Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    GRIMM Collector Cards (Breygent, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GRIMM Collector Cards (Breygent, 2013)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in AK and got three of my cases on Friday, and should be getting the other 3 today (not sure why they are arriving on different days, and not sure why I had to sign for these three and not the first three when the first package also had my 3-case incentive cards). I thought getting them Friday was extremely fast for UPS to here.

My first three cases yielded a complete autograph set although every card has dinged corners. Didn't pull a complete costume card or prop set, but given the SPs in both that isn't surprising. My 3-case incentives were by Seeber and Shay. I will post full results after I bust my last three cases.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe I got 11 props in my first 3 cases...will have to check...may have gotten 12. Only got 2 of the SP props though.

quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
props are rare

Are we talking 1 or 2 per case? Or is it more like 1 in every 2 - 3 cases? My case will be here in a couple of days, and I want my expectations properly aligned. Big Grin

Props have been falling about 3 per case in all the cases I have opened so far. The SSP props fall roughly 1 per case but I had a case without one. The prop set will not be easy to complete

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I've opened two of my three cases and will post a full break down tomorrow eveing after I've gone through the third one. In the meantime, I will say that I was quite pleased with my first case after finding 4 relics, 12 different auto cards and 16 of the 21 costume cards. However, case two has knocked that into a cocked hat when I found it contained an autographed metal printing plate !!!!!

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a quick reminder. Buying/selling posts are only allowed in the advertiser's forums.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My three cases of Grimm produced the following results:

Case 1:

Props: GPR-5, 6, 7, 8

Costumes: GC-1, GC-2, GC-3, GC-4, GC-5 x 2
GC-6 x 2, GC-7, GC-8 x 2, GC-9, GC-12
GC-14, GC-16, GC-17, GC-19, GC-21

Autographs:

Claire Coffee CCAC-1
Claire Coffee CCAC-2
Danielle Panabaker DPAC-1
David Giuntoli DGAC-2
Titus Welliver TWAC-2
Neil Hopkins NHAC-2
Frederick Koehler FKAC-2
Brad William Henke BHAC-2
Sasha Roiz SRAC-2
Silas Weir Mitchell SWAC-2
Bitsie Tulloch BTAC-2
Bree Turner BRTAC1

Case 2:

Props: GPR-1, 3, 4, 5, 10

Costumes: GC-1 x 2, GC-3, GC-4, GC-5, GC-6
GC-8, GC-9, GC-10, GC-11, GC-13
GC-14 x 2, GC-16 x 2, GC-17, GC-19
GC-20, GC-21

Autographs:

Danielle Panabaker DPAC-1
David Giuntoli DGAC-1
Titus Welliver TWAC-1
Neil Hopkins NHAC-1
Frederick Koehler FKAC-1
Brad William Henke BHAC-1
Silas Weir Mitchell SWAC-1
Kenneth Mitchell KMAC-1
Bitsie Tulloch BTAC-1
Bree Turner BRTAC-1
Russell Hornsby RHAC-1

Autograph Printing Plate:

Sasha Roiz SRAC-1

Case 3:

Props: GPR-1, 2, 3, 4

Costumes: GC-1, GC-2 x 2, GC-3, GC-4, GC-5
GC-6, GC-7, GC-8, GC-9, GC-10
GC-11, GC-13, GC-14, GC-15, GC-16
GC-17, GC-18, GC-19, GC-20

Autographs:

Reggie Lee RLAC-1
Reggie Lee RLAC-2
Danny Bruno DBRAC-1
Danny Bruno DBRAC-2
Frederick Koehler FKAC-1
Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio
Russell Hornsby RHAC-1
Russell Hornsby RHAC-2
Daniel Baldwin DBAC-1
Daniel Baldwin DBAC-2
Kenneth Mitchell KMAC-1
Kenneth Mitchell KMAC-2

Sketch:

Steven Miller

I contacted Tom at Breygent who told me that there are a total of 22 signed printing plates distributed throughout this release. The breakdown being:

MMAC-1 = 3
SRAC-1 = 4
SWAC-1 = 7
RHAC-1 = 8

Each plate substitutes for that regular autograph card which is why my second case only had 11 autographs.

The image below shows my 3-case incentive sketch by Ed Cherniga, my box pulled sketch by Steven Miller and the B&W metal printing plate signed by Sasha Roiz:

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I've busted one case so far and will post the results later tonight. It seems I have a strange case as I had both versions of all the autos I pulled except for one.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
We just finished busting our case. Have to say that we thought the base cards, autos, costumes, props, and lenticulars all look far better in person. The pics looked great, but they just could not do justice to this set.

The "proofs" were pretty cool, except there were some that looked like Monroe had been marking his territory. Wink

Case yielded:
GPR-2, 3, 4, 5, and 10
Hit all the big autos:
2 Bree Turner and Bitsie Tulloch
R. Hornsby
D. Giuntoli
S. W. Mitchell
M. E. Mastrantonio
S. Roiz
K. Mitchell
B. W. Henke
C. Coffee

I have not put together our list of costumes. We did well, and are pleased. No rare costumes, though. Guess that is what makes them rare. Smile

Overall, this is a fantastic product. The prop cards are great. The autograph cards just look awesome in person. Can't say how much fun we had. It should not be legal to have that much fun opening trading cards, but I am glad it is.

The bad part is that I now have to find a way to pay for a second case. Donations can be sent to... Seriously, send your money to a real charity like the Red Cross or the Humane Society. I was joking.

Thanks to the folks at Breygent. You guys knocked this one out of the park.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My case yielded the following :

Three Props : GPR2,GPR4,GPR6.

