Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Captain America (Upper Deck, 2011)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain America (Upper Deck, 2011)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Interesting that they sent you a Kree-Skrull sketch as a Captain America replacement!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Interesting that they sent you a Kree-Skrull sketch as a Captain America replacement!

I didn't even notice that at first - all I saw was Charles Hall Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I can understand that! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Wow, they sent you some good cards!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just getting started with Non-Sport so to kick start my collection of Iron Man and Captain America, I decided to bust 3 cases.

I just finished busting it them yesterday and it was soooooo much fun!! I was blown away by how many great hits came out despite the high number of manufactured patch cards I pulled. Here is the breakdown:

26 Sketch Cards(shorted 4 according to UD's numbers)
4 Printing Plates 1/1
3 Autographs, but all of the same guy, Neal McDonough(but I'm quite happy with it)
8 Complete Manufactured Patch Sets(1-6)

Costume Cards(did pretty good with these despite the high number of Zolas):
3 x M-3 Peggy Carter(Brown, Brown, Red)
2 x M-5 Howard Stark
1 x M-6 Red Skull
5 x M-7 Dr. Zola
1 x M-11 Jacques Dernier
2 x M-12 Steve Rogers(white, white + seam)
3 x M-13 Captain America (blue/Silver, blue/silver, white + seam)

And now for the sketches. This is the first time I've ever busted any Captain America, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but man was I happy by the end. Let me know what you think.

All nice sketches in their own right, but the following are my "wow" pulls:

Zane Donnellan

Zane Donnellan

Frank Kadar

Frank Kadar

I couldn't believe it when I pulled this one, I just sat there stunned...

Charles Hall!!!!!!!

And to make it even better, my first ever.....

Katie Cook!!!!!

And to make it that much sweeter.....

A second Katie Cook!!! I couldn't believe it, I had the pleasure of meeting her at the Calgary Comic Expo this last weekend and she was sooo sweet and fun. I went back to her booth 4 times with my wife because I wanted to get more commissions done. She even did ones of our cat and dog!!

Most of these are staying with me, the spare costume cards are on Ebay as are the patch sets.

Here are pics of the other hits:
I didn't even realize these could be pulled from Cap.
Avengers Volume 1 #4 Comic Panel /78

1/1 Printing Plates:

Howard Stark

Jacques Dernier

Steve Rogers

Captain America M-13

Peggy Carter

Red Skull

Zolamania, there are supposed to be 5 but I forgot to add the last one pulled

Neal McDonough Autographs

Posts: 10 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this stuff! Ordered 6 sealed cases and 3 looses boxes and I finished busting them all at 1:30 am this morning. It was ridiculously fun and I hit some AMAZING sketches and lots of great memorabilia hits. Here's a sample of my favorites:

I was able to build 2 complete Autograph sets(4)
, here's a pic of one:

Almost a complete set of costume cards with several variants, just missing the Uber rare M-10 and came out with several duplicates.

Ryan Kincaid

Jason Keith Philips x 2

Lawrence Reynolds

Creepy Sarah Wilkinson

SP Artist Joyce Chin /28

Roy Cover x 2

Newly identified as Roy Cover, thanks Roy!

Frank Kadar

Other totals: 6 printing plates, 2 comic cut panels, 8 autographs, 20 Insignia patch sets and a stack of other sketches, most of which I'm very happy with. It was the most fun I've ever had in this hobby, sport and non-sport.

Plates:

Sequential Comic Cut Panels:

Insignia Patch Sets:

And all the other sketches:

And now for the top 6

Opening a pack and seeing 4 sketches in it is AWESOME!

Lawrence Reynolds 4 piece puzzle

What's better than 1 4 piece puzzle?

Another one!!

Hanie Mohd 4 piece puzzle

And how about a 3 piece...first one I've seen pulled, a Hanie Mohd 3 piece puzzle, Mucha-esque style!

Next up, another Super Short Print Artist, I now own 3 of the 22 sketches she did....

Katie Cook!

Goes great with it's siblings:

Next up is a sketch that literally made me gasp:
Charles Hall. The picture does not do this thing justice.

Which now gives me this pair:

But there's still one sketch that I will probably never top...

I badly wanted to pull one by this artist but knew my odds were definitely not good...

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Let's find out.

Melike Acar, enough said.

Most of the sketches are staying in my pc, I have several duplicates and characters I don't wish to keep that I will be listing on Ebay along with the other hits. I already have prearranged buyers for some of my non-pc stuff.

Thanks for taking a look and I hope you enjoyed the show!

Posts: 10 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Hi Iron Cap,

Congrats on your pulls. Let me know if one of the Sequential Comic Cut Panels are available. My email is in my profile adn I am from Canada too.

Let me know either way.

Thanks,
Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Hi Iron Cap,

Congrats on your pulls. Let me know if one of the Sequential Comic Cut Panels are available. My email is in my profile and I am from Canada too.

Let me know either way.

Thanks,
Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Stephane,
Thanks for the comment, unfortunately though the Comic panels have already been moved.

Thanks,
Brian.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got three more boxes today:

Captain America Hobby Box #1

Captain America Hobby Box #2

Captain America Hobby Box #3

Three pretty good breaks- another auto pull and a costume pulls also. The only problem is that I have both of them all ready, so they are available as well if anyone is interested- I'd be interested in trading for any other CA costume or the Gregg Thor auto

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
My only box break

Namor By Todd Allen Smith

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Retail boxes seem cheap and plentiful so I picked one up!

60 singles (59 of a first base set and a duplicate of #1)
Insignia patch: I-2
Comic Covers: C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C10
Poster Series: P1(x2), P2, P4, P5, P6, P9, P10

As far as the insignia cards go, at 1:96 with 16 packs a box I’m happy with my pull! Big Grin Sure is a thick card though.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Retail boxes seem cheap and plentiful so I picked one up!

60 singles (59 of a first base set and a duplicate of #1)
Insignia patch: I-2
Comic Covers: C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C10
Poster Series: P1(x2), P2, P4, P5, P6, P9, P10

As far as the insignia cards go, at 1:96 with 16 packs a box I’m happy with my pull! Big Grin Sure is a thick card though.

I only need C7 to finish my set and if you are interested I can send you a bunch of Captain America base/cover/poster AND Thor Base/Concept/cover cards. drop me an e-mail at
Barobehere2@comcast.net

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post