Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Manos The Hands of Fate Series One (RRParks CARDS, 2020)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manos The Hands of Fate Series One (RRParks CARDS, 2020)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
This fun set arrived today and it really looks good.
Manos the Hand of Fate is one of the worst films ever made, filmed in 1966. Like many bad films, it has attained somewhat of a cult status, thanks to its appearance on MST3000.

I got the Master Set that was offered on Kick Starter. All told, I received 89 cards, including 36 base, 2 motion cards, 2 3D cards, 5 stickers, 4 Riff 'n Sniff, 3 metal cards, including 1 autographed by Jackey Neyman as Debbie (the only surviving cast member, she was the little girl in the film. She also did 9 paintings which appear in a subset. 5 portrait cards are also included.
Base cards and a stick of Motion Gum came in 3 wrapped packs, which also serve as checklists. What is Motion Gum? A lenticular piece of gum, you won't want to eat it though.

There were also several Kick Starter Exlusive cards, including a personalized Backer Thank You card, signed by Richard Parks himself. Richard also did art on a numbered Etching card which looks really cool.
Steve Vance did a sketch for the set which is a puzzle back on the base cards. It is included with the full color drawing on one side, and a blue line draft on the other side.

Got a really cool color sketch by Lindsey Greyling. Richard includes 3 blank sketch cards so you can do a sketch yourself or take it to a favorite artist. The print plates were not ready to be mailed and will be sent out separately. Rounding out my set were several promos for various upcoming RR Parks sets.

All the cards look really good. Richard Parks has created a great set for collectors who love obscure films.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know that movie. "Jaws 4: The Revenge" may be the worst movie I've ever made. A shark somehow follows a plane from New England to the Bahamas just to kill Chief Brody's family?

Anyway, I was just talking to Todd Jordan about Richard Parks. That guy is the antidote for anyone complaining of stomach pains from too many Star Trek, Star Wars, or Marvel card sets. He makes sets for subjects that wouldn't come immediately to mind. "Manos The Hands of Fate" is just the kind of oddball set for movie buffs, horror card fans, and of course the MST3K crowd. I hope it does well.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
This fun set arrived today and it really looks good.
Manos the Hand of Fate is one of the worst films ever made, filmed in 1966. Like many bad films, it has attained somewhat of a cult status, thanks to its appearance on MST3000.

I got the Master Set that was offered on Kick Starter. All told, I received 89 cards, including 36 base, 2 motion cards, 2 3D cards, 5 stickers, 4 Riff 'n Sniff, 3 metal cards, including 1 autographed by Jackey Neyman as Debbie (the only surviving cast member, she was the little girl in the film. She also did 9 paintings which appear in a subset. 5 portrait cards are also included.
Base cards and a stick of Motion Gum came in 3 wrapped packs, which also serve as checklists. What is Motion Gum? A lenticular piece of gum, you won't want to eat it though.

There were also several Kick Starter Exlusive cards, including a personalized Backer Thank You card, signed by Richard Parks himself. Richard also did art on a numbered Etching card which looks really cool.
Steve Vance did a sketch for the set which is a puzzle back on the base cards. It is included with the full color drawing on one side, and a blue line draft on the other side.

Got a really cool color sketch by Lindsey Greyling. Richard includes 3 blank sketch cards so you can do a sketch yourself or take it to a favorite artist. The print plates were not ready to be mailed and will be sent out separately. Rounding out my set were several promos for various upcoming RR Parks sets.

All the cards look really good. Richard Parks has created a great set for collectors who love obscure films.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle

"Jaws 4: The Revenge" may be the worst movie I've ever made.

well at least we now know who to blame. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'll say!
Jess, time to turn in your Director's Guild of America free pack of promo trading cards!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh. I meant it may be the worst movie I've ever seen. You can't prove I had anything to do with it.

I hope I don't have to go into hiding again.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post