Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Unstoppable Cards Yearbox (Unstoppable Cards, 2015)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable Cards Yearbox (Unstoppable Cards, 2015)
 Login/Join

posted
Okay a lot to get thru so two parts. First part, the eight box's from two double deals.

Grimm: mail away, GPC1 + 2, GH2, GW12-14, SMA + RLA
Grimm: mail away, GPC1 + 9, GH1, GW6-8, JCA + DGAC
Blakes 7 Set 1 #1682: F1,2+9, John Lesson as Toise, David Bailie. Print plate for card #52
Blakes 7 Set 2 #1437: F5,6+7, Richard Franklin auto, Damien Thomas auto (rare variant)
Blakes 7 Set 2 #1976: F7,8+9, Richard Franklin(again), Brian Croucher, Costume COS2.
The Wicker Man #1221: F1-4,F9, Lindsay Kemp auto.
Here's where it gets weird!
Dalek Films #1285: Yvonne Antrobus Auto X 2, one pack foils F1-3,8+9. Second pack foils F3-7. NO cell or sketch!
Dalek Films #1286: Ray Brooks auto, Barrie Ingham auto. One pack foils F4-8. Second pack foils F1-4,9. Again no cell or sketch!

Breakdown of bonus, coming soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, onto the bonus. Have added the two double deals together for ease. Along with expected breakdown from what was pre-promoted.

So 8 boxes, check.

4 Colin Baker B7 auto cards - got three.
6 B7 auto cards - got three Two Barbara Shelley's and a Jacqui Pearce S2
8 Dalek Movie Autos - check, got set minus Roberta Tovey and spare Antrobus and Linden.
8 Avengers autos - check, however 4 Eunice Gayson, 2 Julie Stephens, 1 Jacqui and 1 Anneke is hardly the "good mix" or "different content" promised in the pre release info!?!
2 Rare Auto/Signed Sketch/Signed Plate/Signed Costume - check, got a Linda Thorson and a signed B7 costume card.
2 Andy Fry B7/Avengers or MJ sketch - check 2 Fry sketches BOTH of Jacqui Pearce from The Avengers.
4 Film Cells/Costume - nope, got two Wicker Man and one Dalek cell.
10 Preview sets - check, have them coming out my ears.
10 Printer plates - nope, got nine. Three Dalek, (one with nothing at all on it!), one Wicker Man, one Blakes 7 set two auto card, two women of Avengers (both for auto cards), one My Favourite Martian (?!?) and one for Man Who Fell to Earth (even more ?!?!?!?!)
2 Curved Edge Printer Proofs - check, one for The Wicker Man autos including two cards not produced and absent the Chris Lee, one for ten of the thirteen Women of Avengers missing Thorson, Blackman and Rigg.
Of the additional random "super bonuses" supposed to be one in two lots, I had four so should have had two, got one, an unsigned sketch by Huw Throng of Soolin from B7.
Of the M Jason Reed sketch, supposed to be 1 in 8. Nope, not one.
Of the 1 in 4 deal Marcia Dye or Kitty Avengers sketch, got one Marcia Dye of Emma.
In addition, though not mentioned at all, I did get two additional Lindsay Kemp autos for Wicker Man (!?!) and a Daleks sketch by Hamill which aren't even mentioned!?!
So all in all, a little disappointed, as the numbers just don't tally. Didn't get any of the 'biggies' that I'd hoped for.
No Colin sketch, okay 1 in 10, was out of the odds. The Thorson is nice but already have it, Blackman would have been nice!?!
Some variance in content perhaps would have helped but two sketches of same character is very lax, despite how much I love Jacqui. So, so far disappointed and curious to see how others break down. Feel a little short changed at moment, to be honest.

Edit: just realised the Marcia could be counted as my other super bonus, I guess but the pre publicity does read as it being an additional item. So not sure, little confusing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spencer Quist,

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The amount of times you have posted that you are disappointed with this manufacturer makes me wonder why you are still buying! I gave up when it was Strictly ink. Once bitten, twice disappointed = never again

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm? Glutton for punishment perhaps. I like the product. Not so keen on the distribution problems and shortfall of what is promised. Maybe I'm just naturally unlucky! Maybe my inferiority complex isn't all in my head!?! LOL

Things have certainly improved since the days of Strictly Ink, will give Barrie his due on that score.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got one of the double deals, looked good on paper but in practice did not do so well Frown . You are possibly not the only one who is naturally unlucky Roll Eyes .

I would say that in terms of value I reckon I can sell the cards and boxes I don't want on Ebay and get most of my money back so the real value is about what I paid, just not as good as it looked.

