Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Fringe Seasons 1 & 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fringe Seasons 1 & 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
First Case

Autos

Rare:
A3 Lance Reddick
A5 Jasika Nicole
A6 John Noble

Uncommon:
A9 Michael Cerveris
A10 Kevin Corrigan x2
A16 Meghan Markle

Common:
A11 Ari Graynor
A12 Kirk Acevedo x2
A13 Chance Kelly
A14 Ryan McDonald

Costumes
M1 Astrid blouse
M2 Brandon lab coat
M5 Broyle suit x2
M6 Charlie blue shirt
M7 Charlie suit
M8 Olivia striped shirt
M9 Olivia suit x2
M10 Peter dark gray shirt x2
M12 Rachel green shirt
M13 Rachel pants
M14 Walter gray shirt
M16 Walter lab coat

Inserts
Our Universe - 1 complete set, 14 extras
Universe B - 1 complete set, 16 extras

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Second Case

Autos

Rare:
A7 Seth Gabel x2

Uncommon:
A8 Sebastian Roche
A9 Michael Cerveris
A10 Kevin Corrigan
A16 Meghan Markle

Common:
A11 Ari Graynor x2
A12 Kirk Acevedo
A13 Chance Kelly
A14 Ryan McDonald x2

Costumes
M1 Astrid blouse
M2 Brandon lab coat
M3 Broyle Tie (uncommon)
M4 Broye white shirt
M5 Broyle suit
M6 Charlie blue shirt
M7 Charlie suit x2
M8 Olivia striped shirt
M9 Olivia suit x2
M10 Peter dark gray shirt
M11 Peter gray shirt
M12 Rachel green shirt
M13 Rachel pants
M14 Walter gray shirt
M15 Walter green shirt
M16 Walter lab coat x2

(19 costumes total!)

Inserts
Our Universe - 2 complete set, 6 extras
Universe B - 2 complete set, 5 extras

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Weird second case there - 2 rares but both the same, and 19 costumes. Early stages looks like 6 rare/uncommon per case, which is better than BBT

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I busted a case of the the new Fringe from Cryptozoic today and pulled the following:

I complete 16 card Wardrobe set plus extras of M2, M7 & M9

A5 Jasika Nicole (rare)
A8 Sebastian Roche
A10 Kevin Corrigan
A11 Ari Graynor x3
A12 Kirk Acevedo
A13 Chance Kelly
A14 Ryan McDonald x2
A14 Jeff Pinkner (rare)
A16 Meghan Markle (who is soooo much hotter in Suits)

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
The prices of the Torv and Jackson autos, thus far, on ebay are INSANE. Insane. I knew they'd be high, but I have to admit I'm a little shocked.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
The prices of the Torv and Jackson autos, thus far, on ebay are INSANE. Insane. I knew they'd be high, but I have to admit I'm a little shocked.

I'm not really that shocked. While Fringe doesn't have the ratings other shows do, there's a reason it's going to last 5 seasons...it has a rabid fan base. It is by far my favorite show, and I honestly don't think anything comes close to it in terms of quality and entertainment.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
the price of Torv and Jackson kinda reflect the desire of 1 or 2 persons to sell them at that prices and others follow, the price would go down if no one would like to purchase them at those high prices, but people do
indeed Torv and Jackson are kinda out of reach for normal collectors

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are talking about Pacey Witter here people! Of course Joshua Jackson is going to sell high Razz

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
should have bought him in the Dawson's Creek set...

