Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Tudors: Seasons I, II, & III (Breygent 2011)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tudors: Seasons I, II, & III (Breygent 2011)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I had one box lelf that I saved for my cousin Terry, but he's so slow dropping by that I decided to open it. It was burning in my hands and some mysterious glow aura surrounded it; I'll just get him another later...

Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII auto Smile
Anne Boleyn costume ABWG Big Grin
and a sketch by Jason Potratz/Jack Hai Eek

what a cousin box!!

Duke of Buckingham

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I HATE you Big Grin

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I HATE you Big Grin

that's how you do it with 1 box Cool

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ordered one box last week on Breygents website incl. the binder:
The small box is really cute, and I'm very pleased and positively surprised by this kind of format for releasing new sets! Well done Breygent!!!
contents: 1 set of base cards and inserts: HL-1, LK-4,6 , L1,2,3, HWR1,2,4 auto: TA-JM and prop: 062 of 200: TKS

Posts: 24 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yuzzem23:
The small box is really cute, and I'm very pleased and positively surprised by this kind of format for releasing new sets! Well done Breygent!!!
contents: 1 set of base cards and inserts: HL-1, LK-4,6 , L1,2,3, HWR1,2,4 auto: TA-JM and prop: 062 of 200: TKS

Congrats on the TA-JM auto Clap

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:
Originally posted by yuzzem23:

Congrats on the TA-JM auto Clap

tenx mate; really happy with it..... was a very very lucky pull :-)

Posts: 24 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Decided to get two more cases of these.

First Case:

Autos
Tamzin Merchant x2
Alan Van Sprang x1
Maria Doyle Kennedy x2
Jamie Thomas King x2
James Frain x1
Sarah Bolger x1
Henry Czerny x1
Joanne King x2
Natalie Dormer x1
Gabrielle Anwar x1
Jonathan Rhys Meyers x1

Props
TQ (Quills) 187/200
TKS (Scribbles) 020/200
TKM (Mirror) 061/100
TWP (Wounds Posters) 126/200

Costumes
ACBD (Anne of Cleves) 014/200
ABWG (Anne) 116/200
KHGL (Henry) 018/200 (ding on bottom left corner)
ABBD (Anne) 065/200 (ding on bottom left corner)
KHNC (Henry) 110/200
ABGD (Anne) 018/200
HJD (Henry & Jane) 013/200
JSGD (Jane) 022/200
ACGD (Anne of Cleves) 014/200
KHST (Henry) 059/200
KHCS (Henry) 154/200

And this:

Eek Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Second Case:

Autos
Sarah Bolger x1
James Frain x1
Henry Czerny x1
Jonathan Rhys Meyers x1
Maria Doyle Kennedy x2
Natalie Dormer x1
Gabrielle Anwar x1
Jamie Thomas King x2
Joanne King x2
Alan Van Sprang x1
Tamzin Merchant x2

Props
TWP (Wounds Poster) 127/200
TMP (Painting) 68/200
TQ (Quills) 188/200
TAT (Target) 102/200
TKM (Mirror) 54/100 (leather variant)

Costumes
KHGL (Henry) 19/200
KHBC (Henry) 179/200
MTBD (Mary) 20/200
ACGD (Anne of Cleves) 15/200
ABBD (Anne) 66/200
ABWG (Anne) 111/200
JSPD (Jane) 168/200
ABGD (Anne) 19/200
ACBD (Anne of Cleves) 15/200
HJD (Henry & Jane) 12/200

Smile
Very solid breaks

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
And this:

Nice to see that you finally managed to break the case-breakers duck on finding sketch cards in this set. It's a really nice card too. I don't think there were too many Hall/Desbois jams created.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! MissLizzy, I would kill for that card... beautiful!!!

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
WOW!!! MissLizzy, I would kill for that card... beautiful!!!

Eek

Should I be sleeping with a baseball bat next to the bed??

Big Grin Razz

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
And this:

Nice to see that you finally managed to break the case-breakers duck on finding sketch cards in this set. It's a really nice card too. I don't think there were too many Hall/Desbois jams created.

David told me they only did 4 together.

posted Hide Post
LOL! Luckily for both of us I'm not a baseball fan Smile

Drawing up plans to rob a bank instead now, though. I'm in love with the card, it MUST be mine!

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Broke the cheap case I got from the USA.No sketch again Frown .

Full set of autos plus dups of Frain,Dormer,Kennedy,and King.

11 costumes and 4 props.

This case must have been a later packed one as several of the autos are noticeably rushed or the result of a tired hand.This especially applies to the Anwar( see the general discussion section for what it looks like.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Got two boxes at a good price.

Box 1
JSGD
James Frain Auto
L-1, L-2, & L-3
HL-2
LK-2 & LK-4
HWR-6, HWR-7 and HWR-9
1 base set

Box 2
Jonathan Rhys Meyers auto Clap
KHBC costume
L-1, L-2 & L-3
HL-2
LK-1 & LK-5
HWR-3, HWR-5 & HWR-8
1 base set

That was money well spent.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
Though I usually only buy single auto/costume cards, I bought my very first sealed box on Tuesday because I couldn't resist the cheap price. I got The Tudors box for only € 14.78 ($19.59) and I'm looking forward to my first box break in the hope to be graced with a Gabrielle Anwar auto card whom I love in USA Network's show "Burn Notice".

Just a quick question regarding the box: are the cards packed in individual wrappers? I'd really love that! Would be quite a bummer if the cards come already sorted in just the box.

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by estephano:
Though I usually only buy single auto/costume cards, I bought my very first sealed box on Tuesday because I couldn't resist the cheap price. I got The Tudors box for only € 14.78 ($19.59) and I'm looking forward to my first box break in the hope to be graced with a Gabrielle Anwar auto card whom I love in USA Network's show "Burn Notice".

Just a quick question regarding the box: are the cards packed in individual wrappers? I'd really love that! Would be quite a bummer if the cards come already sorted in just the box.

already sorted, u have the set, 1 auto, 1 costume and a sketch if you are really lucky

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
They come sorted in the box with chase cards seperate

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
Mhh, what a bummer, too bad! I was really looking forward to the "open-each-pack-and-sorting-experience". Frown

Anyway, thanks for your very fast reply to my question. Thumb Up

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by estephano:

Alright then... the box arrived today and when I realised its small size I was somewhat disappointed. Like I've already mentioned in a previous post I love to unwrap cards, but this wasn't going to happen in this case.

Anyway, since this is my first box break ever I was really excited to see if I would pull the Gabrielle Anwar auto card that I wanted so badly. Well, I wasn't lucky... no Gabrielle Anwar auto card for me.
BUT... I hit the jackpot and pulled the Jonathan Rhys Meyers auto card AND the dual costume card of Henry & jane (HJB)! Clap

This really made up for not being graced with a Gabrielle Anwar auto considering that I only paid € 14.78 ($19.59) for the box. Thumb Up

Autograph card:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers (TA-JM) Clap

Costume Card:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers & Annabelle Wallis (HJD, #24/200) Clap

Chase Cards:
L-1, L-2, L-3
HWR3, HWR5, HWR8
LK-1, LK-5
HL-2