Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Fringe Seasons 1 & 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fringe Seasons 1 & 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
8 Box Break

One box had no auto but 2 others had 2 autos so 9 autos and 14 costumes

Rare:
A1 Anna Torv
A4 Blair Brown
A14 Jeff Pinker

Uncommon:
A9 Michael Cerveris
A10 Kevin Corrigan

Common:
A11 Ari Graynor x2
A12 Kirk Acevedo
A13 Chance Kelly

Costumes
M2 Brandon lab coat x2
M4 Broye white shirt
M6 Charlie blue shirt
M7 Charlie suit
M8 Olivia striped shirt
M9 Olivia suit
M10 Peter dark gray shirt x2
M11 Peter Grey Shirt
M12 Rachel green shirt
M13 Rachel pants
M15 Walter Green Shirt
M16 Walter lab coat

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Whoever picked your boxes has the "lucky" touch Smile .That's better than most 12 box case breaks.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I busted 3 cases

Case 1
Box 1
Autograph - A12 Kirk Acevedo
Costume - M7
Blue - 5
Red - 1, 2 and 8

Box 2
Autograph - None L
Costume - M1 and M6
Blue - 1 and 3
Red - 7

Box 3 (Make up box)
Autograph - A9 Michael Cerveris, A14 Ryan McDonald
Costume - M2 and M8
Blue - 2 and 4
Red - 1, 8, and 9

Box 4
Autograph - A2 Josh Jackson

Costume - M16
Blue - 5 and 6
Red - 2 and 3

Box 5
Autograph - A11 Ari Graynor
Costume - M4 and M11
Blue - 7 and 8
Red - 4 and 5

Box 6
Autograph - None
Costume - M7 and M13
Blue - 2 and 9
Red - 6

Box 7
Autograph - A11 Ari Graynor
Costume - M10, M12, and M15
Blue - 1 and 9
Red - 4 and 7

Box 8
Autograph - None
Costume - M7 and M13
Blue - 5
Red - 2 and 9

Box 9
Autograph - A16 Meghan Markle
Costume - None
Blue - 7 and 8
Red - 5 and 6

Box 10 (make up box)
Autograph - A8 Sebastian Roche, A12 Kirk Acevedo
Costume - M9
Blue - 1 and 3
Red - 7, 8 and 9

Box 11
Autograph - A13 Chance Kelly
Costume - M12
Blue - 6 and 7
Red - 3 and 4

Box 12
Autograph - A16 Meghan Markle
Costume - M10 and M15
Blue - 4 and 5
Red - 1 and 2

Case 2
Box 1 (not a good start)
Autograph - None
Costume - M4 and M16
Blue - 8
Red - 3 and 5

Box 2
Autograph - A13 Chance Kelly (Common)
Costume - M9 and M15
Blue - 4 and 5
Red - 1 and 2

Box 3 (make up box at least auto wise)
Autograph - A11 Ari Graynor (Common), A15 JH Wyman (Rare)
Costume - M5 and M14
Blue - 1
Red - 5

Box 4 (pretty loaded)
Autograph - A4 Blair Brown (Rare)
Costume - M7, M9, and M15
Blue - 1 and 9
Red - 4 and 7

Box 5 (bad box)
Autograph - A11 Ari Graynor (common)
Costume - None
Blue - 8 and 9
Red - 6 and 7

Box 6 (bad box)
Autograph - None
Costume - M2 and M5
Blue - 4, 6, and 8
Red - None

Box 7
Autograph - A11 Ari Graynor (common)
Costume - M14
Blue - 2 and 3
Red - 8 and 9

Box 8
Autograph - None
Costume - M7 and M16
Blue - 2, 6 and 7
Red - 2 and 4

Box 9 (make up box)
Autograph - A7 Seth Gabel (Rare), A11 Ari Graynor (Common)
Costume - M8
Blue - 5, 6, and 7
Red - 2 and 4

Box 10
Autograph - A9 Michael Cerveris (uncommon)
Costume - M1
Blue - 5 and 7
Red - 1, 2 and 3

Box 11 (worst box ever)
Autograph - Yet another box with no auto
Costume - M7 and M7 (yep two of these)
Blue - 2, 7 and 8
Red - 2 and 5

Box 12
Autograph - A14 Jeff Pinker (rare)
Costume - M13
Blue - 3, 4 and 5
Red - 1

Case 3
Box 1
Autograph - A11 Ari Graynor (I’ve pulled a lot of these)
Costume - M7, M9, and M16
Blue - 4 and 5
Red - 5 and 7

Box 2
Autograph - A11 Ari Graynor (yep another one)
Costume - M10
Blue - 7 and 8
Red - 3 and 4

Box 3
Autograph - A14 Ryan McDonald (Common)
Costume - M14
Blue - 6 and 8
Red - 7, 8 and 9

Box 4 (déjà vu box - See case 1 box 4)
Autograph - A2 Josh Jackson
Costume - M9
Blue - 1 and 4
Red - 2, 3 and 5

Box 5
Autograph - yet another box with no auto…I think this makes 8
Costume - M5. M7, and M12
Blue - 1, 5 and 9
Red - 5