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:

There was a Dawson Creek set ? Eek

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardster:
quote:

There was a Dawson Creek set ? Eek

no, sadly lol, we are stuck with 500$ Pacey

posted Hide Post
Today I received my Cryptozoic Fringe case that I had preordered from @#$% and ^&*('s awhile back. This was my first ever Cryptozoic product- I do not watch BBT and therefore had zero interest in the trading cards and while I enjoyed the Walking Dead graphic novels or TPBs that my brother in law loaned me, I do not watch the show so I didn't open any of the cards from that either. I was excited to open this case but nervous at the same time because from what I've read on these and other boards it seems like its pretty hard to get a good selection of autos from the cases and instead there are many duplicates of lesser names. I had read Miss Lizzy's breaks which I thought were good as usual, Hippiemkt's breaks which were fantastically awesome and Iggy's which I thought was solid but not spectacular. After opening my case I can honestly say that had it not been for a crazy fluke my case would have been by FAR the worst of the bunch. In fact, halfway through box 11 I was already crafting the letter which I was going to write to Cryptozoic to express my feelings. I was livid and worse, I felt like I got ripped off.

Here are the costumes that I pulled:

M2 Brandon's Lab Coat x2 Frown
M4 Broyle's shirt
M6 Charlie's blue shirt x2 both with white swatches Frown
M7 Charlie's suit- has the same pic as M6 which is very weak in my opinion
M8 Olivia's striped shirt x4 ARGH HULK SMASH!
M9 Olivia's suit
M10 Peter's dark gray shirt x2 Frown
M12 Rachel's green shirt
M14 Walter's gray shirt
M15 Walter's green shirt x2 Frown
M16 Walter's lab coat x3 Frown

so 20 costumes but only 11 different.

Here are the autos that I pulled:

A5 Astrid (Jasika Nicole)- this was my only "rare" auto
A8 Thomas Jerome Newton (Sebastian Roche)
A11 Rachel (Ari Graynor) x3 Frown
A12 Charlie (Kirk Acevedo) x2 Frown
A13 Mitchell (Chance Kelly) x2 Frown
A14 Brandon (Ryan McDonald)
A16 Amy (Meghan Markle) x2

so out of the 17 signers for this product I got 7 in my case and all were common with the exception of the uncommon Roche and Markle and the rare Nicole.

pretty gosh darned ugly wouldn't you say? To compound matters there weren't even complete non memorabilia insert sets- both of those had as many as 4 of one card and both sets were missing one card. I haven't even bothered with the base cards yet but I would not be terribly surprised if I was missing cards from that as well- I'll have to update this thread after I do some sorting later.

so what was the crazy fluke that I spoke of earlier? well in box number 11 about halfway through the packs I pulled a card that looked different than all the rest......yes that's right you guessed it- a redemption for the oversized wardrobe card! Smile

why call that a fluke? certainly a little bit of luck but not exactly a fluke right? well yeah it was a fluke cuz exactly one base card separated that redemption card which incidentally was R7 on the back from its brother R8!!!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

anyway that's my break, comments are of course welcome- thanks for the long read, Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deeceman:
Today I received my Cryptozoic Fringe case that I had preordered from @#$% and ^&*('s awhile back. This was my first ever Cryptozoic product- I do not watch BBT and therefore had zero interest in the trading cards and while I enjoyed the Walking Dead graphic novels or TPBs that my brother in law loaned me, I do not watch the show so I didn't open any of the cards from that either. I was excited to open this case but nervous at the same time because from what I've read on these and other boards it seems like its pretty hard to get a good selection of autos from the cases and instead there are many duplicates of lesser names. I had read Miss Lizzy's breaks which I thought were good as usual, Hippiemkt's breaks which were fantastically awesome and Iggy's which I thought was solid but not spectacular. After opening my case I can honestly say that had it not been for a crazy fluke my case would have been by FAR the worst of the bunch. In fact, halfway through box 11 I was already crafting the letter which I was going to write to Cryptozoic to express my feelings. I was livid and worse, I felt like I got ripped off.

