Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Mandalorian Season 1 (Topps, 2020)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Mandalorian Season 1 (Topps, 2020)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
This is a case break. Opened 2.5 cases today with other collectors and it seems consistent.

2+ base sets per case
48 Character Cards
60 Blue Parallel cards
21 Purple Parallel cards
12 Tools of Bounty Hunter
11 Concept Art
12 Aliens and Creatures
3 Art/Sketch cards, Acrylic painted of the Mandalorian by Ward Silverman, color sketch of baby Yoda by Mike Sealie and color sketch of Bossk by Adam Beck
1 Medallion card. Medallion looks like baby Yoda and featured Kuiil
9 Autograph Cards with one duo autograph. Mine was Gina Carano and Carl Weathers. One Bronze number 21 of 50 Bernard Bullen. One Red numbered 19 of 99 Chirs Barlett included in the 9.
1 Tools of Bounty Hunter numbered 10/25
1 Concept Art numbered 59/99
1 Gold base card 05/10
3 Bronze cards numbered to 50

Basically you need a case to put together the base set and subsets if you get lucky and don't pull any dupes. Fortunately, busting with another individual we were able to get everything traded over minus 1 card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I opened a box and here is what I received:

38 Base Cards
4 Character Cards
5 Blue Parallel cards
1 Purple Parallel cards
2 Tools of Bounty Hunter
1 Concept Art
1 Aliens and Creatures
1 Sourced Fabric Card
1 Autograph Card of Ryan Watson as a Beta Trawler.

The autograph was underwhelming. I liked the design of the cards. If anyone wants to trade, I'll trade my parallels for base cards.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:

38 Base Cards
4 Character Cards
5 Blue Parallel cards
1 Purple Parallel cards
2 Tools of Bounty Hunter
1 Concept Art
1 Aliens and Creatures
1 Sourced Fabric Card

The autograph was underwhelming. I liked the design of the cards. If anyone wants to trade, I'll trade my parallels for base cards.

We opened 2.5 cases and no Fabric cards were pulled. What numbers of blue and purple do you have?

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I have blue 34 40 86 92 98
Purple 40
Gold 67

I need a lot of base.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I opoened a blaster box today. Here is what I received:

39 base
8 Blue parallels
2 Purple parallels
6 Character cards
Concept Art CA-1
aliens & Creatures AC-3, AC-10
Tools of the Bounty HunterTB-1-
Tools of the Bounty Hunter Silver Parallel TB-3
Medallion Card M-JM Offworld Jawa

I was happy with this box and have 2 more on the way.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 blaster from Target.
10 packs, 6 cards each
1 medallion card - Moff Gideon 9/10
40 base, no dupes
6 Characters
2 Aliens & Creatures
1 Concept Art
1 Tools of BH
8 blue
2 purple

Overall grade B+/B
Pros: medallion design, base, wrapper & box design.
Cons: medallion parallels should be easy to distinquish, tin (hobby version) too expensive for just one guaranteed auto.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Steve, I have to agree with your feeling about the autograph. I took some time to look at some breaks and prices. These boxes are now going for about $140-150 but you get less than half a base set and you are more likely to pull an autograph worth less than $30 with that being the most valuable card in the box. It's true that if you have the extra money, a collector might be willing to roll the dice to see how it falls rather than spend $150 on something solid and be content that you took a shot, but that is quite a chasm between what you pay and what you are most likely to get.

However, if you got in early on a case and/or your price was less than $100, you were saved the sting of higher sticker price these days. A local store had boxes for $120 early this year and I was thinking of offering the owner $100 if I get some extra money, but I was there this week to get some supplies and noticed that he bumped the price up to $175. That prices me out of considering a purchase. The funny thing is I don't think he's sold a box yet - might be the same three boxes he had around Christmas.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:

38 Base Cards
4 Character Cards
5 Blue Parallel cards
1 Purple Parallel cards
2 Tools of Bounty Hunter
1 Concept Art
1 Aliens and Creatures
1 Sourced Fabric Card

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
These boxes are now going for about $140-150 but you get less than half a base set and you are more likely to pull an autograph worth less than $30 with that being the most valuable card in the box.

