Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Captain America (Upper Deck, 2011)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain America (Upper Deck, 2011)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I bought a Retail box of Captain America @ Targets
$1.99 = Pack 16 packs per box

Breakdown :
64 base cards out of 100
8 comic cover cards
8 poster cards

No Autographs or Insignia Patches in my box
stated odds are :
Autographs 1:2500 packs
Insignia Patch cards 1:96 packs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
My box breakdown from the one I got yesterday.

Base set of 99.
Poster Covers 1-12, and # 8, 10, 11 extra
Comic Covers 1-11, 13

No autographs
Insignia Patches: I1, I4
Duel Sketch By Walton
Cyan Printing Plate #58

One down side to the whole box, sixteen cards were cut way off center and I don't know if I have a complete set. I may have to contact UpperDeck about that and see what they have to say.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Alex,

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Not a bad box! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Any pics?

Eek

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My four boxes arrived today, and I am enjoying this break as I pulled something great! First up are these:

Then two of the three sketchs:

Last, the BIG pull:

For some of you who know me, Kate Bradley is my friend and I have only ever pulled one of her cards, so this was big. I sent this pic right off to Kate:

It was really cool to pull one of her cards, as she only did 18 in total. I also got all 6 patch cards, only thing I did not pull was an auto or cut comic card, but that's ok, I'm not complaining! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The joyus look on your face tells us you can hardly contain yourself Big Grin
Nice pulls on the patches Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Congrats Bob. That is really cool that you pulled one of Kate's card, especially with their being so few of them, like you said.

Graham~ That's about as joyous as Bob's look gets. Ha ha.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great Pull - We all love Kate as well Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, it was a fun box break! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
ordered 1 box because I just couldn't get myself to skip the set completely

2 patches, 1 costume card. 1 base set thankfully and I think 1 set of chase cards. And I'm done with UD products until the Avengers movie I believe unless boxes fall through the floor which is unlikely.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
ordered 1 box because I just couldn't get myself to skip the set completely

2 patches, 1 costume card. 1 base set thankfully and I think 1 set of chase cards. And I'm done with UD products until the Avengers movie I believe unless boxes fall through the floor which is unlikely.

I too tried one box against my better judgement, but got a decent sketch of, I guess Peggy Carter, along with the costume and patch cards. I will not be pushing my luck again.

But getting two patches in the same box is just poor because they are manufactured. If they were off the actual costumes they would have some value, but as a created chase set I don't think they should be treated as a premium hit, which is what UD did here.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Agree 100% Raven about the patches. Topps does similar patch cards for their retail baseball card box blasters and they're cool because they are all retro team logos. But these are... a poor excuse of a 'hit' in a box in my opinion.

Congrats on pulling a sketch! Hope it's a nice card!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
My usual string of luck - I got three patches - some real hits ...is this typical of UD? - Someone I know did get two patches and a sketch card - So I guess UD feels these manufactured patch cards are worth 15 to 20 each? - right....

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I also only opened one box. I got a Peggy Carter beige M-3 costume card, and two patch cards. My other box is safely stored away in a closet with all my other misc. unopened boxes.

My (put your deity of choice here)!, I wonder what I have in all those sealed boxes. Sometimes the temptation to rip them all apart is quite strong.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
DO IT!!!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes.

2 sets of comic covers cards
2 sets of poster cards

Patch cards I-1, I-2, I-4, I-5

1 memorabilia card M-11 Jacques Dernier

Sketch by Lak Lim

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Sketch by Lak Lim

That really puts all those scratchy damn repeated 'sketches' from other releases to shame. For shame!

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait till my sketchcards start getting pulled. Oh and Lak Lim is right now artcasting live on Livestream if anyone wants to pop in and watch him actually draw. http://www.livestream.com/laklim

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Wait till my sketchcards start getting pulled. Oh and Lak Lim is right now artcasting live on Livestream if anyone wants to pop in and watch him actually draw. http://www.livestream.com/laklim

At the rate this product is being busted, we might have a very long wait. Wink

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post