Eighteen Costumes : GC1,GC2,GC3,GC4 x 2,GC5,GC6 x 2,GC7,GC8,GC9,GC12,GC14,GC16,GC17,GC18,GC19,GC21.

Twelve Autos : Bitsie Tulloch
Neil Hopkins
Danielle Panabaker both types
Claire Coffee both types
Sasha Roiz both types
Titus Wellver both types
David Giuntoli both types.

Looks like I got unlucky with the numbers as most cases seem to have 36 hits to my 33 and I would have liked a few different autos. Still it's a beautifully designed set, I just have a bit more work than I had hoped to complete it.

One question for those lucky enough to pull a sketch (as usual my luck was out).Was the sketch in a pack,on top of a box,or on top of a case?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
My case yielded the following :

Three Props : GPR2,GPR4,GPR6.

Eighteen Costumes : GC1,GC2,GC3,GC4 x 2,GC5,GC6 x 2,GC7,GC8,GC9,GC12,GC14,GC16,GC17,GC18,GC19,GC21.

Twelve Autos : Bitsie Tulloch
Neil Hopkins
Danielle Panabaker both types
Claire Coffee both types
Sasha Roiz both types
Titus Wellver both types
David Giuntoli both types.

Looks like I got unlucky with the numbers as most cases seem to have 36 hits to my 33 and I would have liked a few different autos. Still it's a beautifully designed set, I just have a bit more work than I had hoped to complete it.

One question for those lucky enough to pull a sketch (as usual my luck was out).Was the sketch in a pack,on top of a box,or on top of a case?

Sketch was in a top loader as a box topper.

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I meant to ask if anyone else got two hits in any packs. We pulled a Tulloch auto and a Monroe costume in one pack. It was our only one like that.

Also, we had one box with two props. One was a page from the Grimm book, and the other was the a variant with stud from the spike club.

Thought both were unusual.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I meant to ask if anyone else got two hits in any packs. We pulled a Tulloch auto and a Monroe costume in one pack. It was our only one like that.

Also, we had one box with two props. One was a page from the Grimm book, and the other was the a variant with stud from the spike club.

Yeah...had that happen a couple of times...with a costume card and auto card in the same pack.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:

Yeah...had that happen a couple of times...with a costume card and auto card in the same pack.
Pretty sure I came across a couple of those too. Mind you, I was more pleased to find a 'hot' box in each of my cases with an auto, a relic and three costume cards Smile

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:

Pretty sure I came across a couple of those too. Mind you, I was more pleased to find a 'hot' box in each of my cases with an auto, a relic and three costume cards Smile

That's cool. I had two boxes with one auto, one prop, and two dual costumes. None with 3 costumes of which I know, but I am not complaining.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
A box arrived at my local shop for me today. It looked like this:

1 base set
8 proof cards (2 of each colour)
Lenticular flip cards GL-1 and GL-15
Aunt Marie's Trailer AMT-5 and AMT-6
Grimm Secrets GS-2
Dual costume card GC-19 (Monroe and Rosalee)
Autograph SWAC-2 Silas Weir Mitchell Smile

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Got 6 boxes but saving 2 to open with my kids here are the 4 I opened. I will post those later.

1st box
GC12 Bree Turner's shirt
GC-14 Reggie's pants
NHAC-2 Neil Hopkins
AMT-5&6
GS-2
GL-6&7
8 proof cards

Second box
GC-5 Sasha Ruiz's suit jacket
GPRS-3 Double headed axe (handle) Thumb Up
TWAC-2 Titus Welliver
AMT-7&8
GS-3
GL-4&5
8 proof cards

Third box
GC-14 Reggie's Pants Frown
GC-16 Dual Silas/Nick shirts Clap
SWAC-2 Silas Weir Mitchell Metal
AMT-4&5
GS-3
GL-13&14
8 proof cards

Fourth box
GC-10 Silas' Shirt
FKAC-2 Fredrick Koehler
AMT-8&9
GS-2
GL-9&10
8 proof cards

Box 5
GC-2 Nick's shirt
CG-3 Hank's shirt
DPAC-2 Danielle Panabacker
AMT-3&4
GS-1
GL-8&9
8 proof cards

Box 6
CG-4 Hank's shirt
SRAC-2 Sasha Ruiz Smile
AMT-1&2
GS-3
GL-10&11

I only had a couple of damaged cards but that was the fault of the post office as it appears they let a tiger handle my box. It had a dessert plate sized hole on one side and the other side was mashed in. Very glad that the awesome binder was not damaged.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lovemesomecards,

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Here is my first case:

GPR-1, 5, 6, 7, and 12

GC-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14x2, 16x2, 17x2, 18x2, 19, 20, and 21

TWAC1&2, NHAC1&2, SRAC1&2, DPAC1&2, CCAC1&2, DGAC1&2, BTAC1

1 complete set of Lenticulars with 9 extras

4 complete sets of Grimm's Secrets with 0 extras

2 complete sets of Aunt Marie's with 6 extras

I also have 103 of the plate cards. No complete sets of four, but 5 with 3 of 4 colors. I nice idea, but frankly the yellow cards are terrible. I agree with the comment above about them looking like a stain Monroe may have left behind.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
would you rather see 3 out of the 4 colors?
yellow doesnt show well

tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the C, M, Y, K, cards are a great idea and hope
Breygent do this in future collections.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
yellow doesnt show well

tom

No, I love the idea. I know you were going for authenticity with the 4 colors being basically the same as a press plate, and I think that is good. I just wonder if they (yellow cards) may need to be manipulated a bit - maybe toned down a bit. Since they are not press plates, I think that would be okay.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
yellow doesnt show well

tom

Yes, we know yellow doesn't show well. Some ideas work better than others, no need to get offended.