Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Xena: Warrior Princess, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xena: Warrior Princess, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Speedy Service as always Smile

- Received a padded envelope today from Rittenhouse Archives, in it which contained the base cards that I was missing from my 2 boxes. Big Grin I had e-mailed Joanna on Wed and gotten a reply back the same day. The cards were sent out the next day and received today. Thumb Up

Thank you Joanna and Rittenhouse Archives. Wavey Metal

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
So far everyone seems to be doing exceptionally well on their xena pulls.

Looking at these numbers I'm looking forward to the two boxes I've ordered... Big Grin

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
So far everyone seems to be doing exceptionally well on their xena pulls.

Looking at these numbers I'm looking forward to the two boxes I've ordered... Big Grin

I'm looking forward to my boxes arriving as well, but with everybody having such good luck, I don't think I will do as well. (See I'm subtly preparing myself Big Grin).

I seem to have a very good pull and then go quite a while before getting another good one, and it wasn't that long ago that I had my last really good card. The auto card I would really like from this set is Jacqueline Kim, if I get that I will be very happy.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LesleyW:
I'm looking forward to my boxes arriving as well, but with everybody having such good luck, I don't think I will do as well. (See I'm subtly preparing myself

Come on.... If I could do as good as I did on my cases you will do great also. I am the King of Looser Pullers(If that's what you can call it)... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Email me when you get them and before you open them. I'll rub my rabbits foot for you for luck.....
That's if I can catch that little sucker... Twak

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
Email me when you get them and before you open them. I'll rub my rabbits foot for you for luck.....
That's if I can catch that little sucker... Twak

Thanks Big Grin

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Well, I went to pick up some boxes of QXena from my local comic guy today and he didn't have them in! Mad So I bought a box of Buffy 7. I'm having a VERY bad day (well, week) and needed a material kind of pick me up Roll Eyes

But, I will say this (since I don't think anyone else out there has) - whoever doesn't want their wrappers - I'll take em!! Big Grin

Jessica

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
Well, I went to pick up some boxes of QXena from my local comic guy today and he didn't have them in! Mad So I bought a box of Buffy 7. I'm having a VERY bad day (well, week) and needed a material kind of pick me up Roll Eyes

It's true, cards are like drugs, you know... Big Grin

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
I'm having a VERY bad day (well, week) Roll Eyes

Awwwwwwwww.....You should have called me. I can't let my Balto Bud have a bad week... Bouncey
Did you get anything good in the Buffy?

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 box last night.

Motion - M3
Eternal Friends - E1, E3, E4, E7
Words of the Bard - B1-B9, B2
Autographs - DA4 (Karl Urban and Alexandra Tydings - Cupid and Aphrodite)
A36 Alex Mendoza (Lucifer)
40 different parallel cards

What I didn't get was a full base set. I'm missing 61, 65 and 78. Not overly bothered as I'm getting more soon.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Got my case, but had a job interview after work so couldn't open the whole case (yes, Tom, sleep is more important that cards)...

Box 1:
B1-9 & B3
E1 2 3 8
M4 & 6 Bouncey
F5
A49/Genghis Khan & A51/Cleopatra

Box 2:
B1-9 & B4
E 2 3 6 8
M3
F4
A46/Cycnus
AC8/Aphrodite Bouncey

Box 3:
B1-9 & B5
E 1 3 4 7
M6
F3
A35/Varia & A43/Deimos

Box 4:
B1-9 & B6
E1 3 7 8
M5
F6
A36/Lucifer
AC4/Xena Bouncey

The cards are FABULOUS & the parallels are too! The chase are all fantastic! Love love LOVE the auto'd costume cards!

Lots of typos on the backs Frown Frown Frown
Many places where there's "your" instead of "you're" and "you" instead of "your". And that's only from quick glances while watching 24 & opening packs.

Will post more breakdowns tomorrow Smile

EDITED to add character names to the auto cards. More breakdowns tonight Smile Smile Smile

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

[This message was edited by tialessa on November 12, 2003 at 11:38 AM.]

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Okay, this thread has been moved from the General Card Discussion area to allow people to post new breakdowns, and it's title has been amended to reflect the new posting conventions.

Thank you for your understanding, and we return you to your reguarly scheduled thread... Big Grin

[This message was edited by xSaBx on November 12, 2003 at 11:19 AM.]

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Okay,

My computer was down so I never contacted TWS about his rabbits foot - ****.

Anyway it wasn't all bad and the basic set is the most gorgeous I have seen for a while, it's knocked Buffy Connections off my number 1 spot for this year.