You can tell that it was popular as all 80 lots sold out in about half an hour.

Pretty much replicated your breakdown of the common cards from Blakes 7, Doctor Who, and Women of Avengers.

One of my printing plates was also blank and my curved printers proof set ( Man Who Fell to Earth) had unused Nic Roeg and Buck Henry cards but was missing the Bowie.

I got an Andy Fry Women of Avengers sketch but my rare auto/signed sketch/signed plate/signed costume card was a Bernie Casey autograph Mad .

I got no "super bonuses", just a few random promo cards.

On balance I think you did better than me! On re-reading your post you definitely did with three extra sketches, two of them by top artists Patrick Hamill and Marcia Dye.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Marcia was due to doing a total of 4 deals. Goodness knows where the Hamill came into the equation. Would have loved the Man Who Fell to Earth cards, which weren't even mentioned.

Just a normal Bernie Casey auto? Not a sketch or plate or such?

You should at least have had one super bonus from a double deal. I got my two theoretically, I guess.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, just a normal Bernie Casey auto. I did not collect the Man Who Fell to Earth cards so if you want to trade for some of those sketches you got let me know via the e-mail address in my public profile. I would have contacted you in the same way but your e-mail is not in your profile.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email fired off!?!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Email fired off!?!

Thumb Up .

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Things have certainly improved since the days of Strictly Ink, will give Barrie his due on that score.

You say that but still the advertising is vague (2to3 or 4to6 in a case - very few manufacturers are this vague) and often there isn't even the lower figure. This yearbox has not delivered what was promised plus the "value" is always overrated.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Yes, just a normal Bernie Casey auto. I did not collect the Man Who Fell to Earth cards so if you want to trade for some of those sketches you got let me know via the e-mail address in my public profile. I would have contacted you in the same way but your e-mail is not in your profile.

Actually it is there. Must be, cos someone else emailed me asking about a trade!?! Weird.

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

If you want to trade your 2 proof sets let me know.

I also can't find your email, but mine is in my profiles.

Dave.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blue Horseshoe,

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent Horseshoe

posted Hide Post
Like Spencer I decided to go for 2 x Deal B as I thought it offered the best chance of some decent cards for the money and I think overall I did fairly well. The 8 boxes broke down as B7 series 1 x 1, B7 series 2 x 2, Grimm x 2, Wicker Man x 1 and Dr Who x 2. The only boxes I was intending to open were the Dr Who as being consecutively numbered I anticipated at least 1 sketch however when I saw what Spencer had posted regarding the lack of either a sketch or film cell in his boxes I checked the numbers of mine. They were 1291 and 1292 which places them in the same case as his boxes so was rather apprehensive about opening either of them however I decided eventually to open one #1292. The breakdown was 2 x Barrie Ingham autos and 2 foil packs but no sketch or film cell card so that's at least 3 boxes from that case missing its premium hit which is more than just a little odd. I have messaged Barrie so I will be interested to hear what he has to say. Anyway on to the breakdown of the cards.

3/4 Colin Baker B7 series 2 autos although it should be noted that Barrie did send out an email to say that when they came to collate the Yearsets they were short of the anticapated amount so were slightly scaling back the amounts in the bundles.
4/6 B7 autos 3xBarbara Shelley, Carol Hawkins
8/8 Dr Who autos 3xJill Curzon, 2xBarrie Ingham, Bernard Cribbins, Jennie Linden, Yvonne Antrobus
8/8 Avengers autos 3xJulie Stevens, 2x Eunice Gayson, Jacqueline Pearce, Isla Blair, Jennie Linden
2/2 signed printers plates Jacqueline Pearce B7 series 2 auto card, Jennie Linden Avengers auto card
2/2 Andy Fry Avengers Sketches Fenella Fielding, Eunice Gayson
3/4 Film cell/Costume Card 2xWicker Man B7 costume card COS2
9/10 Printers Plates 2xB7 Paul Darrow series 1 auto, Roy Boyd unreleased auto, 2xDr Who base cards, Avengers Jacqueline Pearce auto, Gerry Anderson Dick Spanner, 3xMan who fell to Earth Buck Henry unreleased auto and 2xbase cards?
2/2 Printer proof sets Wicker Man featuring 2 signers Robin hardy and Aubrey Morris subsequently dropped, Dr Who featuring additional John Bown also dropped

On top of that I also received Scott Fellowes Dr Who sketch, Kitty Dye Avengers sketch, Linda Thorsen auto, Britt Ekland auto 2x Lindsay Kemp autos and a number of limited promos for the Avengers, Doctor Who and The Man who fell to earth.
As I said all in all I think I've done reasonably well certainly compared to the other posts but this isn't the norm for me so I wont get too carried away.

