Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars: Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice Auto cards Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of doggonit
posted Hide Post
nice Thumb Up

the Martinez sketch of a Nikto Jedi Knight looks more like Droopy with a hood to me Big Grin

Posts: 717 | Location: uk | Registered: April 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
I just helped a friend open 3 cases of these and we didn't get one stinking autograph. Lots of @#!$%!%^ Randy Martinez sketches, though.

I'll see if he'll let me borrow and scan the sketches.

-Bob-

I can understand the frustration, as some of the prices settle on ebay you can now get for the price spent on 3 cases, several complete base and foil sets, a JEJ auto, a CF auto and probably close to as many sketch cards as your friend ended up with.

I think the auto prices will climb again once everything dries up but for right now (with wave 2 coming out as well) I would call it a buyers market.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
I went in with 3 other collectors on a 3 case purchase and we ended up with an Autograph in each Case-Great Considering the odds. I myself bought a case and got the JEJ auto in the 3rd box I opened. Opened the 4th box and was disappointed with a Martinez Sketch so am saving my last 4 boxes for a trade toward some Evolution Autos I need. If that doesn't happen, I'll save for a rainy day. Another case bought by 1 person yielded another JEJ auto. The final case that 2 collector's split 4 boxes each yielded a Carrie Fisher Auto. I was just a little envious Wink but one of us was left out in the cold, but very happy with his sketches. A little disappointed that they are inserting the same autos in Wave 2 including many of the same sketch artists...Didn't get any Roll Eyes

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Opened two boxes at the NEC show at the weekend.

No auto's a nice McCrea Leia (side on) and a poor felt tip sketch of Lando in a skiff guards helmet which I have listed on the poor sketches thread.

A friend of mine opened about 8 (eight) cases to find a Leia auto.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Wave 2 sketch artists. Is there any news concerning who the new artists will be for Wave 2?
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
I bought a case and am still opening boxes. But to my utter surprise tonight in box five, I pulled a Carrie Fisher autograph. Very happy after my first four boxes revealed sketches, even though three were done in ink not in pencil.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
I bought a case and am still opening boxes. But to my utter surprise tonight in box five, I pulled a Carrie Fisher autograph. Very happy after my first four boxes revealed sketches, even though three were done in ink not in pencil.

Outstanding,great pull Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAT
posted Hide Post
Well 4 more cases to make 5 in total and have to say I am very p*ssed. No auto cards in any box and some cases had the same sketch by the same artist in different boxes. 1 ended up with 3 Busch. Now with about 29 artists and 8 sketches per case you would have thought you stood a good chance not to pull 2 from 1 artist but 3?
This will be the last time I buy Topps cards by the case.

Posts: 192 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
That seems to be the norm, probably because of the different numbers each artist did. I pulled 9 sketches from my case and had 2 each by 3 different artists (and the 2 Busch sketches were virtually identcal) and 1 each by the other 3 artists so I only pulled cards by 6 artists for my 9 sketches.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Dear Lord,
I take back all those things I said. Thank you for blessing me with a CARRIE FISHER auto in my first box of Wave Two that I opened today.

Smile

Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Couldn't have happened to a better person! Big Grin

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
I'm envious Wink
But agree completely...Couldn't happen to a better person.
Congrats Clap

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
-I take back all those things I said. Thank you for blessing me with a CARRIE FISHER auto in my first box of Wave Two that I opened today.

Bang goes the karma for the rest of the year, mind... Big Grin

Good for you!

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Good thing the year is almost over then Wink

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Dear Lord,
I take back all those things I said. Thank you for blessing me with a CARRIE FISHER auto in my first box of Wave Two that I opened today.

Clap Clap Clap

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratters Joannas. Bouncey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Joanna on an amazing find. Dance

You deserve it after your generosity with the Essay Autos. It shows one good turn returns another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I just opened my 1st ever box of Star Wars Cards. I decided to try a box of Heritage and magaged to compile 1 full base set. I aslo pulled 4 Etched foil cards #2,3,4 & 5. They do look nice. No autos Frown but i did pull one Sketch card of a horned beast by R Martinez

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Boldlygone,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post