Box 1 #6205
Parallel set - 40 cards, including 1 duplicate
Words from the Bard - Set,6
Eternal Friends - 2,6,8,9
Xena in Motion - 3
Forged - 4
Autos - DA5 Big Grin,A50

Box 2 #6724
Parallel set - 40 cards
Basic set was missing #4
Words from the Bard - Set,9
Eternal Friends - 2,3,6,8
Xena in Motion - 6
Forged... - 1
Auto - A42,A35 Varia - I have been waiting for this card since it was pulled from Beauty & Brawn Big Grin,

No Jacqueline Kim auto for me Frown.

At some point I may treat myself to another box. Big Grin

One thing that really pleased me was that a lot of the quotes I voted for made it to the backs of the cards. Big Grin Also this is the first time I have sat and read the backs of the cards whilst I was pulling them out of the packs it took me ages to sort them.

I love the Words from the Bard and Eternal friends sets, not so sure about the Motion cards, this is the first time I've collected a set with them in.

Does anyone know if the Gabrielle quote about two kinds of tears made it to the back of one of the Eternal Friends cards?

Lesley

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LesleyW:
Okay,My computer was down so I never contacted TWS about his rabbits foot - ****.

Oh shoot that's too bad. I wish I had known. I caught that rabbit but since I didn't hear from ya......We ate him! Ummmmmmm Good! Shake Head

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Broke open 4 more boxes with mixed results.

Box 5
B1-9 & B2
M4
F5
E2 5 6 9
AC5/Hades Bouncey & A42/Phantes

Box 6
B1-9 & B6
E1 3 7 8
F1
M1
A38/Autolycus Bouncey A47/Archangel Michael Bouncey

Box 7
B1-9 & B1
E2 6 8 9
F6
M2
A42/Phantes (again) A51/Cleopatra (again)

Box 8
Box 1-9 & B8
E1 4 5 7
F2
M5
A43/Deimos (again) DA5/Caesar & Brutus Bouncey

And no, Lesley, I haven't seen the 2 kind of tears quote yet.

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I just took a quick look through our set and did not see that quote. I'd ask my beloved husband since he had quote selection, but he's busy with Enterprise Season 2

Take care

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
I just took a quick look through our set and did not see that quote. I'd ask my beloved husband since he had quote selection, but he's busy with Enterprise Season 2

Take care

Thanks OWM and Tialessa,

I think it's my favourite quote from the series, or at least one of them. Big Grin And I can't complain because of all the great quotes that made it into the set. Maybe it will make it into the next one.

Lesley

Picture of Ginny
posted Hide Post
Wow. I thought Rittenhouse couldn't get any better than Beauty and Brawn, but I was wrong! The whole set is FABULOUS!!

So, here is my box breakdown:

Missing common #28 to make a set
Eternal Friends: 4, 5, 7, 9
Forged: F5
Motion: M5
Autos: Brutus and Cleopatra
No costume (Boo hoo Frown)

And 40 parallels with dupes.

All in all, good set. Like Lesley said, I may have to get another box later. {Merry Christmas to Ginny...}

Posts: 396 | Location: Riverdale, GA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Ginny, I can easily drop #28 in the mail to you in tomorrow's mail Smile

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -

Picture of hoftrader
posted Hide Post
Hey Wave

Man, these are cool cards! Thumb Up Can't decide if I should go for the parallel set as well, but here's how my box(won on eBay for $49 Big Grin)turned out......

All 3 Checklists
#F4 Heat of Battle
#M6 Motion card
Eternal Friends #1 2 3 8
Complete Words from the Bard set
#A35 Varia auto.
#AC5 signed costume card Erik Thomson(as Hades)
40 foil parallels

Missing #53 and 82 from base set. Seems to be common to come up a little short on commons Smile

So, did I do alright? Not very familiar with Xena characters, actually.

Brian Smokin'

Posts: 192 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Here's how my box did:

1 complete base set
40 different parallels (no dupes; even the checklists have parallels!)

Complete Words from the Bard set (plus and extra #9...#9...#9...)

Eternal Friends E4, E5, E7, E9

Xena in Motion M4

Forged in the Heat of Battle F3

Autographs A39 (David Franklins as Brutus) Big Grin
A41 (John D'Aquino as Ulysses...nice sig!)

No costume cards. Frown

I'm not even sure why I bought the box...I don't really care that much about Xena, but since I got the entirety of the previous set I kind of obsessively want to continue it. Nice cards, by the way. I'm not sure if I prefer the parallels to the regular cards, though. Great box breakdown, though!

-Bob-

I dunno, Prezkot. I am pretty damn spongy.

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post