Just as a footnote for Spencer, I didn't touch the Man who fell to Earth set so if your interested in any of those printer plates let me know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IanG,

Posts: 11 | Location: England | Registered: July 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
I got 1 set of deal B, think it reach my shores but postman not delivered yet, maybe monday or tuesday. Makes me think if 2 x deal B was shorted on some cards, what about if its just 1 set of deal B....hmmm....will post my contents once it reaches me...keeping fingers crossed

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep Iang. Email fired off. Think you did a bit better than me all told. Two signed plates! I got nowhere even near!?!

Those Dalek Film boxes are a major mistake so it will be interesting to see how that's dealt with. EACH BOX is GUARANTEED either a cell or sketch. If they don't then they are either subsidised as such or have no business being issued, yearbox inclusion or not. Got in touch with Barrie on them and the shortfall so waiting and seeing what happens.

Actually by my math, you got 12 printers plates or am I reading wrong!?! Read again, got you. Just the way it was put!?!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
My deal B finally arrived and here's the breakdown:

4 boxes: 2 Blakes 7, Grimm and Dalek. Dalek box was 1306 and I decided to try my luck and inside was as what was described previously by other buyers. Just 2 autos and 2 packs of gold foils. Nothing else...Will be following up with email to Barrie.

In the meantime, here's the other contents:

Blakes 7 : 2 x Colin Baker autos, 1 x Isla Blair auto, 1 x Barbara Shelley auto
It did say I should receive 3 random autos but I got 2 so should I say I am shorted 1 card from Blakes 7?

Dr Who Movies: 2 x Jennie Linden autos, 2 x Ray Brooks auto
Got the 4 as promised but to give duplicates is sigh.....

The Women of Avengers: Jacqueline Pearce, Barbara Shelley, Julie Stevens and Eunice Gayson.
Got the 4 autos as promised.

1 x Rare Autograph card OR Signed Sketch Autograph Card (JD Seeber Art/Colin Baker),
OR Signed Printers Plate (Colin Baker B7, Dr Who, Avengers) OR Signed Blakes 7 Costume Card!:
I actually didn't receive any of these cards unless that fantasy sketch card is classified under this category???? If it is, it is horrible...but anyway, this will be mentioned in my email to Barrie.

1 x Andy Fry Rare Pencil Sketch for The Women of Avengers Trading Cards Series: Got it, a nice sketch of Kim Lawrence

2 x Film Cells from Wicker Man: Got 2 as promised

5 x Preview Sets from any of our 2012-2014 releases: Got it. The 5 sets are:
2 x The Lost Worlds PR1 - PR6
2 x My Favourite Martian PR1 - PR7
1 x Doctor Who and the Daleks P1 - P6 & PR1

5 x Printer Plates: Got all 5 from different series. Think I did well on the plates as the blakes 7 plate is that of the auto card plate of Gareth Thomas (Blake) and The women of avengers plate is that of the auto card plate of Fenella Fielding (Kim Lawrence). The other 3 plates come from Doctor Who & The Daleks, The Man who fell to earth and My Favourite Martian preview set.

1 x Rare Printer Proof curved edge card sets, average is a set of 6 to 9 cards 1/6 per type: Got this, my set has 8 cards.
The 8 cards are:

The Wicker Man NSP1
The Wicker Man UCP1
The Wicker Man RTP1
Dr Who and the Daleks UCP1
Dr Who and the Daleks NSP1
Dr Who and the Daleks RTP1
The man who fell to earth NSP1
The man who fell to earth RTP1

There are 3 extra cards not listed from the stated odds and they are:

1 x Britt Ekland auto from The Wicker Man
1 x Bernie Casey auto from The Man who fell to earth
1 x sketch card from Fantasy Art series

Will post pics of the more unique cards and most cards are available for trade offers with the exception of Andy Fry sketch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cardz_house,

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Bought the A Deal on a lark and am mostly satisfied. The Grimm box had a decent wardrobe auto and a common auto. The Dalek box had 2 common autos.
The best extra auto was a Britt Eklund but my main concern is the limited Colin Baker auto has a couple of dents on the edges. I'll have to email Unstoppable to see what they can do about that.
Got 2 nice plates, one of Bowie and one of the checklist #53 with a nice image.
Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to those that have done trades. Much appreciated.
So what has been the responce on those duff Dalek film boxes then?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Been away for a couple of weeks, got back to find a package from Barrie waiting for me. It had two printing plates two autographs, and two sketches from Man Who Fell to Earth Thumb Up .

Very pleased and definitely makes up for shortfall in original deal.