Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars: Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted
Well...I guess I will start it up. I purcahsed a case which has not arrived yet. However my local comic shop got in a hobby box which I snapped right up cuz I needed my fix. I was punished by not pulling any autos OR sketches Frown. I unwrapped the box and cracked all of it at the same time...double checked and when the dust cleared all I had were 4 foils and base cards. I need to sort the base cards to see what % of a set I got (or what extras past a set I have). I just thought it was worth mentioning that topps gave me the screw. Anyone else not have a box contain a sketch or auto? Don't get me wrong...the base set is beautiful and the foils are awesome...I just love sketch cards and not getting one when they are supposed to be 1 in a box was a big let down. I hope my case fairs better Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Posts: 41 | Location: Santa Barbara, CA | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Was the box sealed up with the topps logo wrapper when you bought it? If it wasn't or the box was already opened, then it could be that one lucky chap has picked up the sketch card before you came along.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I just finished busting four hobby boxes and here's the results:

Base Sets: 4 (a couple short of a fifth with several leftovers)
Etched Foil: 2 sets, 2 extras
Autographs: Yeah, right!
Sketches:
Randy Martinez (Nien Numb)
Davide Fabbri (Jawa)
Ryan Benjamin (Yoda)
Sean Philips (Royal Guard)
Mike Lemos (Droid)

Four boxes, five sketch cards; an extra sketch for me (sorry Darien). From the early sounds, the collation could be off. Overall, I'm a happy camper.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Actually the stated sketch odds are 1 in 38. Now unless that is to off-set the autograph odds (Topps is usually not that precise) it would stand to reason that some boxes will not have any. Some boxes could have two...like LOTR FOTR and the autographs.

And, of course, they dont guarantee anything when it comes to their own production insert ratio. Not that it is common but technically one box could have three sketches and three boxes have none and they still would have fullfilled their stated odds requirements. (along with the legal disclaimers)

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The packs do say something along the lines of one sketch or autograph per box. And while it's lumped in at the end of the odds, it is a blanket statement, not one where you may or may not get one. I think those who don't get a sketch or auto should give Topps CS a polite phone call. I've dealt with them in the past with little problem.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that DarrenD. Maybe you will pull the Hamill auto out of your case Smile

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well This will be My First Post in here,

1st Box Foils #1,#2,#3,#6
Auto,,James Earl Jones (YEA)

Box 2 Foils #2,#2,#5,#6
Sketch Obi By Robert Teranish

Haven't Tried to make Any Sets Yet,Didn't do To Bad I Think,i would put a pic of it in here but dont know how

This message has been edited. Last edited by: brandocles,

Posts: 1108 | Location: Tucson,AZ U.S.A | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey nice pulls man..... Especially The Auto, thats quite good Smile

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the auto pull!!!!

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I'm desperate for a box or two of these.

About the 1 in 38 odds, probably is to offset the auto odds because that would work out as every 18th box not having a sketch instead containing an auto wouldn't it?

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjdmadcow
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of what looks like the first UK jury :

Just finished breaking a case, but I haven't collated any base sets yet.

4 x complete sets of the etched-foil cards, plus 8 remaining.

No auto's Shake Head

9 x Sketch cards, one each of :
Cummens
Lemos
Parsons
Martinez
Fabbri
Busch

plus 3 below that I can't work out the artist's name. Any help would be most appreciated thanks.

CJD

Posts: 45 | Location: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: April 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
First one is McCrea, Second one is Tom Hodges, third one is ??? I'm sure I know, I just can't recall right now...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...I purchased it as he pulled it out of the shipment box sealed tight and I bought every pack after I made sure it was hobby. Yeah a Mark auto would be something uber special. I should have my case today or tomorrow...I am really excited. I am actually a sucker for a tough pull. Harry Potter POA was actually fun for me and I pulled the Watson auto in 4 boxes, so maybe my luck can hold for this release too Cool

Chris

Posts: 41 | Location: Santa Barbara, CA | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
UPS just dropped my box off. I will post alittle later what I pull out of it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjdmadcow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
First one is McCrea, Second one is Tom Hodges, third one is ??? I'm sure I know, I just can't recall right now...

Thank you

CJD

Posts: 45 | Location: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: April 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

plus 3 below that I can't work out the artist's name. Any help would be most appreciated thanks.

CJD

The Chewie is Ryan Benjamin.

As a side note, it would have been nice to have the artist's name on the back of the card instead of having to decipher the signature.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Picture of cjdmadcow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:

CJD

The Chewie is Ryan Benjamin.

As a side note, it would have been nice to have the artist's name on the back of the card instead of having to decipher the signature.

Thank you & I totally agree about the naming !

CJD

Picture of Fire8rays
posted Hide Post
I just busted 2 boxes and one did not contain an auto or sketch card.It does state on the wrapper an auto or sketch per box.I did get a set of foils and 3 extra .2 sets short 23 cards for the 3rd.I will be calling topps on monday as they are gone for the day now.

Posts: 156 | Location: Kansas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjdmadcow
posted Hide Post
My brain is too fried to give a further detailed breakdown, suffice to say that these are my 2 favourite sketches by far.

CJD

posted Hide Post
There is hope Fire8rays...I talked to Topps today and since it does say something on the website of "1 auto or sketch per box" we get to mail in the bottom of the box for them to make it up to us. Hope that lets you breathe easy.

Chris