Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Robots: The Movie (Inkworks)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/890104619

March 01, 2005, 10:09 PM
Arvin Sloane
Robots: The Movie (Inkworks)
Since I am home with the flu, I was present when the UPS man delivered my case of cards. After my wife and I busted the case I am certainly feeling alot better Big Grin
Case Loader-Sorry Inkworks, but this is one ugly card. There isn't enough contrast in the colors.

Box Loaders 3 sets and an extra BL-3, a nice looking set of cards.

"Rusties to the Rescue" 3 sets with 6 extras. I wasn't happy with the prismatic cards in the "Looney Tunes:BIA" set and these are worse. You have to hold them just at the correct angle to see the image.

"oops...fender bender" 3 sets with 3 extras. I've always loved foil embossed cards and this set is very well done.

"Pictures From the Big City" 3 sets with 3 extras. Very large film transparencies make this insert set a keeper. Very well done!

Now for what you all really want to hear about the sketch cards. Wink First let me say that the scans on the Inkworks site don't do justice to the sketches, especially the colored ones. Inkworks has definitely raised the bar for sketches with this set. My 10 box case yeilded a total of 11 Clap
Tone Rodriguez SK.2 343/528 FULL COLOR
John Czop SK.3 239/300
Chris Moreno SK.4 16/524 black and pink
Chad Frye SK.5 436/515
Mark Dos Santos SK.6 194/489 FULL COLOR AWESOME
Jeff Zugale SK.7 348/501 FULL COLOR VERY SHARP
Joel A. Gomez SK.8 457/511
Nar SK.9 318/404
Warren Martineck SK.10 174/300
Michael Kraiger SK.11 158/355
Darren Auck SK.12 49/500 black w/red eyes SCARRY
All and all a very nice set of cards which should appeal to youngsters as well as adults.

{Edited to make the title conform a bit better to the other ones in this forum --Harris}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,
March 02, 2005, 04:01 PM
hammer
That's a nice split of sketch cards Smile
March 03, 2005, 03:06 AM
hammer
What is also very nice is to be able to look at the sketch cards at the Inkworks web-site. Nice cards Arvin Thumb Up
March 03, 2005, 03:18 AM
Arvin Sloane
Thanks Big Grin And last night I was thinking about two positive aspects from the way Inkworks handled the sketchcards.
First, a short while back a number of Cardtalkers got into a heated debate over the recent "Star Wars Heritage" cards. It seems that a number of aftermarket cards were turning up for sale and some people complained that there wasn't a way to tell the difference between the issued cards and those done after the fact. My numbering each card and giving us the numbers we shouldn't have that problem here.
Secondly, by posting all the cards for us to see there won't be any hanky panky by shady individuals who might be tempted to alter a card (add their own colors). A seller lists their card by number and a potential buyer can then go to the Inkworks site to see if the cards match.
March 03, 2005, 02:15 PM
Inkworks
Altered sketch card images are becoming a concern for some studios. Every one of our Robots: The Movie sketch cards has gone through an approval process and no changes can be made after they have been approved. Any cards that have not been approved and numbered or cards that have been altered are unauthorized and a violation of the studio's copyright. As our team of Robots sketch artists can attest, FOX has been particularly tough with Robots. It is a property that is targeted at children, which is part of the reason, but I think you may see more of a crack down by studios on after-market alterations in the future.

