Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    GRIMM Collector Cards (Breygent, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GRIMM Collector Cards (Breygent, 2013)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Tom did not get offended, he just asked a simple question if you (we) rather see 3 out of the 4 colors since yellow indeed does not show well. Tom acknowledges that and he want to have some input so he can improve his next set.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Arvin I was just asking what people thought.
We have a few more ideas also we are working on for future sets.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't really care for the one color cards...I honestly thought they were printing mistakes. There nothing to distiguish them from the regular base card except they only have one color. I honestly would prefer some other base parallel if that is what these were supposed to be

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Honestly, the idea isn't a bad one. These make a nice additional item to collect. It's just the the yellow cards don't show very well. If you can find some way to make the images viewable then you'll have something. It's a lot better and cheaper than trying to find four different printing plates from a release.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:

Tom

Tom

I thought the Black ones worked VERY well

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Box 6

Got 2 dual costumes GC-19 (Second one of these), Gc-20
1 Auto Claire Coffee
2 Very Nice Lenticular Cards GL-8, GL-9 (both Dupes)
2 Aunt Marie's Trailer Chase AMT-2, AMT-3
1 Grimm Secrets Chase GS-1
8 Proof Cards (2 of each colour)

Box 7

Got 1 costume GC-3
1 Prop Card - GPR-12
1 Auto Russell Hornsby RHAC-2 (Black Ink)
2 Very Nice Lenticular Cards GL-10, GL-11
2 Aunt Marie's Trailer Chase AMT-1, AMT-9
1 Grimm Secrets Chase GS-3

Purchased 7 boxes from 3 different dealers. Beat the oddds with props but AMT-6 short on the chase set and a couple of dupes on costumes and auto's so will be looking to trade to complete some sets Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Trades posted including all proof cards

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes.

Autos
MMAC1 Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as Kelly Burkhart
BRTAC1 Bree Turner as Rosalee Calvert (Grey jumper)

Costume
CC5 - Sasha Roiz as Captain Renard jacket
CC6 - Sasha Roiz as Captain Renard shirt
CC16 - David Giuntoli as Nick Burkhart and Silas Weir Mitchell as Monroe

Prop
GPR3 - Dual head fire axe (wooden handle)

Others
GS1, GS3
AMT1, AMT2, AMT3, AMT9
GL5, GL6, GL7, GL8

16 Proof cards (4 of each colour) didn't care for them

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:

Tom

Tom

I thought the Black ones worked VERY well

They are the ones I would collect, they have an x-ray type quality, but I think that it also depends on the card photo. I had a pink of a wide scene that did not show enough detail, but I had another pink of a card with a close up portrait and I liked the way it looked.

So if its ideas you want, I would say that only tested cards that show well should get the treatment, not the full run. And maybe instead of getting two black, yellow, blue and pink of random cards in a box, you could get all four colors on only two cards. In other words you would have all proof colors on the same two pictures, rather than one color on eight different cards.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am just going to get one set of proof cards with some of each of the four colours. Going to be mainly the black ones but as Raven says there are some where other colours are better, even one or two yellow ones Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Box 6

Got 2 dual costumes GC-19 (Second one of these), Gc-20
1 Auto Claire Coffee
2 Very Nice Lenticular Cards GL-8, GL-9 (both Dupes)
2 Aunt Marie's Trailer Chase AMT-2, AMT-3
1 Grimm Secrets Chase GS-1

Box 7

Got 1 costume GC-3
1 Prop Card - GPR-12
1 Auto Russell Hornsby RHAC-2 (Black Ink)
2 Very Nice Lenticular Cards GL-10, GL-11
2 Aunt Marie's Trailer Chase AMT-1, AMT-9
1 Grimm Secrets Chase GS-3

Purchased 7 boxes from 3 different dealers. Beat the oddds with props but AMT-6 short on the chase set and a couple of dupes on costumes and auto's so will be looking to trade to complete some sets Smile

What happened to the breakdown for boxes 4 & 5?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
You noticed!!! Trying to be clever I edited the 4/5 post rather than replying so lost it Shake Head

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I received my box today and I pulled

