Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Game of Thrones Valyrian Steel (Rittenhouse Archives, 2017)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Valyrian Steel (Rittenhouse Archives, 2017)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Broke one box, will be keeping my other one for the holidays.

Box #3549

Metal Cards: 1, 26, 30, 64, 86, 90 (Gold) & 93

3-D Lenticular: L4 Born From the Ashes

Laser Cut: L2 Daenerys

Autos: Conleth Hill, Gold, EL
Kristian Nairn, V, VL
Iain Glen. V, L

Pretty happy with what I got. No really big hit card, but Glen is a favorite of mine, Hill signed well for a Gold ink and Nairn only has two other autos in Season One. Both the lenticular and laser cards feature Clarke, wish the lenticular had motion, but it doesn't.

The metal cards are a bit to shiny lite for my liking and it leaves the colors kind of washed out.

Overall grade B+, but that's because all 3 autos were solid for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened box 4477 of 8000.

Pack 1:
Metal cards 11 & 91
Gold metal card 39 numbered 089/100
Jacob Anderson as Grey Worm Valyrian autograph (L)

Pack 2:
Metal cards 9 & 46
Laser Cut L8 Lord Varys
Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell Gold autograph (VL)

Pack 3:
Metal cards 55 & 77
3-D Lenticular card L15
Richard Brake as Night King Valyrian autograph (L)

I opened another pack from another box, and it contained this:
Metal cards 14 & 37
Laser cut card L3 Ser Jaime Lannister
Jason Momoa autograph & relic card with dark brown Dothraki leather

I am surprised that the 3-D lenticular card does not have any movement of the image.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Here's what was in Box 2196 of 8000:

6 Base metal cards 2,15,39,72,83,95
Gold Base Parallel #2, 40/100
Lenticular L12
Laser Cut L12, Bronn

3 autographs:
Dual Auto, Hannah Murray and John Bradley (VL) (Gilly and Samwell)
Gold Auto Alfie Allen as Theon (VL)
Valyrian Auto Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister (L)

Thoughts: The metal base are cool, but they will be impossible for most collectors to get a full set. Also, some have complained about the metal cards looking washed out. I got a gold and regular card of #2, the gold card looks a little better, since it has a warmer hue to flesh tones.
The Dual autos are a variation of the standard Full Bleed autos and look very nice. Would like to see more in future sets. The Valyrian Autos are really classy and should be continued in some future sets.
The Laser cut cards also look nice, but the 3D Lenticular cards are a hit. These should become a regular insert in future sets, or a set all by themselves.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Here's what was in Box 2196 of 8000:

6 Base metal cards 2,15,39,72,83,95
Gold Base Parallel #2, 40/100
Lenticular L12
Laser Cut L12, Bronn

3 autographs:
Dual Auto, Hannah Murray and John Bradley (VL) (Gilly and Samwell)
Gold Auto Alfie Allen as Theon (VL)
Valyrian Auto Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister (L)

Thoughts: The metal base are cool, but they will be impossible for most collectors to get a full set. Also, some have complained about the metal cards looking washed out. I got a gold and regular card of #2, the gold card looks a little better, since it has a warmer hue to flesh tones.
The Dual autos are a variation of the standard Full Bleed autos and look very nice. Would like to see more in future sets. The Valyrian Autos are really classy and should be continued in some future sets.
The Laser cut cards also look nice, but the 3D Lenticular cards are a hit. These should become a regular insert in future sets, or a set all by themselves.

Hey Don,

That sounds like a pretty good box! I'd be happy with all of those autos. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Yes Debi, I was hoping for a really rare one, Lena Heady or Peter Dinkledge, but really wanted autos from people I didn't have. In this case I only had Alfie Allen.
I was very happy with John Bradley, I think he has a much larger role to play in future episodes.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Yes Debi, I was hoping for a really rare one, Lena Heady or Peter Dinkledge, but really wanted autos from people I didn't have. In this case I only had Alfie Allen.
I was very happy with John Bradley, I think he has a much larger role to play in future episodes.

Nice to get a double auto - nice auto's overall. I like the chase sets too

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Hey Don, congrats on the double auto. That's a nice pull.

I opened another pack today.

Metal cards 5 & 74
Gold metal card 99 numbered 007/100
Art Parkinson as Rickon Stark gold autograph (VL)

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
Hey Don, congrats on the double auto. That's a nice pull.

I opened another pack today.

Metal cards 5 & 74
Gold metal card 99 numbered 007/100
Art Parkinson as Rickon Stark gold autograph (VL)

Good Auto

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
One more pack:
Metal cards 43 & 61
3-D Lenticular card L3
Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister Valyrian autograph (L)

The signature on the autograph card is in gold ink even though it's the Valyrian format.

I have been pleased with the autograph cards I pulled from the two boxes that I opened.

posted Hide Post
1st box (the Gilly box haha):

Sibel Kekilli as Shae
Hannah Murray as Gilly
Hannah Murray and John Bradley as Gilly and Samwell Tarly

2nd box:

Carice Van Houten as Melisandre
Owen Teale as Ser Alliser Thorne
Rose Leslie and Kit Harrington as Ygritte and Jon Snow Big Grin

Posts: 31 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Two boxes and two dual autograph cards. Outstanding. Thumb Up

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lilytoby:
Rose Leslie and Kit Harrington as Ygritte and Jon Snow Big Grin

That's paid for both boxes on it's own - Superb!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone is pulling autographs so far. That's a good sign. I was thinking that pins and coins might be too numerous. Haven't checked out breaks elsewhere.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Gilly box! I love it.

Nice pull on the two dual autos!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Christmas box #4168:

Metal cards: 16 Gold, 29, 35, 41, 50, 62 and 100.

Laser Cut: L10 Gwendoline Christie.

3-D Lenticular: L13 Drogon's Warning

Relic: H10 Faceless Man Coin

Autos: Charles Dance, Gold, VL
Michael McElhatton, V, EL

Faceless Man Coin is very thick and the coin itself is just brown and tan without any definition on the face. Guess that's why it's Faceless. Big Grin Anyway at least its limited.

Not bad, but probably my last box on this one.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
You never know what you might find when you go into some shops. I went into a store yesterday while traveling home from a vacation in PEI. I hadn't been in that store before, and there were some non-sport cards as well as sports cards, Funko pops, Lego figures, records, video games, etc. Box 4488 was in a display case. I couldn't resist it.

6 base cards
1 gold parallel base card #29 numbered 053/100
Laser cut L4 Jon Snow
Lenticular L14 Arya Practices Water Dancing
Valyrian Steel auto Richard Brake as Night King
Valyrian Steel auto Daniel Portman as Podrick Payne
Gold auto Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
You never know what you might find when you go into some shops. I went into a store yesterday while traveling home from a vacation in PEI. I hadn't been in that store before, and there were some non-sport cards as well as sports cards, Funko pops, Lego figures, records, video games, etc. Box 4488 was in a display case. I couldn't resist it.

6 base cards
1 gold parallel base card #29 numbered 053/100
Laser cut L4 Jon Snow
Lenticular L14 Arya Practices Water Dancing
Valyrian Steel auto Richard Brake as Night King
Valyrian Steel auto Daniel Portman as Podrick Payne
Gold auto Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark Smile

Nice Find Thumb Up