Box 6
Autograph - A8 Sebastian Roche (uncommon)
Costume - M16
Blue - 4, 5 and 6
Red - 2 and 9

Box 7
Autograph - A16 Meghan Markle (uncommon)
Costume - M2
Blue - 2 and 3
Red - 7 and 8

Box 8
Autograph - A13 Chance Kelly (common)
Costume - M9
Blue - 1, 2, and 3
Red - 6 and 8

Box 9
Autograph - A4 Blair Brown (rare)
Costume - M7 and M9
Blue - 8 and 9
Red - 4 and 5

Box 10
Autograph - Box #9 without an auto
Costume - M9
Blue - 8
Red - 3, 4 and 5

Box 11
Autograph - M16 Meghan Markle (uncommon)
Costume - M1 and M5
Blue - 7 and 9
Red - 1

Box 12
Autograph - A14 Ryan McDonald (common)
Costume - M8
Blue - 1 and 9
Red - 6 and 7

Overall I was happy with the cases, but was shorted 5 autos total (1 in case 1, 2 in 2 and 2 in 3), and I had 9 boxes (1:4) without an auto. To me that's pretty ridiculous.

I also pulled 9 A11s (that's right more than 25% of my autos were the same) and 10 M7s which seems excessive

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow Chuck, that's terrible Shake Head
I certainly wouldn't be happy if I bought 3 cases and was shorted that much. Cryptozoic doesn't seem to be getting their act together yet on how they collate the cases, if anything it seems much worse than the Vampire Diaries turned out.

I am losing hope in this company very quickly now, and hope they get things sorted out pretty quickly. Because from what I have seen so far isn't impressing me. They may get some great licenses, but they have yet to release something that isn't disappointing in some way.
And by the way, I hate the limited to 25 oversize cards, there are more than 25 people out in the world who would like to collect a master set of their favourite shows.

I have one case that I will be opening (I had paid this off before they announced that they were adding the limited to 25 oversize card, overwise I wouldn't have even bothered with the series at all), but I'm not expecting anything great. What is most dissapointing is that the Fringe is one of my all time favourite shows, and was so excited to hear that Cryptozoic had bought the license. But the way it has been handled and adding the oversized card, has made me loose all enthusiasm in collecting this set.

The auto prices for the Torv and Jackson in this set are way too over-hyped and over-priced, I think because of how well Big Bang Theory and Walking Dead did, sellers were hoping to have a huge hit on their hands again.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
The autograph distribution in this set is horrible. However you did get two Joshua Jackson autos! Drool You ware so lucky! And Blair Brown! I wish I had your luck.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like a very good set just to buy a couple of boxes with all the missing autos.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piper_rulez:
The autograph distribution in this set is horrible. However you did get two Joshua Jackson autos! Drool You ware so lucky! And Blair Brown! I wish I had your luck.

Yeah...I was happy overall...the 1:4 boxes without an auto was an annoyance.

I got two Blair Browns as well.

I was shocked that I didn't pull one Kevin Corrigan auto though...I was happy that I pulled more than half the rare autos.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
Opened up another six boxes today. Of the six boxes, I only got 4 autographs but 10 wardrobe cards, 9 our universe cards, 12 universe b cards, and 4 complete base sets. I was able to combine the extra base cards from these boxes with the leftovers from my other case to make 2 additional sets. -_-

Autographs:
A5 Jasika Nicole (Rare)
A9 Michael Cerveris (Uncommon)
A14 Ryan McDonald (Common)
A16 Meghan Markle (Uncommon)

Wardrobes:
M1 Astrid’s Burgundy Blouse
M2 Brandon’s Lab Coat (x2)
M3 Broyles’s Tie (Uncommon)
M7 Charlie’s Suit
M9 Olivia’s Suit (x2)
M14 Walter’s Gray Shirt
M15 Walter’s Green Shirt (x2)

I already had those autographs and only needed the M3 wardrobe card. The box the M3 came in by the way, contained only the 1 wardrobe and 1 insert card!!! Super unhappy but at the same time, I do now have a complete wardrobe set.

I am also unhappy about the base card distribution. I was left with 20 of the same card for many card numbers, severely limiting the amount of base sets I could have made.

Fringe is one of my favorite shows. However, I find this set to be somewhat of a let down. I hope Cryptozoic improves distribution quality in their sets in the future. The set itself is great, but when you're breaking a case and fall short of over half the autographs it kind of makes it not worth the investment.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:

I was shocked that I didn't pull one Kevin Corrigan auto though...I was happy that I pulled more than half the rare autos.

Your luck is unbelievable! Yeah, out of 18 boxes I didn't pull a Kevin Corrigan or Chance Kelly autograph. But I was short 4 autographs in total so I guess I know what those may have been. I only got 2 rares, Jasika Nicole and JH Wyman. Well I pulled 2 Nicoles so 3. But 2 of 9 rares?!?!?!?! Seriously!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah...after my break I decided I'm not going to mess with loose boxes of this stuff. Nice pull on the tie though...I didn't get any in three cases.