1 base set
1 Grimm Secrets GS-2
2 Aunt Marie's Trailer AMT-7, AMT-8
2 Lenticular cards GL 9, GL 10
1 Auto Brad William Henke
2 Costume cards GC-7, GC9

and 8 of those ugly misprinted cards. Which turned out to be not misprinted at all... well, if I hadn't read here about them being intended to look this way, I would've thrown them away.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
I received my box today and I pulled

1 base set
1 Grimm Secrets GS-2
2 Aunt Marie's Trailer AMT-7, AMT-8
2 Lenticular cards GL 9, GL 10
1 Auto Brad William Henke
2 Costume cards GC-7, GC9

and 8 of those ugly misprinted cards. Which turned out to be not misprinted at all... well, if I hadn't read here about them being intended to look this way, I would've thrown them away.

Ah, that's a bit rough. Except the yellow, I am starting to dig them quite a bit. The more I look at them, the more I would like to be able to have all 4 (even the yellow) of my favorite base cards.

Hopefully you are "Hap"py with your autograph card. Smile

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened what feels like a pretty awful box.

Base set is missing 1 card
Eight proof cards but one is a duplicate
2 puzzle cards
1 Grimm Secrets
2 Lenticular
1 costume (Turner/Weir Mitchell dual)
1 autograph (Weir Mitchell)

That's it.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened a 2nd box, and it was quite different from the first box.

Grimm Secrets GS-2
Aunt Marie's Trailer AMT-2 & 3
Lenticular GL 13 & 14
2 costume cards GC-20 and GC-21 (the one with 7 pieces!) Smile
1 prop card GPR-4
Daniel Baldwin autograph DBAC-1

Wow. I was surprised and pleased by this box. I had one costume and no prop in the first box.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cracked a case of this Sunday night, this case was probably the most far out case I've ever done......

Base sets: Not sure
Proof cards 8 per box: 110 YES 110!!!!!
Puzzle cards 2 per box: 30 (Made 2 sets)
Lenticular Cards 2 per pox: 31 (Made 1 set)
Secret cards 1 per box: 25 (Made 7 sets seriously)
Auto's at one per box: 10 Frown
Costume cards 1 or 2 per box: 16
Prop cards 1 in 3 boxes: 11 Eek Eek Eek Eek

The case was factory sealed and so were the boxes but it was a mixed emotion case, 1 box had no hits, another box had 3 Auto's 2 props and 6 or 7 costume cards Smile Smile Smile
1 Box had 20 proof cards in it no joke

Already emailed tom about my case break and the really nice thing is he got back to me within 30 mins Smile
My Case was probably the last case off the printing line lol!!!!!!

In terms of Auto's, not good but did pull 8 main cast members which was really good
Nick Smile
Hank x 2 Smile
Munroe Smile
Sargent Wu
The Captain
Adalind
Rosalee Smile Smile Smile
2 lesser known Characters

Costume cards were 13 Different ones with 2 Variations and 1 duplicate so that was good Smile Smile Smile

The Props were the highlight, 3 rare and 7 normal ones

On the whole I feel Breygent outdid themselves and really went the distance on this set Smile Smile Smile Smile

So I got a far out case and did not get 12 Auto's, but the props, costume and the rest more than made up for it Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I opened a 2nd box, and it was quite different from the first box.

Grimm Secrets GS-2
Aunt Marie's Trailer AMT-2 & 3
Lenticular GL 13 & 14
2 costume cards GC-20 and GC-21 (the one with 7 pieces!) Smile
1 prop card GPR-4
Daniel Baldwin autograph DBAC-1

Wow. I was surprised and pleased by this box. I had one costume and no prop in the first box.

Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As for the earlier post on the case.....
Did make 12 sets Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
2 more boxes.

Autos
DGAC-1 David Giuntoli as Detective Nick Burkhardt
RLAC-2 Reggie Lee as Sergeant Wu

Costumes
GC-6 Captain Renard
GC-18 Sergeant Wu and Hank Griffen
GC-19 Rosalee Calvert and Monroe

others
GL1 (x2), GL2, GL15
AMT4-AMT7
GS1, GS2

16 Proof cards (4 each of each colour)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post