Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Avengers The Complete Collection: Set One (Unstoppable Cards. 2019)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Avengers The Complete Collection: Set One (Unstoppable Cards. 2019)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Box 1001 of 1,499 came to my door - here's what was inside:

One set of 54 base cards (This is a factory box set)
3 Autographs
Brian Jackson as Johnnie
Astor Sklair as Det. Sgt Rogers
Bernard Cribbins as Bardley Marler

Thoughts about the cards: I am not a super hero fan, so when I hear "The Avengers" I think of the British TV series. That said, this set of cards covers the first 2 seasons of the show, none of which I had ever seen. Honor Blackman as Kathy Gale appeared in the 2nd season and played a big role in making this show a big hit. The base cards are nicely done with clear b&w and a few color shots on the front and back, but no text other than a cryptic title on the front such as Holster, Lounging or Tied Up. 45 of the cards are like this, with 8 character cards and a Title card and Checklist.
I think when series 2 appears, The Emma Peel years, I should be able to recognize most of the scenes.
The autos are very nice on card signatures, one of mine was in blue ink and the others in black. The Jackson auto had some slight damage to one corner. I look forward to completing the series.

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Bernard cribbins is a nice auto to get

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I agree Hammer - I recognized him right away, I don't know the other 2 actors.

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post