M4 Broyle's shirt
M9 Olivia's suit
M12 Rachel's green shirt
M14 Walter's gray shirt

so out of the 17 signers for this product I got 7 in my case and all were common with the exception of the uncommon Roche and Markle and the rare Nicole.

pretty gosh darned ugly wouldn't you say? To compound matters there weren't even complete non memorabilia insert sets- both of those had as many as 4 of one card and both sets were missing one card. I haven't even bothered with the base cards yet but I would not be terribly surprised if I was missing cards from that as well- I'll have to update this thread after I do some sorting later.

so what was the crazy fluke that I spoke of earlier? well in box number 11 about halfway through the packs I pulled a card that looked different than all the rest......yes that's right you guessed it- a redemption for the oversized wardrobe card! Smile

why call that a fluke? certainly a little bit of luck but not exactly a fluke right? well yeah it was a fluke cuz exactly one base card separated that redemption card which incidentally was R7 on the back from its brother R8!!!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

anyway that's my break, comments are of course welcome- thanks for the long read, Dave

WOW! TWO REDEMPTION CARDS!!!! That is amazing! Almost amazing enough to make up for the severely lacking pulls. I hope Cryptozoic can get the other mess with the inserts sorted out.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piper_rulez:
quote:

M4 Broyle's shirt
M9 Olivia's suit
M12 Rachel's green shirt
M14 Walter's gray shirt

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

WOW! TWO REDEMPTION CARDS!!!! That is amazing! Almost amazing enough to make up for the severely lacking pulls. I hope Cryptozoic can get the other mess with the inserts sorted out.

I would say it more than made up for it. He could buy another case if he sells one of the redemptions.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by piper_rulez:
quote:

M4 Broyle's shirt
M9 Olivia's suit
M12 Rachel's green shirt
M14 Walter's gray shirt

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I would say it more than made up for it. He could buy another case if he sells one of the redemptions.

I didn't realize how much they were going for. The only one listed on ebay is ridiculous.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
Opened my case today! Was a tad disappointed in the autographs, but we can't all be winners I guess.

Autographs:
A5 Jasika Nicole (Rare)
A8 Sebastian Roche (Uncommon)
A9 Michael Cerveris (Uncommon)
A11 Ari Graynor (Common)
A12 Kirk Acevedo (Common)
A14 Ryan McDonald (Common) (x3!!!!)
A15 J.H. Wyman (Rare)
A16 Meghan Markle (Uncommon)

Wardrobe:
M1 Astrid’s Burgundy Blouse
M2 Brandon’s Lab Coat
M4 Broyles’s White Shirt
M5 Broyles’s Suit
M6 Charlie’s Blue Shirt (x2)
M7 Charlie’s Suit (x2)
M8 Olivia’s Striped Shirt (x2)
M9 Olivia’s Suit (x4!!!!!)
M10 Peter’s Dark Gray Shirt
M11 Peter’s Gray Shirt (x2)
M12 Rachel’s Green Shirt
M13 Rachel’s Corduroy Pants
M14 Walter’s Gray Shirt
M15 Walter’s Green Shirt
M16 Walter’s Lab Coat (x2)

Our Universe: 1 complete set + 14 extras (not happy about that)
Universe B: 2 complete sets + 6 extras

Of the 12 boxes, only 5 actually came with enough to complete a base set on its own. It wasn't until I combined everything in the end that I was able to complete 13 base sets with hundreds of singles left over. If I had been one of those people who really only cared for just a base set and bought a box that didn't complete a set, I wouldn't be too happy. Some of them had about 20 cards missing!!!

I am awaiting for 6 more boxes to arrive on Monday. I hope I can complete my wardrobe set and get some nice autographs. Fingers crossed! If anyone wants to trade me some stuff I need for my extras, I will happily look over offers. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also pulled 23 costume cards...almost 2 per box, but it also appears you were shorted two autos.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Also pulled 23 costume cards...almost 2 per box, but it also appears you were shorted two autos.

Yeah. That's why I was so disappointed about them. I don't know if having about 2 wardrobe cards per box was supposed to make up for less autos or not. Should I email Cryptozoic about it? I mean, I don't want to seem unappreciative that the amount of wardrobes were practically doubled.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

I completely agree with David, one person decided to list at a really high price and everyone else then followed.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

That seems more to me like a stuff up in the sorting room when the redemptions were being distributed. And you got really lucky Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post