Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek TOS Portfolio Prints (Rittenhouse Archives, 2014)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek TOS Portfolio Prints (Rittenhouse Archives, 2014)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
First Case:

Autos
Walter Koenig (VL)
A256 Garth Pillsbury (L)
A259 Sean Morgan (L)
A261 Michael Barrier (L)
A263 DAvid L Ross (L)
A266 Gerald Fried
A267 Lee Duncan
A272 Budd Albright
A273 Richard Scotter
A274 William O'Connell (VL)
A276 Roger Perry (L)
A277 Geoffrey Binney (L)

Inserts
Base Parallel Gold Signature - 11 total (8,14,29,31,34,49,52,54,59,60,64)
Base Parallel (Hand-Signed by Juan Ortiz) - 6 total (13,21,22,23,34,72)
Bridge Crew Portraits - 1 complete set, 5 extras
Bridge Crew Portraits Alternate Gold - RAA1 & RAA4
Bridge Crew Abstracts - 1 complete set, 3 extras
Animated Series - 1 complete set, 2 extras
Case Topper CT1 (#144/400)

Sketches
A Private Little War/Brian Kong, A Piece of the Action/Dan Day, Turnabout Intruder/Dan Day
Day of the Dove/Sean Pence, The Enterprise Incident (Steven Miller), The Trouble With Tribbles (Sarah Wilkinson)
The Apple/Steven Miller, The Doomsday Machine/Brian Kong

The Immunity Syndrome/Warren Martinek, Mirror, Mirror/Justin Chung
The Ultimate Computer/Brian Kong, Is There In Truth No Beauty?/Brian Kong

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Rittenhouse for thinking outside the card box and creating this set. It was a nice change to see something unique with this license. I would love it if they could bring JUAN ORTIZ to the PHILLY SHOW.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the cards in person yet, but the designs look really retro and cool. Loving the artwork, and looking forward to getting the cards.

Posts: 1459 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The art is very retro. Looks like the old sketch-a-graphs, but the ones I have seen are mainly on comic characters.

I can appreciate B/W sketches, but would have to see a bigger sample. There is a lot of white when they draw them like this.

Posts: 10413 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got a box of these today. Box 4455 yielded this:
I base set of 80 cards plus 32 extras
2 Animated series cards
1 Gold signature Ortiz card 29/150
1 Abstract Bridge Crew card U6 Sulu
1 Bridge Crew card RA3 McCoy
1 Gold Bridge Crew card Kirk 250/250
1 autograph - William O'Connell (VL)
1 sketch The Way to Eden by Dan Day

Really nice looking cards, this is something very different and cool. Sketch is really well done. Was happy to pull a gold bridge card, and number is really good, 250/250, the last of it's kind!

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box at the Chicago show.

24 packs, 5 cards each
1 base set, 33 extras
1 Bridge Crew RA1 - Kirk
1 Abstract U6 - Sulu
2 Animated TAS6,11
1 gold foil #18 35/150
1 auto A259 -limited
1 pencil sketch - DDay

Overall D
Pros: Bridge Crew insert, Auto design
Cons: weak on the chase cards 7/24 packs, sketch in pencil, & 1 parallel per box.

Will give credit for risking something different, but overall this release needs more...bang for the buck.

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked this set until I checked eBay for sketches. Sure there 1/1 but the image may have been repeated 10, 20 + times! Not what I considered 1/1.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post