Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Tudors: Seasons I, II, & III (Breygent 2011)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tudors: Seasons I, II, & III (Breygent 2011)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Very nice SBelcher Smile

I hate it when auctions don't include Australia, I wondered what you all were talking about, especially Graham not saying he could bid. I had to look on the ebay US site to see the completed auction, there's so much us Aussies miss out on when the seller restricts shipping destinations. Shake Head

It's often a good idea to contact the seller as a lot of the time they have just not listed the item properly.I have bought a number of cards from USA sellers whose listings say they will only ship domestically.

The only drawback is that most will only ship via insured electronically trackable methods which really puts up the cost of postage so it's only suitable for items over $50.
I did contact the seller, but due to bad experiences in the past selling internationally, we are all tarred with the same brush. Of course, all US citizens are honest Roll Eyes

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Well I am hoping to have graham's luck with my last box of Tudors Smile
This dog's never going away, is it? I didn't pick the boxes - it's Dee's fault!
Have you got your box from Barrie yet?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

No & NO Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hoping my case will be with me tomorrow.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Wow-eee what a box!

Chase:
HL-2
L2, L6, L8
HWR6, HWR 7, HWR9
LK1, LK5

Costume ACBD 183/200 Big Grin
Auto: Alan Van Sprang (not a want)

Annnnnd......

Sketch card!!!!!!!!!!! Anne of Cleeves by Jason Potratz & Jack Hiai!!!!!!!! Clap

I stared at it in disbelief until it sunk in quite what it was. Can't believe my luck. I thought for sure if I pulled one I would pass it on to aquire more cards of the set but I love it. The Queens are a fave part of my fave show lol. So going to see how things go with getting other costume and auto cards.

Will post a scan soon. But it can be seen here http://www.breygent.com/tudors.htm

4th card in top row Big Grin

Along with my box I also got not one but 3 of the UK exclusive promo. Happy days!

Thinking of treating myself to a binder as well, such lovely cards deserve one!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WarriorBabe,

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic Warrior Babe Eek Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
Thinking of treating myself to a binder as well, such lovely cards deserve one!

It's a very nice Binder just got mine today, I love it.
It also includes two promos that are exclusive with the Binder as well, just another reason to have one Wink

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Scan:

I saw a pair of binder promo's on eBay, they were lovely and went for just over the cost of a binder. Shipping is very reasonable from Breygent Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
congrats WarriorBabe, especially with only 1 box!! Thumb Up

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I think this counts as best box pull, beats Charmed Destiny dual costume from 2 boxes hands down.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks! I think this counts as best box pull, beats Charmed Destiny dual costume from 2 boxes hands down.

Definitely Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the superb sketch WarriorBabe Thumb Up .

My case arrived about a hour ago Elephant but I have to wait for my brother to come home from work before opening any as we split the cost Frown .

Looking at the breaks so far I am having mixed feelings about buying a sealed case.It was about 25% cheaper than buying 15 loose boxes but so far individual box buyers seem to be finding all the sketches.Hope I can buck the trend Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pull WarriorBabe.

P&H are one of my favourite artists. When they get it right, the cards are superb, often with a lovely oil paint finish. I have quite a few of their Indy Heritage cards.

Would be great to assemble all 6 of the wives. I have this official Tudors sketch card of Jane Seymour, which means 2 of the wives are out there!

rich

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scan:

I saw a pair of binder promo's on eBay, they were lovely and went for just over the cost of a binder. Shipping is very reasonable from Breygent Smile

Still waiting for my box but looks like you got the "hot box" from one case Smile CONGRATS Clap PS The binder is nice. Also nice that the sketch and costume are same character

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Got my box from Barrie today - thanks Thumb Up

I got the autograph of Maria Doyle Kennedy as Katherine of Aragon and prop card TWP.
Also included in the package was the UK promo Clap
Well done to all at Breygent Smokin'

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got my box from Barrie today - thanks Thumb Up

I got the autograph of Maria Doyle Kennedy as Katherine of Aragon and prop card TWP.
Also included in the package was the UK promo Clap
Well done to all at Breygent Smokin'

Another Good Auto - Whilst I am still waiting for my box Shake Head

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The curse of the case buyer strikes again Frown .

15 boxes opened and no sketch card.

Everything else broke as expected with a full set of autos and 4 duplicates,10 costumes and 5 props.

It's a lovely set with great variety in the costumes and props.Well done Breygent Thumb Up.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Am sorry to hear that, but they are inserted in every 2-3 cases which makes it that bit harder. I just got lucky from a fluke.

I still wish this wasn't such a limited release though, not had any luck getting more auto/costume cards Frown Prices are just going too high for this small collector.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
At least you have your cards - I am still waiting Mad

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still wish this wasn't such a limited release though, not had any luck getting more auto/costume cards Frown Prices are just going too high for this small collector.
I suspect you will be able to complete your set in a few months time when prices fall on this set. In the meantime, it's a free listing weekend on eBay UK, so there seem to be quite a few Tudors costume and prop cards appearing at £4.99 starting prices which doesn't sound too bad.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post