Jess

Hey Jess,

I feel the same way about the hobby boxes. I did want to sample a couple, but dropped it. I can't see where this should be more than an $80 box, especially since the packaging is so small. I'm really starting to question card buyer mentality when inflated box prices are not just accepted, but are actually bumped up over the SRP. Shake Head

It has to be driven by pure speculators looking for those two or three autographs or sketch worth selling. Card collectors want to keep those cards on the rare times they find them and can't possibly get anywhere near the value to cost comparison from an average box.

Just my own estimate but I think Star Wars related material, with their abundance of minor characters and constantly churning sets, have done more to undermine the card collecting base than any other title. Yet they are made because there is enough demand, even though card collectors are having hard time staying in the hobby with new products.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a box is just 7 packs of 8 cards so that's 56 cards for $150. I bought a box of Empire Strikes Back Widevision 3D for $55. I got a full base set with an okay sketch. I didn't really care if I got a valuable card because I like the set and I got it for what seemed like a good price these days, but with Mandalorian, you're really taking a bath if you get the autograph of some guy who got two lines in one episode because you can't even get close to a set with only 56 cards total in the box.

The base sets are going for $20-40 and a blue parallel set is going for about $100. For $150 you can get a regular base set and maybe even a Giancarlo Esposito autograph (going for $75-140) and still have enough to go out to lunch.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
These boxes are now going for about $140-150 but you get less than half a base set and you are more likely to pull an autograph worth less than $30 with that being the most valuable card in the box.

Jess

Hey Jess,

I feel the same way about the hobby boxes. I did want to sample a couple, but dropped it. I can't see where this should be more than an $80 box, especially since the packaging is so small. I'm really starting to question card buyer mentality when inflated box prices are not just accepted, but are actually bumped up over the SRP. Shake Head

It has to be driven by pure speculators looking for those two or three autographs or sketch worth selling. Card collectors want to keep those cards on the rare times they find them and can't possibly get anywhere near the value to cost comparison from an average box.

Just my own estimate but I think Star Wars related material, with their abundance of minor characters and constantly churning sets, have done more to undermine the card collecting base than any other title. Yet they are made because there is enough demand, even though card collectors are having hard time staying in the hobby with new products.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Star Wars community is quite avid and they mostly pay up for boxes and cases. The blaster boxes for Mando sold out quickly as well.

I am still looking for a few purples if anyone wants to trade.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Found a hobby box in the wild at slightly above suggested retail price and took a chance.
56 cards
41 base cards
5 blue parallel 8,15,29,42,58
2 purple parallel 78,83
1 concept art CA-1
1 aliens and creatures AC-9
1 Tools of the bounty Hunter TB-3
4 characters c1, c10, c11, c17
1 autograph A-ES Emily Swallow as The Armorer 20/25

Nice cards, like everyone I wish there was a base set but happy with what I got!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think you did great. You pulled an autograph of one of the recurring characters and you got the box for a lot less than the going-rate.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Found a hobby box in the wild at slightly above suggested retail price and took a chance.
56 cards
41 base cards
2 purple parallel 78,83
1 concept art CA-1

Nice cards, like everyone I wish there was a base set but happy with what I got!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I think you did great. You pulled an autograph of one of the recurring characters and you got the box for a lot less than the going-rate.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
56 cards
41 base cards
2 purple parallel 78,83
1 concept art CA-1

Met Emily last month, super nice and seemed to enjoy meeting the fans. Asked if she was going to return and she said she isn't allowed to say. Cool

Nice box, I really don't understand why her sig is so popular but it is and you got a low number. I am priced out of series 2 but there are about 5 autographs I hope will show up.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I have a few extra base if anyone needs any.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was in a local sports card shop that handles some non-sport. They want $250 for a box of this now. I guess he's just waiting for some tech millionaire to wander in and start pointing.