Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Scooby Doo Mysteries and Monsters (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scooby Doo Mysteries and Monsters (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I just pulled a SK-7 William O'Neill out of the same box I pulled the Casey Kasem auto out of. The best $10 ever. I'm guessing the second box won't have anything in it at all. Awsome box.

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Bought (2) boxes from an online dealer - decided to open one & save one sealed. I opened the first and got no autos or sketches Frown

Then I decided to open the other since it probably had an auto or sketch - Frown

NOPE - two busted boxes

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear.
Hope you will have some better luck next time.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened the second box I had purchased: it had nothing in it. I'm not going to complain though, one box with a sketch of scooby and a kaseem auto and one box with nothing. I'm okay with that.

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lindegarde:
I opened the second box I had purchased: it had nothing in it. I'm not going to complain though, one box with a sketch of scooby and a kaseem auto and one box with nothing. I'm okay with that.

If you call or send an email Inkworks will probably take care of you.I've heard they are good to their customers. Thumb Up

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
but dosent it say that autos are in every 2boxes and sketches in every 3 boxes. i know its bad luck but i think he more than made up for it lol can you show the sketch?

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 cases fairly recently on sale from Inkworks and got 4 of the sketches below in each. I also bought another case or so before that, a few boxes at a time and ended up with about 4 more in that one.

They are 12 box cases. Usually, 4 boxes will have sketches in them, and one of those will also have an autograph card. 4 other boxes will usually have an autograph only. Finally, 4 boxes will usually not have a sketch or an autograph. Those are, in the modern parlance, "dud" boxes.

After making trades and Ebay buys, I've got a nice set with each member of the gang and even a monster (by DeLeon).

I hope someone drew Scooby-Dum although I've never seen one. I haven't seen any Scrappy Doo's and I hope none were made. (Even though I was a little kid, I knew even then the introduction of that lame character indicated the Scooby-Doo show was "jumping the shark" even though this was around the same time Fonzie was actually jumping the shark on "Happy Days". Puppy power, indeed!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Love that Tone Rodriguez sketch of Daphne!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Chesspiece would you please contact me re:your Daphne tone sketch? Have you seen any of the monster sketches? you should check out the inkworks site for pictures. I loved making a master set from my case breaks. Even pulled a possible 1/1 auto error (or so I was told by inkworks rep)of velma signed Nicole David David. Congrats on your pulls.

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ribeyespud, I really liked these cards and was very happy with my pulls. I read about your autograph error card before and agree that it is very cool.

Here's my Email: jdandns@hotmail.com

Best wishes!
Rudy

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddickfan:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lindegarde:

If you call or send an email Inkworks will probably take care of you.I've heard they are good to their customers. Thumb Up

If that were the case I have a whole lot to send - I've opened 4 boxes this year without 1 auto or sketch - but the odds were a bit odd, guaranteeing no hits in a single box - grrr ...

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a 12 box case of Scooby Doo Mysteries & Monsters and 4 single boxes.

First up, the 4 single boxes.

Here are the hits:

Nothing

Now, the 12 box case:

Casey Kasem auto
Tim Conway auto
Frank Welker auto
Nicole Jaffe David auto
Susan Blu auto
Tone Rodriguez Scooby Doo sketch
Dan Fraga Shaggy sketch
Dave Crosland Daphne sketch
Case Loader 1

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
ouch on the four boxes.

Funny case card Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice case -- love the Crosland sketch, let me know if it's available.

I broke 2 cases recently and they broke the same way -- 4 sketches, 3 autos . . .

Six dud boxes in the case -- 1 box in each case had both a sketch and an autograph.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's available.

quote:
Originally posted by jon@webjon.com:
Nice case -- love the Crosland sketch, let me know if it's available.

I broke 2 cases recently and they broke the same way -- 4 sketches, 3 autos . . .

Six dud boxes in the case -- 1 box in each case had both a sketch and an autograph.

Jon

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Love the sketch cards for this series! Jon, would you mind posting your sketch so we can enjoy them?

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
This weekend I had the chance to open a case. I love the sketches in this series. In my case I found 5 autographs and 3 sketches. Great set of cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batjay,

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love the Scooby in the barrel! Wish I had another case of these cards. Great card set!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice Case, Batjay!
Not only 3 fine sketches, but also the best 5 autographs in the set. Nothing against Susan Blu, the auto you didn't get, but she was just in one Scooby special.
Welker, David, Kenney and Kasem were cast members from the very start, and while Tim Conway only appeared briefly (like Susan Blu), he's a comedy legend, so I'm really glad they thought of him for the set. Funny guy!
Once again, nice cards. I love my own set of these (see my sketch set earlier in this thread).
I'm astonished there are still cases left to be opened!

posted Hide Post
WOW - I guess I got very lucky with my box. I got it inside of a 2009 Ink Vault box. I was very happy to get an auto and a sketch, and was looking to purchase a few more boxes.

I got a Heather North Kenney auto and a Velma sketch card very similar to the one in the last case break post.

Posts: 30 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post