Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Tudors: Seasons I, II, & III (Breygent 2011)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tudors: Seasons I, II, & III (Breygent 2011)
 Login/Join

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Oh man Bacall, I was totally distracted by the clapping hands next to "Desbois" and "Anne Boleyn" I didn't even read the rest of your break Razz
Pulling the "big two" AND a sketch in three boxes is fantastic!
I believe David named that sketch "Only Hope". Get that beauty in a frame! Big Grin

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
I finally got my Tudors cards in this morning and it was definitely worth the wait. I ordered a master set and got 3 extra boxes just for a slight chance at a sketch. I think I did pretty well. In my 3 boxes I pulled autographs of Gabrielle Anwar, Jonathan Rhys Meyers & Maria Doyle Kennedy, costume cards ABBD of Natalie Dormer, KHST of Rhys Meyers & ABWG of Natalie Dormer, Locations cards L4 X 2, L5 X 2, L6, L7, L8, L9 X 2, Leisurely King cards LK1 X 2, LK2, LK3, LK5 X 2, Henry's Legacy cards HL2 X 2, HL3, Heads Will Roll cards HWR2, HWR3, HWR5 X 2, HWR6, HWR7, HWR8 X 2 & HWR9. I also pulled a sketch of Anne Boleyn by David Desbois. Clap Smile This was just icing on the cake. It is a sketch of her on the day of her execution with the white bonnet on. Beautiful sketch and I can't believe I pulled one in just 3 boxes. Time to buy a lottery ticket.

Clap Elephant Clap
Congrats!!!!

Can we see a scan of your awesome sketch please?? Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to, but I'm not sure how to post images. It does look a little different than the one David has on his deviant art page. If anyone knows I will attempt to post a scan.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would be happy to, but I'm not sure how to post images. It does look a little different than the one David has on his deviant art page. If anyone knows I will attempt to post a scan.

Do you have a photobucket or imageshack account?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

Check out this thread here, I explained how to upload pictures in a post for Cheifbrody HERE

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
quote:

Do you have a photobucket or imageshack account?

I don't. What is required to sign up?

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Not much just a password, username and a relevant email address if I remember correctly, here's a link http://photobucket.com/
And it's free by the way Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Only Hope" Tudors sketch card of Anne Boleyn by David Desbois

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Bacall Thumb Up

Good to see someone has pulled a sketch, apart from the one for sale on ebay that is.

Interesting how different the background is to the one on David's DevianArt site

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
thanks guys and congrats to Bacall! Thumb Up
hope we'll see more of them in near future
that one is a variant of 'Only Hope', I redid a few to complete at 50 as I had about 44-45 total with different images.
'ONLY HOPE':

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You did 50 of these works of art Eek .I am no artist but that must have taken an awful lot of work.

Based on the ratio of one sketch in every three cases I had guessed there were no more than 100 in total so the other artists must have done much smaller numbers

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Every 2-3 cases
A lot of rejects
Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
You did 50 of these works of art Eek .I am no artist but that must have taken an awful lot of work.

yeah, a lot of work
the most I did for any set
but it's a lot of work to find them too it seems!
49 to go!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Every time I come back to this thread, I'm more tempted to buy another case. Autos & costumes are selling pretty well... decisions, decisions Razz

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
Every time I come back to this thread, I'm more tempted to buy another case. Autos & costumes are selling pretty well... decisions, decisions Razz

will all those opened, your odds might just be better for a sketch Big Grin

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/TUDORS-SKE...&hash=item5ae0bfe638
Guessing someone picked this one up fast. Not sure if "This listing has ended" means sold or cancelled. Pretty nice deal for $100.
And shame on you Mr. Desbois for giving me another reason to buy more Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TUDORS-SKE...&hash=item5ae0bfe638
Guessing someone picked this one up fast. Not sure if "This listing has ended" means sold or cancelled. Pretty nice deal for $100.
And shame on you Mr. Desbois for giving me another reason to buy more Wink

it's 'sold' as you can see just left of the amount of 99.99$ on auction page
keep an eye on julio Eek

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Another one found!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tudors-1-2...&hash=item23111b8a0e