Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek Deep Space Nine Heroes & Villains (Rittenhouse, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Deep Space Nine Heroes & Villains (Rittenhouse, 2018)
 Login/Join

Picture of Curler
posted
I just opened box 1807 of 4000.

I am really surprised to report that I did not get a base set out of the box. This is very unusual for a Rittenhouse product. I still need another 45 cards to finish the base set. Almost every base card that I did pull was in the box twice.

I did well on the chase cards:

1 metal base parallel, #20 numbered 40/75
3 Rules of Acquisition, RA10, RA18, RA30
1 Aliens, A5
1 Ships of the Line, SL35
1 Relationships, R12 numbered 40/75
1 Communicator Pin card, Kira Nerys numbered 65/90
Joseph Culp autograph (VL)
Jim Metzler autograph (L)
Susanna Thompson autograph (L)

The communicator pin card was a nice card to pull since the odds of pulling one of the two are 1:864 packs.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Is there No end to your good fortune although tough on the base set!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box of these yesterday at Chicago show. I was inspired by the box number - 0005 of 4000, thought that was a good sign.

Like Curler, I did not get a full set. I got 91 out of 100 cards. How does this happen?In the 90's I thought most companies had worked out a full base set per box guarantee. It's very rare to get a Rittenhouse box that does not hold a complete base set. Furthermore got 38 extras.

My inserts were better:
1 Metal base parallel 81, numbered 16/75
3 Rules of Acquisition
1 Aliens card
1 DVD Card
3 autos
Jim Metzler as Chris Brynner (L)
Barabara Bosson as Roana (VL)
Armin Shimerman asQuark/Max Grodenchik as Rom Double auto (ExLimited)

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I hope there is no end to my good fortune. Smile

I purchased a second box on Friday. This box didn't have a base set either. It was one card short. At least there was two of that card in the first box. Here is how the chase cards broke down:

1 metal base parallel, #33 numbered 12/75
3 Rules of Acquisition, RA19, RA20, RA32
1 Aliens, A6
1 Ships of the Line, SL30
1 Relationships, R5 numbered 61/75
Marc Alaimo as Gul Dukat autograph (EL)
Courtney Peldon autograph (VL)
Harris Yulin autograph (VL)

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
A couple of boxes

Autos
Bill Mumy
Vanessa Williams
Galyn Gorg
Felecia Bell (Mirror Universe Jennifer Sisko)
Shannon Cochran (Sirella)
Shannon Cochran (Kalita)

Rest
D4, CC2, SL36
A9,A2
RA 35, 21, 15, 11, 4, 3
Metal 88(62/75), 74 (73/75)
Both boxes had 1 base set

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Seems the new correlation works that the higher the chase card (rarity/total count), the fewer the base cards? Or are there just more duplicate base cards?

Some really great pulls though guys congrats Clap If anyone has chase photos to share please do. Drool

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Finally acquired a box cheap.

One hobby box, 24 packs, 6 cards each.

1 complete base set
7 extra base
1 A5 1:24
1 SL28 1:48
3 RA5,20,37 1:8
1 BP9 patch 1:144
1 metal #82
3 autos
Galyn Gorg - KSisko
Michael Canavan - Tamal VL
Wallace Shawn & Armin Shimermann DA4 EL Clap

Overall Grade: C+/C
Pros: Patch, auto designs, metal card
Cons: Chase odds like A, SL & RA should be more generous. No parallels?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post