Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Captain America (Upper Deck, 2011)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain America (Upper Deck, 2011)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Wait till my sketchcards start getting pulled. Oh and Lak Lim is right now artcasting live on Livestream if anyone wants to pop in and watch him actually draw. http://www.livestream.com/laklim

At the rate this product is being busted, we might have a very long wait. Wink

I hear ya. I've seen maybe 4 of my cards in total be it ebay or collectors gallery's. Oh well I hope whomever gets em enjoys em. They were fun to draw because the paper is excellent.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Bought two boxes today, and I'm happy with what I got:

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Run away now that you are WAAAAAAYYYYYY ahead.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago I won a contest on Upper Deck Entertainment's Facebook page. There were four prizes to choose from. I chose an unopened box of Captain America cards. I received them today - ON MY BIRTHDAY!! What a great gift. Thanks Upper Deck! Here's the breakdown of my box --

1 set of 99 base cards + 27 doubles
12 of 13 Comic Covers cards (missing #C-2) + 4 doubles
10 of 12 Poster cards (missing #'s P-6 and P-9) + 3 doubles
2 of 6 Insignia Patch cards (missing #'s I-1, I-3, I-4, I-6)
1 sketch card by Bill Pulkovski (this is really cool, he only made a total of 43 sketch cards for this set)

I didn't get any autographs, printing plates or costume cards. But, I'm really happy with what I got.

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Packrat
posted Hide Post
Got my box last week and got the Zola M7 memorabilia card and this lovely:

Not going to push my luck on another box, but I really want to get my hands on the rest of the memorabilia and autographs!

Jason

Posts: 25 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
After not finding any boxes in San Diego, I brought three boxes from Derek at the Baltimore Comic Con and got the expected nine hits, of which 5 were the patch cards, which was not unexpected, but I did get a sketch from each box, along with a costume that I needed, so it was a good box break, especially the Charles Hall, who by the way will be a guest artist in Allentown in October! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice Sketches Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Hits from boxes from the Philly show:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome job on the Tucci auto!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I picked up 4 boxes from Dave & Adams at $39.95ea and while there was nothing earth shattering, I was quite pleased.

Costumes M-6 (Red Skull) and M-7 (Zola)

A full set of patch cards

and these...

Kevin Gentilcore and Roy Cover

Jon Hughes and Hanie Mohd

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I opened a case yesterday and I'm just a tad disappointed - not one costume card in the whole box, not even an auto. I ended up with 29 hits, which means 7 of my boxes had only 2 hits in them. Twak

Sketches
Wolverine by Hamilton Cline, ? by Lawrence Reynolds
Wolverine by Billy Martin, Iron Man by Matt Minor
Red Skull by Cat Staggs

Namor(?) by Ryan Kincaid, Spitfire by ?, The Captain (?) by Michael Duron
Scrawny Steve Rogers(?) by Jason Keith Phillips & Printing Plate P-6 (Yellow)

Costumes
Big Fat 0 Shake Head

Autos
Bupkis

Printing Plates
P-6 - yellow

Insignia Patches
I-1 x4
I-2 x2
I-3 x3
I-4 x4
I-5 x3
I-6 x3

Inserts
Comic Covers - 13 complete sets, 13 extras
Posters Series - 13 complete sets, 12 extras

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can Someone tell me if the trading card box (16 packs 5 Cards per pack) not contain the sketch cards that the Hobby box (24 packs 7 cards per pack) does?

Posts: 2 | Location: ATL | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPThrasher:
Can Someone tell me if the trading card box (16 packs 5 Cards per pack) not contain the sketch cards that the Hobby box (24 packs 7 cards per pack) does?

The Hobby Box has two inserts per box "guaranteed" out of autograph, patch, costume, or sketch cards (as best of a guarantee that you can get from Upper Deck). Most commonly the boxes had a sketch and patch card, with sketch and costume cards as a rarer combination, followed by autographs and patches as the rarest combination. So most likely you would get a sketch in each box, which a small chance of getting an autograph instead of a sketch.

The retail boxes have odds of 1:36 packs for memorabilia cards (patch cards), and 1:2500 for autograph cards. Since sketches aren't mentioned, I would say that they probably aren't included in the retail boxes.

In short, if you want the sketches, get the hobby boxes.

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply Riddler_149. I bought a case of 20 of the retail boxes on ebay yesterday, so that will stinks. I really wanted the sketch cards as well.

Posts: 2 | Location: ATL | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Aren't there 3 hits per box? If you count the patch cards as 'hits'.

By the way, love that Spitfire sketch!

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Aren't there 3 hits per box? If you count the patch cards as 'hits'.

By the way, love that Spitfire sketch!

You could be right- I don't remember what my breakdown was.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I saw a hobby box of this on sale and decided to give it a go.

1 base set
15 Comic Covers, but short 1 for the set
14 poster cards, but short 2 for the set
I-3 patch card Red Skull
I-5 patch card Steve Rogers
Neil McDonough autograph

I was surprised & happy to pull an autograph given the odds. I really liked the patch cards.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think that's the toughest auto to get. Good pull!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
UD has impressed me today - I received my replacements for the missing inserts today (in less than a month!). Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post