Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Batman Archives (Rittenhouse 2008)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman Archives (Rittenhouse 2008)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
My meager card budget allowed me to buy one box, and this is the sketch I pulled. I like it, but I'm still thinking of trading, I like villains more than good guys! Big Grin

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I ordered three boxes of the Batman Archives, and here are the sketches I received. The Nonato is absolutely wonderful. I like the Marcelo di Chirara also. The other one is ....(answers on a postcard to.......), Sorry I don't know the artist, but I would be unhappy if I only bought one box and got this one.

Overall I like the set, although I don't think Rittenhouse have got the base set right; the images are far too small.

Interesting and varied insert sets I think.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: steve j,

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Great cards Steve.

I agree that the images are probably a bit small, but I don't really mind. I'm really enjoying the quality of the releases that Rittenhouse is producing. I love the chase cards too, and got the Robin lenticular which is really nice.

I too got a Marcelo di Chiara sketch, and here it is:

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I got one box of Batman with no sticker.
It yielded:
1 base set
Dark Victory: dv1 & dv4
Lenticular: L4
gum cards: bg1, bg4, bg8, bg9
and Batman sketch by Bruno Oliveira

The anticipation/surprise of the sketch card was spoiled because it was in the first pack I pulled but I was happy to get a Batman sketch.
I too was disappointed in the base cards. I love comic covers since they are designed to draw you in but I found the images too small & cramped for an entire base set although I thought it worked okay for an insert set for DC Legacy. Also I did not like there being no credit for the artists. The Dark Victory cards very much depend on whether you like or dislike Tim Sale's work. I like the idea of the simplicity of the colour & the black along with the Bat symbol. I just would have preferred pulling the Catwoman & Poison Ivy cards. The gum cards are an interesting look back at early Batman art. Overall glad I got a box but preferred WOM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comicbookfan,

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I just got my 1st box of this title in the mail this morning. Couldn't wait to rip it open.

Box #6220 of 7500
1 base set + 48 Dupes
Dark Victory: DV4 & DV6
Lenticular: L5 the Riddler
gum cards: BG3,5,7 & 8
and this sketchcard
Barbara Gordon as Oracle by Marcelo di Chiara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Oooh, I'm green with envy. That's a gorgeous card! Congrats.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Got my box today and these are my pulls:

1 base set
Dark Victory: dv1 & dv4
Lenticular: L7
gum cards: bg1, bg4, bg8, bg9 (they should made a full base set of these cards)
Sketch of Marcelo di Chiara (zorry I don't know the name but it is Robin as a woman)

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a box a couple weeks ago, and pulled a nice sketch of the Joker. I posted it before..figured I would post here to see if anyone knows who the artist is.
I really like these cards and might grab a case since they are pretty cheap right now.

Posts: 20 | Location: Chula Vista, California | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pull!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks..I think it's a really nice sketch too. The base set could have been better, but I do like this set.

BTW..I emailed Rittenhouse a scan and they got back to me right away (thanks Rittenhouse!!) the sketch is by Rick Stasi.

Posts: 20 | Location: Chula Vista, California | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
4 boxes received when these came out. I have only opened three of them yet Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
That joker is sweet Dance

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got a box and pulled the following sketch:

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I pulled these fantastic sketches from this release back when it was initially released, but I did not have the ability to scan them in until now.

I consider the Andy Price Scarecrow card the best comic-theme sketch I own. (Notice the body covered in the leaves!)

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
That scarecrow is pretty sweet!

For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Opened me up a box of this for the blog (full review is there).

Box Breakdown:

Complete Base Sets: 1 (plus extras)
1940 Gum Cards: 4 - BG1, BG2, BG4, BG9 (1:6 packs)
Dark Victory Cards: 2 - DV5, DV9 (1:12 packs)
Lenticular Cards: 1 - L2 (1:24 packs)
SketchaFEX Cards: 1 - Girl Robin, Marcelo Di Chiara (1:24 packs)

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Opened a box I pulled from Razor Ink Vault:

Inserts: L4, BG3, BG5, BG7, BG8, DV4 & DV6

and this Andy Price sketch, which I am quite fond of:

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Got a box for Christmas! Pulled this cool sketch!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
good one Jake Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 boxes and they yielded these goods.

Mad Hatter by Samicler

Batman by Rodriguez

For Her I Can Be A Hero!