Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Christopher Columbus Quincentennial Collection (Tower Card Company, 1993)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christopher Columbus Quincentennial Collection (Tower Card Company, 1993)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Christopher Columbus Quincentennial Collection (1993) Tower Card Company, Inc.

This was a factory set numbered out of 24 sets per box in a run of 1992 boxes (so a "box" is a case for this set). The cards show various Columbus-related stamps over the years so it is a set geared toward stamp collectors as well as card collectors. They have a space on the back to affix the actual stamp depicted on the front. In the set I bought:

32 base cards (card #1 is a title card on the front and a checklist on the back)
1 unnumbered card (information card which defines stamp classifications)
1 thin-stock mail-in certificate for a special gold foil card otherwise available in 1 per 12 factory sets (I didn't get one of those)
1 fold-out piece of glossy paper that promotes the company

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
But did you get all the Columbus stamps to put on the cards, that would be the hard part. Big Grin

Actually that's a pretty cool idea for a card set. Make cards with pictures of old cards, that have slots for where you can slip in the original cards, that you have to find. Mind blowing huh? Cards for cards. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Raven,

I didn't notice your reply back then and wonder what Harris felt he had to edit (maybe a confusing typo?). I try to save my rough language for the TV when the news is on.

You don't get any stamps with the set. I was curious about what you get with the set and thought it was possible that prototypes for this set or others by the company were inserted. I pick up history and science sets here and there anyway.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
But did you get all the Columbus stamps to put on the cards, that would be the hard part. Big Grin

Actually that's a pretty cool idea for a card set. Make cards with pictures of old cards, that have slots for where you can slip in the original cards, that you have to find. Mind blowing huh? Cards for cards. Big Grin

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post