I was mostly happy that my main dupes were Ari Graynor and Meghan Markle...even though Meghan didn't play a big role (they seemed to just drop her storyline) a lot of people know her from Suits.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:

Your luck is unbelievable! Yeah, out of 18 boxes I didn't pull a Kevin Corrigan or Chance Kelly autograph. But I was short 4 autographs in total so I guess I know what those may have been. I only got 2 rares, Jasika Nicole and JH Wyman. Well I pulled 2 Nicoles so 3. But 2 of 9 rares?!?!?!?! Seriously!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deeceman:

so what was the crazy fluke that I spoke of earlier? well in box number 11 about halfway through the packs I pulled a card that looked different than all the rest......yes that's right you guessed it- a redemption for the oversized wardrobe card! Smile

why call that a fluke? certainly a little bit of luck but not exactly a fluke right? well yeah it was a fluke cuz exactly one base card separated that redemption card which incidentally was R7 on the back from its brother R8!!!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

anyway that's my break, comments are of course welcome- thanks for the long read, Dave

I think everyone is missing the point in this

- sure you are happy because you got 2 redemption cards

but look at the rest of the breaks and how bad the correlation is

and then see the double redemption in one pack as what it is
- extremely bad correlation and a huge beep-up on their end

I would finish up that letter to them
and make note of the double redemption in a pack

because even though it makes you feel good
- it pisses the hell out of me as it should everyone else

and it shows how badly these cards are packaged
and it seems they are not making any strides in fixing this problem

Steve if you are reading this, please make note
having good license's is nice
but your product break down is starting to make some of us question
whether or not it is worth collecting these sets
as buying a case, is not worth while
- a case, imagine those that only buy boxes and how upset they are

Chris "hcbrewer"

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
Steve if you are reading this, please make note
having good license's is nice
but your product break down is starting to make some of us question
whether or not it is worth collecting these sets
as buying a case, is not worth while
- a case, imagine those that only buy boxes and how upset they are

This is a Cryptozoic release, so you probably mean Scott. Steve is Rittenhouse.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cracked open 2 boxes just to see if I want to go for a master set. Here are the pulls

Box 1.
Auto - Michael Cerveris
Costume - M1 Astrid, M5 Phillip

Box 2.
Auto - John Noble
Costume - M7 Charlie, M9 Olivia

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlexC:
Cracked open 2 boxes just to see if I want to go for a master set. Here are the pulls

Box 1.
Auto - Michael Cerveris

Box 2.
Auto - John Noble

Nice job!! Good pulls

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got 5 boxes in today and have a case on its way. Things started out a little sketchy in the beginning with the first box, but evened out nicely by the end.

Box #1
F02,03,04
D06
No auto, no costume
No base set (yeah, not a great way to start off)

Box #2
A7 Seth Gabel
A11 Ari Graynor
M6 Charlie
M8 Olivia
F02,09
D04,06

Box #3
A8 Sebastian Roche
A13 Chance Kelly
M10 Peter
F06,08
D01,03

Box #4
A11 Ari Graynor
M14 Walter
F04,05
D01,02

Box #5
A14 Ryan McDonald
M10 Peter
M12 Rachel
F01,09
D06,07

Overall, I think I got pretty lucky. The first box freaked me out, but the second box made me feel a lot better (especially since the Gabel was one of the autos I most wanted besides the JJ one). Overall, I'll take 6 autos and 6 costumes in five boxes as a win, even if it ended up coming out to be 5 different autos and 5 different costumes with 1 duplicate each. My case should finally get here on Thursday (my supplier mixed up my shipment) so I'm excited to see what I'll pull from that, and hope that I can still come out a bit ahead, considering the number of dud boxes in this release.

The pictures:

The Graynor and the M10 are FT if anyone is interested.

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you guys are doing with your extra singles, but I need some to finish up a few extra sets. And I have some that maybe someone else can use to finish up some other sets. I already posted this in the trading section. But I'd figure I give it a shot here as well.

Need: 1(3), 2(4), 3(2), 4(2), 5(4), 7(2), 9(4), 16(3), 22(2), 23(4), 25(4), 26(3), 30(4), 36(2), 37, 41(4), 44(4), 45(4), 49, 52(4), 53(3), 58(2), 59, 61(4), 63(4), 65, 66, 68, 71, 72/Checklist(2)

For trade: 6(19), 10, 11(20), 12(18), 15(20), 18, 20(18), 27(19), 29(20), 31(21), 32, 34(19), 38(21), 42(21), 43(2), 46(19), 48(18), 51(18), 55(21), 67(19), 69(20), 70(16)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:

Box #2
A7 Seth Gabel

Drool

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlexC:

Box 1.
Auto - Michael Cerveris

Box 2.
Auto - John Noble

Nice pull on the John Noble auto!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:

Box #2
A7 Seth Gabel

Drool

My thoughts exactly! I love the Lincoln Lee character, so he was one of the ones I wanted most!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
One box -

Chance Kelly & Kirk Acevedo autograph cards
M9 costume - Olivia's suit Big Grin

Seems to be a shortage of chase cards in the set(not in my box). I do love the chase though. Great release, although I'm a little irked at Cryptozoic for making NONE of the castmembers' autographs a little less hard to get.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post