Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    2005 Swimsuit Sports Illustrated (Stellar Collectibles)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2005 Swimsuit Sports Illustrated (Stellar Collectibles)
 Login/Join

Picture of pvivier
posted
I had bought the base cards for 2003 and 2004, but decided that I'd give the box a try for 2005.

The box comes with 24 packs of 10 cards.
There are 98 base cards and 2 checklist cards.

Box states the following ratios:
8 Gold-Stamped Olympian cards featuring Amanda Beard seeded 1:6 packs
8 Gold-Stamped Fresh Face featuring Alicia Hall (the winner of SI's nationwide contest) seeded 1:6 packs
12 Underwater Beauties seeded 1:4 packs (note that their website calls them 'Water Nymphs'. I guess they changed the name before publication.
7 Memorabilia seeded 1:24 packs
(unsaid #) Autograph cards seeded 1:24 packs

Their website says there are 8 Autograph cards. However, there are 10 names listed, and only 5 models have * next to their name as 'Returned Autographs'.

My box breakdown:
Only 1 full set of base cards Frown
1 additional ALMOST full set of base cards minus 4 cards.
20 extra cards
Also 4 from my second set had assembly problems where the paper was separated in the middle about 1/4 of the way up from the corners, thus rendering my 2nd (hopeful) base set even more impossible.

Chase:
3 Olympian
5 Fresh Face
6 Underwater Beauties

Bonus:
0 Autograph Frown
0 Memorabilia Frown Mad
That stunk.

Impressions:
Thick cards. I don't know my stock #s, but they seemed as thick as the 2003 and 2004 cards. Images were better quality than 2004. Some of the previous year's set had whole groups of two models where the images looked like dark rejects from the magazine. Not a good feeling to buy a set of cards and feel like your images are the bottom of the barrel of good images.

The Amanda Beard Olympian series were a nice suprise. Underwater Beauties were nice images as well and I'm guessing the Fresh Face of Alicia Hall is predicted to be a household name.

All problems combined make this not a good box. I've contacted Stellar customer service to see if there is anything they can do about my nasty luck. I'll post any responses I get.

http://www.sitradingcards.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pvivier,

Posts: 23 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvivier
posted Hide Post
Update:
Stacy at Stellar says to pack up the box and send it back to them and they will give me a new box. So, I'll be able to post a new breakdown when I get the new box.

Posts: 23 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
That's cool of Stacy at Stellar.
Hope you have better luck with the replacement box Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post