Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Xena: Warrior Princess, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xena: Warrior Princess, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted
The Quotable Xena: Warrior Princess
Overview : Box inserted cards

[40 packs - 6 cards per pack (5 EtchaFex & 1 MirrorBoard Parallel)]

(EtchaFex) Base Set (1-135)
135 (MirrorBoard) Parallel Set (Numbered with QX suffix : 1QX-135QX ) – [1:1 packs]
3 (EtchaFex) Checklist* (C1-C3)
[* Identical to Mirrorboard Parallel Set, except for numbering on card's reverse. No Etched surface.]
3 (MirrorBoard) Checklist Parallel Set (C1QX- C3QX)

9 Words from the Bard (B1 – B9) - [1:4 packs]
9 Eternal Friends (E1 - E9) – [1:10 packs]
6 Xena in Motion (M1 – M6) – [1:40 packs]
6 Forged in the Heat of Battle (F1 – F6) – [1:40 packs]
22 Autograph Cards (Single : A35-A51; Dual** : DA3 – DA6, DA8) – [1:20 packs]
--> ** LIMITED (300-500) : A48 & all the Dual Autograph Cards
--> Regular (500 and more)
6 Autographed Costume Cards (AC4 – AC9) – [1:200 packs]
===============================================================

BOX 1
---------

Basic Set missing #’s : 31, 34. 56, 86, 87, 95, 112
10 Words from the Bard (1 set of 9: B1 – B9 & an extra B9)
4 Eternal Friends (E1, E4, E5, E7)
1 Xena in Motion (M6)
1 Forged in the Heat of Battle (F3)
2 Autograph Cards
--> [Single: A38 Bruce Campbell (Autolycus) Big Grin; A48 Colin Moy (Phantes)]
0 Autographed Costume Cards

BOX 2
---------

Basic Set missing #’s : 3, 28, 72, 85, 131
10 Words from the Bard (1 set of 9: B1 – B9 & an extra B8)
4 Eternal Friends (E1, E3, E7, E8)
2 Big Grin Xena in Motion (M2, M6)
1 Forged in the Heat of Battle (F5)
2 Autograph Cards
--> [Single: A47 Charles Mesure (ArchAngel Michael)]
--> [DUAL]: DA4 Karl Urban (Cupid) & Alexandra Tydings (Aphrodite)] Big Grin
0 Autographed Costume Cards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The basic set was even nicer than the promo cards. The multi-etched surface was visually and texturally pleasing. [Will be contacting Rittenhouse Archives (per their guarantee) regarding the missing basic cards from each box to complete the basic set.]

The “Words from the Bard” insert subset with gold foil contrasts nicely on the leather colored border. The card surface was the same type used for the autograph cards for “The Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs & Science Fiction” set, that released a few months ago.

The “Eternal Friends” subset has images of the show’s leading ladies framed within a foil image of Xena’s chakram.

The “Xena in Motion” lenticular cards are cool, each card displaying a portion of the show’s opening credits.

The “Forged in Battle” cards look nice with the die-cut & prismatic foil used.

This Xena card set is really cool with various subsets (parallel and inserts) that also are nicely designed. Complements nicely with the previous Xena card set: “Xena: Beauty & Brawn”.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

[This message was edited by xSaBx on November 12, 2003 at 11:17 AM.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Minime, welcome back! You were missed!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
MiniMe, is it really you! This is wonderful. I hope your back to stay. I have missed your input and insight. Thanks for posting again.

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi Minime,

Glad to see you're back, and with a Xena breakdown Big Grin.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Hi MiniMe! Wave

Welcome back, and nice job on the pulls. Thumb Up

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
...and I'm sure I recognise that Avatar from somewhere ... Big Grin

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DaveH
posted Hide Post
MiniMe,

Welcome back, you have been missed.

Dave.

Posts: 371 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: November 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Sweet pull on that double auto. I'm seriously jonesing for my 3 boxes to arrive (i sure hope it's this week, waiting until after the weekend would be torture Roll Eyes). I can't wait to start tearing through the packs. Big Grin

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Happy happy happy!

Minime is back & the breakdowns on this are starting Smile Smile Smile

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you back Minime Elephant
Hope you stay around. Wave

Aahhh, Beer! – The cause of, and solution to all our problems.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
MiniMe, welcome back - you HAVE been missed!
As ever, an excellent breakdown. I'll have to see if I can pull a couple of packs from somewhere - my local store may not get them in...
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.paulbines.co.uk

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I just finished opening my 3 boxes and I must say I'm pleased with the breakdowns.

