Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Batman Archives (Rittenhouse 2008)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman Archives (Rittenhouse 2008)
 Login/Join

posted
Well I am glad that I bought a case of this even though it seems to have been under the radar. The Retro and Dark Victory chase sets are a bit underwhelming and are easy to complete. The Lenticular set is identical to what was done for DC Legacy, they look great! I pulled the exact number of chase for the stated odds. I was a bit dissappointed that I wasn't able to complete the Lenticular set though. It is a 9 card set, I have 4 doubles and am 1 short of a complete set. The sketches look amazing, the only hard part is going to be figuring out who the artists are since they are mostly new artists. Now for the goods, enjoy:

Retro Set:

Dark Victory Set:

Lenticular Set (minus L6):

Sketches:

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Great sketches Tevans,the lenticular cards look great too Thumb Up

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
The sketches are beautiful! Thumb Up I'm not usually into sketches because some card releases that have sketches have some that are awful- like a 5 year old drew them. Roll Eyes
Enjoy them!! Dance

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Nice set, I can't wait for mine to arrive. By the way, I will be doing a signature chart once I have sketches to scan. I will post the address once I fill it in.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddickfan:
The sketches are beautiful! Thumb Up I'm not usually into sketches because some card releases that have sketches have some that are awful- like a 5 year old drew them. Roll Eyes
Enjoy them!! Dance

Rittenhouse sketches are always first class. They appear to know what the collector wants hence they are also resisting going the way of stickers on autograph cards.

The sketches above are great and I'm sure the quality will be maintained throughout the release.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
The joker on the top left looks like he's going to pop out at you.Very nice!

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
great one, I can't wait to get my box.

Now the ebay hunt begins

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Fabulous sketches! All of a very high standard IMHO. Thumb Up

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
There was a lot of trepidation about the "unknown" artists in this set but it looks as though not only has the Rittenhouse high standard prevailed, there will be a whole bunch of new collectable favourites coming to the fore Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by riddickfan:
Enjoy them!! Dance

Rittenhouse sketches are always first class. They appear to know what the collector wants hence they are also resisting going the way of stickers on autograph cards.

The sketches above are great and I'm sure the quality will be maintained throughout the release.

I agree with you 100% Metal

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of secondsight
posted Hide Post
I so can't wait to get this set. Clap

Posts: 18 | Location: Taxachusetts | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Picking my order up on Sunday Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Looks beautiful so far.

Great pulls tevans333 !!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Picking my order up on Sunday Smile
Thought you would give this set a miss Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cheers, Graham!! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
Two cases worth of sketches....enjoy.

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Those are just stunning Eek .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done to RA for finding new talented artists Clap

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
I'm no sketch card expert, but I'm stunned that there isn't a below-average sketch amongst them!!! They're all exceptional IMHOClap

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes and I think 2 very nice sketches.

Another great release from RA.

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post