Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Maverick the movie (Cardz 1994)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maverick the movie (Cardz 1994)
 Login/Join

Picture of JoeyUK
posted
Just picked up a box of these for under a tenner, wasn't expecting anything exciting...and its a good job! this set is very bland and the chase cards are terrible.

Box of 36 packs
8 cards per pack

Found 2 full base sets and only missing a couple for a third and found 2 "TEkchrome cards"

These are the chase cards, granted they are "rare" found T1 & T2 in 36 packs....but the pictures are EXACTLY the same as 2 of the base cards!? and they aren't evn shiny/foil!? there just a bit thicker and say T1/T2 on the back!? i don't know how many there are but they are very dissapointing.

Never heard of the company either.

I'll give this set and its chase cards 2/10

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I agree on the tekchrome cards, they were not very good. They put them in "The Mask" packs as well as others, Julie Bell, etc.

I honestly really DID like the base cards, though. They were of "Stadium Club" quality. Very high quality pics and sharpness when compared to other products from that same period...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
Here's the checklist:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/allender/mavrik94.htm

Jeff's site is really good for finding more info on other checklists Metal
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/allender/jaall.htm

apparently you beat the odds with the Tekchrome cards, suppose to be 1 or 2 per box.

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post