Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Iron Man (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Man (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted
1 case breakdown:

Autos:
Terrence Howard as Jim Rhodes
Faran Tahir as Raza (x2)
Shaun Toub as Yinsen
Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson

Costumes:
Too many to list!

Sketches:
Only two in my case. Frown
(But they look cool. I'll post scans later)

I'm a little bummed I didn't get any of the three autos I was hoping for (Downey, Bridges or Favreau), but other than that, I like this release.

I'll post full scans and a full set review later today.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
That doesn't sound too good so far, everyone cross their fingers.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:

Nope, that sounds about right.

There are 12 boxes per case and each box has two hits. The average I have heard is 4 autos, 3 sketches and 17 costume cards per case

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
Terrence Howard is a nice pull. Mine should be here tomorrow. I'll post when I can...

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
As promised, here are my two sketches:

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
There are 12 boxes per case and each box has two hits. The average I have heard is 4 autos, 3 sketches and 17 costume cards per case

Eek Yikes...I'm not digging the sound of that at all. Kinda glad I didn't go in for a case as I've got no real love for costume cards. I might just see if I can score a box or two at the Philly show this weekend.

And to mint: very nice Bukshot and Kong sketches! Hopefully I'll manage to pull something that nice if I can get my hands on a box or two.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you kjn.

Hope you pull a Downey Jr. auto AND a good sketch from your boxes!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Oh, and just in case anyone is curious about the two main autos for this series... I know someone who is breaking down many cases. He says the Robert Downey Jr. card is about 1 in 4 cases. The Jeff Bridges is about 1 in 5 cases.

Hopefully, RA will release an update set for this series (ala Spiderman 3) with a Robert Downey Jr. auto for the premium set. I can envision some nice prop/armor cards to compliment an update.

(I think I missed my calling in life. I shouldn't be doing TV network graphics, I should be designing card sets!)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:

Nope, that sounds about right.

I was not talking about the breakdown, but what was inside of the case. Downey, Jr 1 in 4 cases and Bridges 1 in 5 is terrible. There are only 7 autographs in the entire set.

Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Headless Horseman,

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Any idea who the artist is?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Haljordanfan,

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 boxes on the way to work and was able to bust them before I had to be in. No sketches this time around...

Box 1:
-Shaun Toub as Yinsen AUTO
-Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stone COSTUME

Box 2:
-Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark COSTUME
-Terrance Howard as Jom Rhodes COSTUME

I got to pick the boxes myself from the case so that was kind of cool. I dug to the bottom for the elusive Orange Sticker but no luck. The auto case card is really nice too bad my dealer wouldn't let me keep it. Razz I'm debating a 3rd box in hopes of a better Auto but my dealer is mad expensive so I might hold off for a bit...

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just cracked open a box during lunch and got the dreaded double-costume break Frown

Box #2741/9000

- 1 Pepper Potts costume (all black swatch)
- 1 Raza costume (camo swatch w/ seam)
- 1 Armored Hero insert (H1)
- 2 Casting Call inserts (CC3, CC4)
- 3 Archive Art inserts (AR1, AR6, AR9)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Well I finished my case and I ended up with:

4 Sketches
3 Autos (Terrance Howard was the highlight there)

Pics soon if I can figure out how to do it properly.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box 1

3 Archive Art inserts (AR1, AR3, AR3)
2 Casting Call inserts (CC1, CC9)
1 Armored Hero insert (H2)
1 Yinson Costume Vest
1 Yinson Costume Vest

Box 2

3 Archive Art inserts (AR5, AR5, AR6)
2 Casting Call inserts (CC2, CC8)
1 Armored Hero insert (H6)
1 Raza Costume Jacket
1 Stark Costume Shirt

Box 3

3 Archive Art inserts (AR2, AR4, AR4)
2 Casting Call inserts (CC1, CC7)
1 Armored Hero insert (H5)
1 Pepper Potts Bustier
1 Jeff Bridges Auto

The Bridges auto was in the last pack of the 3rd box.

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Blakely
posted Hide Post
The Bridges auto was in the last pack of the 3rd box.
quote:

Very nice pull!! Wish I could be so lucky Clap

Posts: 9 | Location: Portland, Oregon | Registered: April 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I think the I know 3. Gabriel Hernandez, Jason Sobol & Brian Kong. I'm not sure of the top right though.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
I think the I know 3. Gabriel Hernandez, Jason Sobol & Brian Kong. I'm not sure of the top right though.

That would be Tom Hodges.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:

That would be Tom Hodges.

Thank you!

Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
here is the one case i opened

I think i did pretty darn well.

Downey Auto
Favreau Auto
Obadiah Tie
Pepper bustier

for a total of 6 autos
15 costumes
and these 3 sketches

The scan can not even begin to do justice to the Justin Chung card.

I seemed to beat the odds with this case, however i did not complete a armored hero set or casting call set! so i will be posting in the trade 1990-present section to trade for what i need.

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post