Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Michael Jackson (Panini)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Jackson (Panini)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted
While at my local Target, I spied a new gravity feed of the new Michael Jackson set from Panini. The back of the pack lists other "randomly inserted cards", but with no stated odds (I suppose that's as random as it gets):

Gold / Platinum / Diamond - (240 cards)
Number Ones Deluxe - (13 cards)
Black or White - (9 cards)
Charted Records Gold / Platinum - (10 cards)
Charted Records Diamond - (1 card)
Souvenir Cut - (1 card)
Eclectic Threads - (2 cards)
Eclectic Threads Combo - (1 card)
Televised Fashions - (5 cards)
Televised Fashions Combo - (1 card)
Jackson Live - (2 cards)
Jackson Live Combo - (1 card)
Sequins - (4 cards)

I've seen a number of the swatches up for auction. Good looking design, and some excellent fabric selections. Groovy stuff.

Despite not pulling a swatch card, I'm pleased with the overall look of the cards. The elegant filigree adorning the front and back of the cards, as well as the red foil, are fitting for a set commemorating the "king of pop".

My pulls out of 13 packs:

Number Ones Deluxe - Foil - (x2)
Top Tens (Gold Foil)
Base (Gold Foil) - (x2)
Achievements (x5)
Top Tens (x5)
Number Ones (x3)
Decades (x8)
Base (x39)

No duplicates.

This set will look perfect next to my Elvis sets.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, any chance of some scans?

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
How many base cards in the set or is the set a combination of the above listed cards?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good set...bought a couple packs myself.

How are the chase cards numbered?

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post