Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Scooby Doo Mysteries and Monsters (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scooby Doo Mysteries and Monsters (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Batjay,

That Chynna sketch is to die for! Congratulations! What a great case!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great comments. I am really pleased with my pulls. The sketches were great. They remind of the watching the cartoons growing up. Good memories. The sketches in this set are so nice I might have to get another case. Big Grin

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
nice case break!

complete auto set!
Dan Fraga Shaggy (nearly identical to RL's) #229/277
William O'Neill Scooby #223/272
Dave Crosland ? sketch #245/284

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Not only did you get a Crosland sketch, you got one of the "Tiki God"...Monster sketches are rare, so great pull!

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ribeyespud:
Not only did you get a Crosland sketch, you got one of the "Tiki God"...Monster sketches are rare, so great pull!

Really? I didn't realize monster sketches were rare. . . I pulled three out of my three cases. . . a Tiki God looking guy, a Robot looking guy and a Clown. I was disappointed to not get main characters.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen many (if any) Fraga Shaggy's that weren't that design. Dan did at least face his Shaggy's in opposite directions, so if you get one of each, you can face them at each in your binder and it appears as though Shaggy's shock, (his "Zoiks!" if you will) comes from seeing his own doppelganger.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
I love the expression on Scooby. Scooby's tend to be my favorite sketches. Nice pull of the tiki god. Congrats on pulling a complete auto set.

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's a freshly cracked case of Scooby goodness. (Couldn't pass it up at the great price I was offered!)

Inkworks must've really taken a bath on this product since it is still pretty easily available to this day, and that's with a great sketch selection, on card autographs, and no redemption cards. It remains one of my favorite sets, and I still love collecting it.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice break. . . Inkworks certainly got some nice autos, and sketches for this set, I think if it would have been 1 hit per box they would have sold out. . . 3-4 hitless $50+ boxes out of a case at release kept me away from this product then. I've picked up some cases at recent prices though. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post