March 03, 2005, 05:03 PM
goldenavenger
A great group of sketch cards from your case!!!! And thanks again Inkworks for all the scans and numbering each card. From a sketch card collector that helps immensely!! Thumb Up

Later, Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
March 11, 2005, 07:57 AM
hammer
One Box (4557)

Base Sets not yet sorted

BL3

RR 2,3,5

Postcards 2,3

FB 1 (only 1 of these in my box Frown)

Sketch : Jeff Zugale SK7 76/501

Not the sketch card artist I was hoping and a chase card short - so disappointing for me
March 11, 2005, 04:10 PM
Puckysaur
quote:
Thanks And last night I was thinking about two positive aspects from the way Inkworks handled the sketchcards.
First, a short while back a number of Cardtalkers got into a heated debate over the recent "Star Wars Heritage" cards. It seems that a number of aftermarket cards were turning up for sale and some people complained that there wasn't a way to tell the difference between the issued cards and those done after the fact. My numbering each card and giving us the numbers we shouldn't have that problem here.
Secondly, by posting all the cards for us to see there won't be any hanky panky by shady individuals who might be tempted to alter a card (add their own colors). A seller lists their card by number and a potential buyer can then go to the Inkworks site to see if the cards match.

Arvin. I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you.
March 11, 2005, 07:25 PM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Not the sketch card artist I was hoping and a chase card short - so disappointing for me
Had a look at the Inkworks site.IMO there isn't a bad sketch.Was you looking for a particular artist ?
March 12, 2005, 03:25 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

Had a look at the Inkworks site.IMO there isn't a bad sketch.Was you looking for a particular artist ?

Yes, it was perhaps wrong to say that. I was hoping for a Martineck card or a colour card
March 18, 2005, 06:34 AM
hammer
I'm surprised that there are not more break-downs for this Confused
March 18, 2005, 06:47 AM
Boldlygone
I'm still waiting for my Binder and packs to arrive from Inkworks. Hoping I get a Sketch.

Going to see the movie tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender
March 18, 2005, 02:25 PM
tialessa
quote:
I'm surprised that there are not more break-downs for this

I haven't gotten my box yet...

March 19, 2005, 03:18 PM
Boldlygone
My Binder & 20 loose packs arrived today, ordered direct from the Inkworks site. Unfortunatly thay were accompanied by a £9.58 (approx US$18.42) Customs Charge Mad Shake Head

Here is what i pulled from my 20 packs:
I didn't manage to collate a complete a Base set. Just 13 missing. with 59 Eek duplicate cards.
of the chase cards i pulled:
0 Rusties to the rescue cards.
1 Fenderbender card FB-5
2 Postcards from the big city cards PC-1 & PC-3
1 Sketch card SK-1 John Czop # 251/300

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 19, 2005, 03:37 PM
spidergoblin
I would venture to guess that the sketch made up for the custom charges Wink

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
March 21, 2005, 06:21 AM
Boldlygone
my box arrived, #4594, today and in the very pack I pulled this SK2 Tony Rodriguez #476/528

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 22, 2005, 02:46 AM
gilgle
quote:
I'm surprised that there are not more break-downs for this

Hey everyone, great pulls.

Now I agree with hammer, I'm surprised that there are not more posts on this. I however was pretty erie about purchasing this set, but after I saw the set I couldn't resist. Also, thanks to arvin sloan for the set.
As they say these days....your the bomb! Wink

March 23, 2005, 03:27 AM
Rita
My 3 boxes arrived yesterday.
Great looking cards!

Box loaders:
BL1, BL3 and a double of BL1

Fender Bender cards:
FB1, FB2, FB3, FB4, FB5, FB6

Postcards from the big city film cards:
PC1, PC3, PC4, PC5, PC6 and a double of PC6

Rusties to the rescue:
RR1, RR2, RR3, RR5, RR6, RR7, RR8, RR9 and a double of RR7

Sketches:
Jeff Zugale 455/501 colour
Michael Kraiger 108/355 pencil

Unfortunately box 3 didn't have a sketch in it Shake Head

I guess luck evens out in the end.

Nice cards though! Smile
March 23, 2005, 08:10 AM
Boldlygone
Congratulations on pulling the colour sketch card, will you be posting a pic? Shame the 3rd box failed to deliver though.

I've gone through one and a half boxes. I will probably have to buy another box, gotta keep looking for those Sketches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 23, 2005, 11:16 AM
gimli
these are the 10 from my case