Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Wandavision (Upper Deck, 2023)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wandavision (Upper Deck, 2023)
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
The base cards are nice. Solid text on the back. 15 packs in a box 6 cards in a pack.
I got
57 base cards (No duplicates)
7 red parallel
7 purple parallel
1 green parallel card 21 #138/225
1 Sword prolie card sp-4 monica rambeau
4 welcome to Westview
7 we are an unusual couple cards
1 film cell 1950-5
1 we interrupt this program WE-6 (1 a case) hit of the box
86 cards. There was only 1 card along with the film cell in the pack which would account for being 4 cards short.
Did not get a 1 per box Suburban Synthezoid card

Overall I love the look of the set but the rarity of all the inserts, 2- 10 card 1 card per case set and second level of 10 acetate cards that are 1 every 3 cases would make this a nightmare for the common person to complete.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
What is the ratio for autographs, please?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

I think it is about 3 autographs per case.

Although I've heard that if you get a sketch you only get 2 autographs.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Too high, the majority of boxes in a case will not contain any autograph card. But remember that this is UD and they will be putting out ePacks for Wandavision in 90 days, give or take a few. Then the second wave of autograph cards will become available.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Watched a 3 case break with 8 autos and no sketches.

Then a card shop owner friend of mine sent me a photo of two autos from one box. Kat Dennings 43/49 and Paul Bettany 15/25

QA at UD = top notch.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
quote:

Watched a 3 case break with 8 autos and no sketches.

Then a card shop owner friend of mine sent me a photo of two autos from one box. Kat Dennings 43/49 and Paul Bettany 15/25

QA at UD = top notch.

Quality control mistakes at UD have only gone in one direction for me. I don't believe I've ever received an extra hit in one of their boxes, but I have gotten the duds. Big Grin

The other thing here is that, if bulk buyers know that only 3 boxes in a case will have an autograph or sketch in it at most, once they open those boxes, all other sealed boxes in the case can be sold without the risk of losing a bigger card. The next buyer doesn't know that naturally. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curiously with this product I noticed that one major dealer is charging $30 more for a box that they 'guarantee case fresh' -- which means that they bought the product direct from the manufacturer vs from another source.

I'm guessing they are doing this for other products too.

Seems like some sort of an acknowledgement that better boxes may not be available depending on where they are sourcing them from.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Curiously with this product I noticed that one major dealer is charging $30 more for a box that they 'guarantee case fresh' -- which means that they bought the product direct from the manufacturer vs from another source.

I'm guessing they are doing this for other products too.

Seems like some sort of an acknowledgement that better boxes may not be available depending on where they are sourcing them from.

Might as well call out DACW...

They buy distressed inventory, and as Raven noted you can cherry pick a case to some degree. So, if they get boxes from a retailer, they don't want to guarantee it's the same as what they got from UD direct.

Shady as all get out is what it is, but it's also being pretty honest about your inventory on the other hand. If you don't trust your inventory, it shouldn't be in your inventory.

You also have to wonder how they get all the Hits for their "Hit Parade" boxes, and if some of the non-guaranteed boxes come from breaking they have done.

Trust your source, and only buy from reputable dealers. Friendly dealers even Wave where possible.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I was the recipient of two boxes. Base cards combined gave me 72/90 with 42 duplicates.

Box 1

7 Red parallel
7 Purple parallel
1 Green parallel card 28 #120/225
2 S.W.O.R.D Profile cards sp-1 Scarlet Witch sp-6 White Vision
4 Welcome to Westview
6 We are an unusual couple
1 Film cell 1980-6 Wanda Maximoff
1 Agatha All Alone AAA1

Box 2

1 Autograph Kat Dennings PS-KD Luv You
7 Red parallel
7 Purple parallel
1 Green parallel card 58 #173/225
2 S.W.O.R.D Profile cards sp-3 Agatha Harkness sp-6 Pietro
4 Welcome to Westview
5 We are an unusual couple
1 film cell 1970-4 Monica Rambeau
1 Suburban Syntheoid WS-3

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was the recipient of two boxes. Base cards combined gave me 72/90 with 42 duplicates.

And that's why I haven't actively collected a new set in decades. Two boxes, at $200 plus, and still 20% short of a set.

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Box 2

Nice Pull, be interested to know if any of the parallels filled any of the missing base cards?

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Box 2

Nice Pull, be interested to know if any of the parallels filled any of the missing base cards?

Not really. I got the same base, red, purple and Numbered green Parallel in my box. I would only fill in 4 of the holes in my base set with the parallel cards I got in the box.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post