Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Portraits of Poe (Rocket Ink Studios, 2013)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portraits of Poe (Rocket Ink Studios, 2013)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Got my five packs plus incentive sketch from the Indiegogo campaign.

Looking forward to future sets from Rocket Ink and hoping their first experience has not put them off!

9 card base set, Rich Molinelli,Kelly O'Hara.

Jay Fosgitt, Bruce Gerlach, John Haun.

Incentive jam by Bill Pulkowski and Matt Busch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my copy of the book and my 6 packs of cards today.
The cards are very nice and sketches I got are all fantastic.
The book also has some great illustrations and it's fun to read
Poe's work again, many for the first time since high school! Smile
Rocket Ink Studios did a great job with this and I hope to see
more projects from them in the future. Here's my sketches:

Scott Rorie, John Boy Marroquin, David Day

Ingrid Hardy, Bruce Gerlach, Bill Pulkovski

Incentive Sketch by Tim Proctor

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg Geerts,

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Triple-Frog - that John Haun sketch is awesome! And Greg, the Scott Rorie is sweet! Wink

Glad to hear that you received your boxed set and book. I'm also waiting on a boxed set and a book. I know that Bill said on his site that they were holding back card shipments on orders that included the book until it was back from the printers. This gives me hope that I'll see mine in the next few days. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Glad to hear that you received your boxed set and book. I'm also waiting on a boxed set and a book. I know that Bill said on his site that they were holding back card shipments on orders that included the book until it was back from the printers. This gives me hope that I'll see mine in the next few days. Thumb Up

Just had a message to say mine has shipped today. I was waiting on a book too so maybe that was the issue.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zero:
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:

Just had a message to say mine has shipped today. I was waiting on a book too so maybe that was the issue.

Just got mine today. Unfortunately the book got damaged in transit (back cover is torn) due to shipping in a lightweight bubble mailer and no cardboard backing. But it is still readable. Would have been ticked, though, if I'd shelled out extra to get a sketch on the inside cover.

The good news is that the cards arrived intact and I am pretty happy with the sketches I pulled - and really pleased with the hand-painted Tim Proctor incentive! Clap

I will post pictures once I get them scanned but over-all very happy with the set. Oh, and I got one of the tee-shirts, too. It's very cool! Metal

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:

Scott Rorie, Unknown (initials appear to be JB), David Day

I think Unknown is John Boy Marroquin.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:

Scott Rorie, Unknown (initials appear to be JB), David Day

I think Unknown is John Boy Marroquin.

Yep, that's it... Thanks Jeff!

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 5 packs, liked what I got so bought a few more. Got some great sketches.

Poe by Rich Molinelli, Tooth (Berenice) by John Haun, Raven by Ted Woods
Dupin by Ted Woods, Tell Tale Heart by Ashleigh Popplewell

Tim Shay, Tim Shay, Nina Edlund
Ted Woods, Alex Buechel, John Haun

Posts: 18 | Location: ny | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really neat set and pretty happy with my pulls (sorry that I didn't re-size them before posting):

Kelly O'Hara, Rich Molinelli, Ted Woods, Nina Edlund, Scott Rorie and Tim Proctor

I usually don't get excited about "cute" but I love the Edlund! Also, you can't really tell by the scan but the O'Hara is painted in pearlescent paints. And I love the hand-painted Proctor! This was the box incentive just an awesome card. Metal