Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Rise of Skywalker Series 2 (Topps, 2020)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Rise of Skywalker Series 2 (Topps, 2020)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
24 packs, 8 cards each

1 complete set, plus 42 extras Clap
2 bronze #/99 1:36
13 blue 1:2
6 purple 1:4
3 red 1:9
6 Heroes of Resistance 1:4
6 Villians of First Order 1:4
5 Weapons 1:5
4 Knights of Ren 1:6
1 Kylo Continuity 1:24
1 poster 1:24
1 foil puzzle ?
1 red Heroes 1:162
1 blue auto Aiden Cook as Boolio 1:41

Overall grade C/C-.
Pros: complete set, 8 cards per pack, Knights of Ren chase, and auto design.
Cons: claims two but only got one real hit, foil puzzle, and parallel overkill, again!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
24 packs, 8 cards each

1 complete set, plus 42 extras Clap
2 bronze #/99 1:36
13 blue 1:2
6 purple 1:4
3 red 1:9
6 Heroes of Resistance 1:4
6 Villians of First Order 1:4
5 Weapons 1:5
4 Knights of Ren 1:6
1 Kylo Continuity 1:24
1 poster 1:24
1 foil puzzle ?
1 red Heroes 1:162
1 blue auto Aiden Cook as Boolio 1:41

Overall grade C/C-.
Pros: complete set, 8 cards per pack, Knights of Ren chase, and auto design.
Cons: claims two but only got one real hit, foil puzzle, and parallel overkill, again!

Rise of Skywalker S2 had a packout problem so you were probably shorted a hit. I opened three cases for a group break and all were missing the sketches. The cases had a stamp code of 167 .03 and the boxes were stamped 16407.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Rise of Skywalker S2 had a packout problem so you were probably shorted a hit. I opened three cases for a group break and all were missing the sketches. The cases had a stamp code of 167 .03 and the boxes were stamped 16407.

Hi ifish. What do you mean by a "packout problem"? Were sketches found doubled up in other cases? Did Topps wind up with a sketch surplus not seeded or did missing hits just disappear? Did TOPPS ever compensate you for the missing sketches?

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Was wondering if the FOIL is considered a hit?
What did you do about the missing sketches?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Hi ifish. What do you mean by a "packout problem"? Were sketches found doubled up in other cases? Did Topps wind up with a sketch surplus not seeded or did missing hits just disappear? Did TOPPS ever compensate you for the missing sketches?

The batch of cases with the codes I mentioned did not have any sketches in them. All of my cases were part of that batch so I can't say if they were doubled up sketches in some of the other cases. I submitted a ticket, mailed in whatever information they require and they sent me however many sketches I was missing. I can say that the replacement sketches were not all from RoS.

quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Was wondering if the FOIL is considered a hit?
What did you do about the missing sketches?

The foil is not a hit, but it is the best insert to pull. If you go to the Topps website there is a form to print out and you mail that in with the box code. You also need to submit a ticket on the website.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my box today.
1 set of 100 base cards
37 duplicates
13 Blue parallel
6 Purple parallel
2 Red parallel numbered to 199
1 Bronze parallel numbered to 99
1 Gold parallel numbered to 10
6 Heroes of the Resistance
6 Weapons
6 Villains of the First Order
4 Knights of Ren
1 Poster Card
1 Kylo Ren
1 Foil Puzzle card
My 2 hits:
Vehicle Medallion Card, Lt. Vanik

My autograph - and I know you all are going to be wanting to trade me for this one, but forget it, I'm not letting it go!

Brian Herring, Puppeteer for BB-8

Thoughts about this set: I was happy to get a base set. The inserts mostly have a matte finish and look good. The 9 card puzzle is foil and really neat looking, but at one per box, good luck putting all nine together. The Medallion card isn't bad, however, it is not a relic from the film. I pulled all the packs out of the box and the auto was in the first pack I opened, and I thought I can only go uphill from here. Thought I was really due for a big Star Wars auto.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
My autograph - and I know you all are going to be wanting to trade me for this one, but forget it, I'm not letting it go!

Brian Herring, Puppeteer for BB-8.

It's a card to watch for sure. He comes from a long line of puppeteers. His Grandfather was a puppeteer, his father was a puppeteer and his brother is a sock puppet. His goal is to one day pull Pinocchio's strings and get elected to the Puppeteer Hall of Fame, which currently has only two members, Shari Lewis and the guy who wheeled around E.T. Congrats. Big Grin

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Received a package from Topps today.
Surprise! surprise!
They replaced the missing hit with a printing plate, plus they added in two series 2 hobby packs. Clap
Granted the plate was from Saga not series 2, but no complaints.
This is the best response ever from Topps, and all within two weeks.
Keep it up Topps!!! Thumb Up