Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    America At War Band of Brothers Series 1 (iCardz)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America At War Band of Brothers Series 1 (iCardz)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
It was a long wait - but these finally arrived. Very nice cards.

I got:
1 full set America at War D-Day 143 cards
1 Full set Band of Brothers 49 cards

4 AD cards
AD1 is a promo for The Pacific War Series
AD2 is a salute to veterans
AD3 is a promo for the Binder
AD4 is about Valor Studios

2 Instant Win cards (I checked, neither one was a winner)

1 autograph SP6 Donald Malarky

I also recieved a second autograph as my incentive card SP2 William "Wild Bill" Guarnere

Both signers jumped on D-Day, and also fought in Holland and Bastogne. At Bastogne, Wild Bill lost a leg saving the life of another soldier.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Signatures by REAL HEROS. I have to get me a box of these.

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am eagerly waiting for my box to arrive, like Don I have opted for an additional autograph.

Posts: 2120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My box and Album arrived today (posted by Icardz on 25th January) once I had paid the £18.26 charge (£10.26 VAT and £8 handling charge).

The box contained 24 paper envelopes complete with 8 cards in each although two had 9 as they had an Instant Win card in each (non winners). I also had an additional envelope unsealed which contained the additional autograph card I requested.

The breakdown was no different to Don's except my autograps were from

SP2 William Guarnere who parachuted into St Mere-Eglise on d-Day and later lost a leg during the Battle of the Bulge

SP4 Edward Heffron who participated in Operation Market Garden and the Battle of the Bulge.

Each Veteran has a card amongst the Band of Brothers set of cards with a different number on the front and different text of the back.

There was also an unnumbered card with the additional autograph card entitled Veterans Tribute Autograph Cards on the front and mentions on the back that 3000 autographed cards have been inserted at random into the America at War:WWII packages.

The America at War set of 143 cards includes 2 checklist cards and the Band of Brothers set of 49 cards contains 1 checklist card.

The album contained 22 ultra pro 9 pocket pages.

Posts: 2120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Glad to see tha someone else got a hold of some of these.
You may already know this John, that Guarnere and Heffron are best of friends and have co-authored a book together.
I wonder why iCardz went through all the trouble of putting the cards in the paper wrappers, this set is a boxed set - there are no extra cards and the only variables are the autographs/sketches.
Hope you enjoy these John, the cards are nicely done, and text is well written.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
can anyone scan the autograph cards (please)

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for my boxes and binder to arrive. Hope they do soon.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
deleted by Nicnac

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Well, today, June 6, is a very appropriate day to talk about these cards, isn't it?

I have looked on eBay occasionally and never saw any of these autos for sale. I think since these cards are so expensive, only collectors are buying boxes, and they are keeping them. There are no extra cards. Dealers are passing on them. You only get one big hit per box, and one set. I think iCardz should reexamine their marketing techniques for future sets. I was kind of disapointed with the long wait for these cards too.

As far as the autographs are concerned, I got my Malarkey auto from a pack when these first came out. I got my box under the free auto deal, and got Guarrere, I don't think there are special autos available only through this offer. I was under the impression at one time that Shifty Powers was to be one of the signers but he passed away last year, I wonder if his unsigned autograph card was ever made.

This is a magnificent set, but there is hardly a chance for collectors hoping to build a master set. At least i think there are only the 4 promos you listed, and they are relatively easy to find.
I did not purchase a binder, so I can't say what kind of extras are in it.

posted Hide Post
deleted by Nicnac

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

im collecting these from way down in australia,

i have managed thus far to purchase 4 boxes and get 7 signatures and 1 sketch card,

problem is ive double up on 2 signatures compton and wild bill,

also have managed to get all 5 promos which is cool,
question i have is does anyone here have any signatures they wish to swap ? or can some one point me in the right direction as to where to buy the signatures from other then ebay,

regards

Andrew

Posts: 20 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: July 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
deleted by Nicnac