Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Yearbox 2009 (Strictly Ink)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yearbox 2009 (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted
Set 73/200

Sketches:
New Avengers - Aragon
2000AD - Ochiltree
CSI - Pedicini
HarryHausen - Pangan
CSI - Edwards

CSI Miami auto Bliss
Carry On 59 years auto Peter Rogers

Promos: lots

Set 87/200

Sketches:
HarryHausen - Pangan
HarryHausen - Wilkinson
HarryHausen - ??? (owl)
Hammer Horror - not sure of artist but a great Sherlock Holmes sketch
2000AD - Neocleous

Man from UNCLE auto Robert Vaughn

Promos: lots

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice break!

Is the Mangue Owl (Bubo) sketch for trade?

Thanks,

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

I think you will find that great Sherlock Holmes sketch is actually a great Baron Frankenstein sketch. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

I think you will find that great Sherlock Holmes sketch is actually a great Baron Frankenstein sketch. Thumb Up
I'd be inclined to agree with that, Baron Frankenstein as portrayed by the late great Peter Cushing. Also, the artist is Sarah Lyons.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I recognised Peter Cushing and thought some of the scientific equipment was a magnifying glass so assumed Sherlock Holmes, but I believe you are both correct.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Elementary my dear Jen. Big Grin Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great looking sketches Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Why has nobody else posted here? I actually came to this thread to see if I could work out what a 'gold' sketch is. I gather there should be 1 per yearset, but none of mine appear to fit the description (BTW, I am perfectly happy with my sketches, just curious).

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why has nobody else posted here? I actually came to this thread to see if I could work out what a 'gold' sketch is. I gather there should be 1 per yearset, but none of mine appear to fit the description (BTW, I am perfectly happy with my sketches, just curious).

There's a few to see over in the Strictly Ink section on Scoundrel

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that due to the contentious issues over some of the sketch cards and the general attitude towards Strictly Ink products no one but the die hards bother to post their breakdowns here anymore. I certainly don't. To be quite honest I very rarely post here at all any more.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK so after seeing quite a lot of Harryhausen sketches at Memorabilia this is what was in my "Yearset 2009"

Pack 151/200
Orange Dalek by Carolyn Edwards
Wolfman by Nik
A Harryhausen by RAM
Gambit by Davies
A Harryhausen by Sarah Lyons
Peter Rogers autograph

Promos for
The Harryhausen collection
CSI Miami PR1
The Professionals PR1
The Avengers Additions PR1
Hammer Horror 2010 x 2
The Avebgers series 3 P1 x 3
Monty Pythons Flying Circus
CSI NY PR2 and 6 others

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post