Box 1- #00242

Parallel cards- 40
Words from the bard- 1 set of 9 with extra B2
Eternal Friends- E1, E2, E3, E8
Xena in motion- M1
Forged in the heat of Battle- F3
Autograph cards (2)- A40 (Tony Todd as Cecrops), DA6 (Daniel Sing as Ming T'ien and Marie Matiko as Pao S'su)
Autographed Costume cards- none

Box 2- #02296

Parallel cards- 40
Words from the bard- 1 set of 9 with extra B6
Eternal Friends- E4, E5, E7, E9
Xena in motion- M4
Forged in the heat of Battle- F5
Autograph cards (2)- A38 (Bruce Campbell as Autolycus), A47 (Charles Mesure as Archangel Michael)
Autographed Costume cards- none

Box 3- #01259

Parallel cards- 40
Words from the bard- 1 set of 9 with extra B3
Eternal Friends- E1, E4, E5, E7
Xena in motion- M2
Forged in the heat of Battle- F4
Autograph cards (1)- DA3 (Meighan Desmond as Sturginan and Alexandra Tydings as Crabella)
Autographed Costume cards- AC4 (Lucy Lawless as Xena in "Soul Possession)

As I said I'm more than pleased with the breakdown although I kept expecting 1 more autograph card from box 3 right up until the last pack although I guess technically I did get 2 autographs with the AC4.

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Great breakdowns everyone! HI MiniMe, good to see your back, you were missed !!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ManInTheIronLung
posted Hide Post
Welcome back MiniMe! Wavey

Want some fried chicken? Drool

"You are here!"

Posts: 272 | Location: North Pole | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back. Luv You Wow. They really weren't kidding when they told me at the Philly Show that my presence was missed. Wave

- It was good to see you, Lana, and Headless Horseman at Philly. Sorry we didn't have a chance to chat. Perhaps at Dee's show? Wink

- It is another version of me. The length of stay at CT depends on what happens after this return. Smile

- Dear lady. It is good to hear from you again as well. Smile I hope that it isn't far between our chats again.

- After helping Jessica at the Philly Show pick the magical box of Xena: Beauty & Brawn, and then the packs the chase cards would be in, it was nice to see how I fared with my box of The Quotable Xena.

- Congratulations on your promotion. My loss is your gain. Smile Remember, as a wise man once said, "With great power comes great responsibilty." Wink

- Thank you. I've missed many of you "across the pond" as well. Wave

- I had a "feeling" that one of my boxes would have the Bruce Campbell card, which is the single signer autograph card that I wanted. And I had a feeling a dual autograph or autographed costume card would also make it's appearance (preferably a dual autograph card), which it did. Now, that DA4 can can accompany the dual autograph card (DA1) of Lucy Lawless(Xena)/Reneé O'Connor(Gabrielle) & (DA2) Hudson Leick (Callisto)/Reneé O'Connor (Hope) that I pulled from my two boxes of Xena: Beauty & Brawn at the end of last year Big Grin

You did pretty well yourself, with a dual autographed card AND an Autographed Costume card from the same box. Big Grin

- Ah, how I've missed your bubbly effervescence reflected in your posts. Clap

- Good to see your presence as well. Soon you'll be a Bronze member. Wink

- You're correct about the timing. Notice the date/time of the post. However, the Matrix didn't send me.

Cool Neo did. Cool

- Greetings old friend. It's good to know that my previous presence made such an impact. Let's see what we can do as CT Elders. Wink

- Missed both of you two also. Glad to see both of you back on CT also. And I'm gald you brought Trinity back. And yes I am in the mood for some fried chicken. Big Grin

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of COSMIC GIRL
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to the board Minime Wavey - it has not been the same without you Bouncey Wave Bouncey

Posts: 346 | Location: KENT UK | Registered: September 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
No time for a real breakdown right now but the autos and costumes I got from my 3 boxes were

Phantes
Varia
Autucolyes Smile
Lucy Lawless and Ted Raimi SmileSmile Smile Smile
Aphrodite Autographed Costume Card Smile Smile woohoo

seemed to do alright on other inserts all though I did get 2 M1's and 1 M5. Will have to trade the extra.

Will add a real breakdown tomorrow sometime!

"So be good for goodnesss sake"

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
So far everyone seems to be doing exceptionally well on their xena pulls. I love crunching numbers so it'll be fun seeing how the breakdowns match the numbers. There are 6 limited autos and according to RA limited is defined as 300-500. If 300 a limited auto should turn up in 1:5.56 boxes, if 500 then it should be 1:3.33 the autograph costumes are 1:200 packs (1:5 boxes) which would work out to 333 of each (assuming they all had equal numbers) + however many archive boxes there are and how many they hold back for replacements which likely brings them to roughly 400 each.

Homer Simpson:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Cosmic Girl:

- Hello there. Wave Good to "see" you as well. Wink

- Congratulations. It looks like you did pretty well yourself. Big Grin Dance I know you're just dancing with joy over your pulls. Wink

- You're right. Seeing how the numbers breakdown is pretty interesting. Especially with all the inserts and odds for this set.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
Here is my real breakdown,

Box 1 #4014 B1,2,2,3-9 Smile the #7 had a bump card back instead of smooth, weird. , E1,4,5,7,Smile M1Smile,F1 Smile, A38 Bruce Campbell as Autolycus Smile,A42 Colin Moy as Phantes

Box 2 #9355 B1,2,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, E1,2,3,8,SmileM1,Frown F3,Smile DA8 Lucy Lawless and Ted Raimi,Smile Smile Smile Smile A35 Tsianna Jollson as Varia Smile

Box 3 #6596 B1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,9, E1,2,3,8 Smile, M2 Smile, F6 Smile, A43 Joel Tobeck as Deimos, AC8 Autographed Costume Card Aphrodite- Alexandra Tydings Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

"So be good for goodnesss sake"

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post