Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Robots: The Movie (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robots: The Movie (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RachelH:
loving these cards!!

just bought a box at memorabilia and pulled two sketches:

darren auck - 202/500 its fender in pencil, then gone over in gone over in bright blue ink.
joel a.gomez - 358/511 its fender in black ink.

the postcards from the city cards are sooo cool!!

i want more boxes now!!lol!!

Rachel
x x x x

Well done Rachel - I wish I'd bought a box on Saturday now

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Bought a box at Philly,

I got Chad Frye #337 - BEAUTIFUL card, I wish I had a scanner to post it.

Nice Smile

Thanks.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
got another (expensive (see Taking the fun out post)) box in the mail today for my daughter. Pulled the strangest sketch card I have ever seen a CHRIS MORENO SK$ #289/524.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
got a box today at collectormania inside was

nothing :O nah :P ;

2 base sets
RR4,5,6
PC1,2
SK10
FB4,5
BL-1

not a bad box, apart from the minor scratches, see post in general discussion :P

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rita
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:
quote:
Originally posted by Rita:
Unfortunately box 3 didn't have a sketch in it

Rita: Your third box should have contained a sketch card, but the sketches are inserted randomly, so sometimes a box comes up short (just like sometimes a box has two). Nevertheless, we advertised one sketch per box and that's what you should should expect to get. Contact Inkworks Consumer Relations at info@inkworks.com to take care of it. You'll need to confirm that you purchased a factory sealed display box (with the original Inkworks shrinkwrap), provide the UPC from the back of the box, the box number (located inside the top flap of the box) as well as your name and address.

Moral of the story - if a box doesn't contain what it is supposed to contain, contact the manufacturer.

Just an update on my missing sketch...

Smile Clap Smile

I received a replacement yesterday, many thanks to Sue Lake at Inkworks for sorting this out for me.

It's a beautiful little sketch ...

Thank you Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Valencia, SPAIN | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
That's a VERY nice card

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Very sweet card.... I'm jealous (but that's because I really like the Martineck stuff)

Congrats to Inkworks for fixing the oops!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Inkworks once again proves how awesome they are!

Congrats on that nice sketch Rita! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
That is really nice of INKWORKS, and it's a great card. Smile

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I do think that the card was meant to be in MY box Big Grin

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
got another (expensive (see Taking the fun out post)) box in the mail today for my daughter. Pulled the strangest sketch card I have ever seen a CHRIS MORENO SK$ #289/524.

You know... I actually like that sketch!

But then Bill Sienkiewicz was one of my favs back when I was still collecting comic books.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Extemely nice looking replacement you received Rita.

quote:
But then Bill Sienkiewicz was one of my favs back when I was still collecting comic books.

I liked the cover art Bill did for the Ghost Rider comics.But just did not like his inside pages art.I also did like his comic card art he did for some of Marvels card sets.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rita
posted Hide Post
Smile

Thanks everyone!
I really like Warren Martineck's work so I'm really happy.

Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Valencia, SPAIN | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When it comes to Scetches, Rita's got some touch, First Conan coloured scetch and now this!!!!!!!
So Gutted Frown But here's to Rita Smile
Way to go on the pulls Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
Bought two cheap boxes. Very happy with the results. Big Grin

Box 1

Box loader-BL-2

Rusties to the rescue-5,6,7,8

Fender bender-5,6

Postcards-4,5

Sketch-Sk1 27/149

Box 2

Box loader-BL-2

Rusties to the rescue-3,4,5

Fender bender-1,6

Postcards-1,6

Sketch-Sk2 482/528

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Inkworks has been very consistent with the insert ratio's. I opened a case of Robots and got 10 different artists out of the 10 boxes. And the other chase cards were just as the odds stated.

Thanks Inkworks! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
i got 3 more boxes on the way Smile
Will post the results here soon!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
I got 2 more boxes. Not as good as the first two. But not to bad.

Box 1

Box loader-BL-1

Rusties to the rescue-7,8,9

Fender bender-1,6

Postcards-1,5,6

Sketch-Sk11 135/355

Box 1

Box loader-BL-2

Rusties to the rescue-4,5,6

Fender bender-4,5

Postcards-3,4

Sketch-Sk4 299/524
just noticed a big yellow stain on the back where the marker bleed thru. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gabfan,

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
not much of a breakdown really, but a report rather, lol

we opened 3 boxes, got 2 sketches, including 1 color one! Sk7 Zugale 452 (color!) and SK12 Auck 292
We also got 1 extra Rusties card compared to the odds, all other odds were fine (except 1 box didnt have a sketch... were they guaranteed?)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
We also got 1 extra Rusties card compared to the odds, all other odds were fine (except 1 box didnt have a sketch... were they guaranteed?)

I thought there was a guarantee