Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Iron Man (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Man (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Box numbers 4012 and 8987

Archives: 1*2, 6*2 and 9*2 very disappointed about this.
Casting Call:1,2,4 and 5
Armored: 1 and 8

jacket
shirt

Brian Kong
J Sobol

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that was to stop a spoiler being shown for the end of the film

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box of these at the Philly show this past weekend.

Armored Hero: H3
Casting Call: CC1 & CC9
Iron Man Archive: AR2, AR3, & AR4
Auto: Faran Tahir as Raza
Costume Card: Tony Stark shirt

Cards look very nice. Was definitely glad I pulled an auto and not two costume cards.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's my case break:

Autographs
4 of 7 (with one dupe, so 5 in all)
Robert Downey Jr. (w/ very clean and legible sig!) Smile
Shaun Toub
Clark Gregg
Faran Tahir X2 (will trade this for Bridges, Favreau, and Howard AUTOS and I'll have the whole set. Any takers? haha)

Sketches
4 (3 of the Comic variety and 1 of the Movie kind). Artists are Kong, Graham, Tolibao, and Wilson, and all are cool. Cool

Costume
Got 17 Cards (but only 16 of 17 different). I did get 3 Jeff Bridges cards in all, but 2 were of the same shirt. If one of those had been the tie, I would've made a full set, but my case apparently took the "Very Limited" status of that card to heart!

Armored Hero
Complete set of 9 plus 3 dupes (#'4-6). Very pretty cards.

Casting Call
24 Cards (2 full nine-card sets with 6 of 9 towards another)

Iron Man Archives
36 cards comprising 4 complete 9 card sets. Quite reminiscent of RA's Complete Avengers base cards.

Base Sets
18 complete 70 card sets with a small stack of extras left over. Someone mentioned the oddity of the base set being 70 cards as opposed to 72. Based on my little "dupes" pile with has about 20 extra copies of both the #1 & #39 card, I would say those cards were Double-Printed (or perhaps more) on each sheet. Not sure why these two cards, but at least they are cool images, 2 of the best looking base cards in the set which is solid, but probably somewhat handcuffed by not being able to show many of the more action packed moments from the film, most likely for spoiler reasons.

If you get a case, expect 4-5 of the boxes to be double costumes only. 2 of my boxes had 3 "hits", including the Downey and the limited Pepper bustier in one of them, so I got 26 premium cards in all, plus the signed Lieber case topper, a nice companion to Roy Thomas and Denny O'Neil from earlier sets.

A nice set overall, very similar to RA's X-men 3 set in chase content if you let the costume cards replace a chunk of the larger autograph series from X-Men 3. Also, while X-Men advertised 1-2 sketches per case, Iron Man seems to have 3 to 5 per, based on early breaks including mine.

I'm actually an autograph collector so for my part, I would have liked a more even split between AU's and Costumes, say 12 of each, or even a combo card or two featuring signed costumes, but all in all, no complaints.

Thanks, Rittenhouse, for yet another release that shows respect to the license and the collector.
Dare I say, it's another one for the "Archives'!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Got one box and pulled a Sarah Wilkinson full color fantastic sketch card and a Jeff Bridges shirt card with white and several different colors stripes in it, My son has the card with him but if your interested you can go to the SCIFIHOBBY.com webb site and look at the Wikinson sketch page its the one on the Sheet 5 bottom row middle, Iam not sure what its supposed to be but it is THE BEST CARD I HAVE SEEN HAND DRAWN!! real awesome and it shows she has real talent!!! THANKS SARAH!

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Servo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
Got one box and pulled a Sarah Wilkinson full color fantastic sketch card and a Jeff Bridges shirt card with white and several different colors stripes in it, My son has the card with him but if your interested you can go to the SCIFIHOBBY.com webb site and look at the Wikinson sketch page its the one on the Sheet 5 bottom row middle, Iam not sure what its supposed to be but it is THE BEST CARD I HAVE SEEN HAND DRAWN!! real awesome and it shows she has real talent!!! THANKS SARAH!

It's a sketch of Fin Fang Foom, an alien dragon from the comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_Fang_Foom

Posts: 99 | Location: UK | Registered: April 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting 2 boxes for fun hoping to hit a nice sketch. Didn't pull a sketch but I still did pretty good.

Box #6743

Iron Man Archives- AR2, AR3, AR4
Casting Call- CC1, CC2
Armored Hero- H8
Costume Card- Tony Stark shirt costume
Autograph Card- Jon Favreau

Box # 5783

Iron Man Archives- AR1, AR6, AR9
Casting Call- CC1, CC9
Armored Hero- H3
Costume Card- Raza Olive Jacket
Autograph Card- Jeff Bridges Very Limited

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Adding scans...

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I picked up a binder and 2 boxes at the Philly show last weekend, but am just getting around to posting my breakdown. Very nice set. I unfortunatley did not pull a sketch though, but that's just the luck of the draw I guess.

Box #2596/9000
Base Sets: 1
Casting Call: CC3, CC7
Archives: AR2, AR3, AR4
Armored Hero: H6
Costume: Terrence Howard as Jim Rhodes (shirt)
Autograph: Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson

Box #4626/9000
Base Sets: 1
Casting Call: CC2, CC4
Archives: AR1, AR6, AR9
Armored Hero: H4
Costume: Shaun Toub as Yinsen (Vest) & Farrar Tahir as Raza (Jacket)

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
My four boxes finally arrived at me up north, and between wiping my nose and caughing myself senseless I ripped them open Smile With four boxes I was hoping for at least one auto and one sketch!

I got the one auto but no sketches, so I guess that means I`ll try to get hold of a couple more boxes!

And with my order I also received this:

I just had to have one Big Grin

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How you know if the Pepper Pots costume card is a piece of the bustier or from her shirt??? Confused

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
the image on the cards are unique.. so if you do a quick search on some auction site(s), you'll see which the difference..

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Picked up box #5777 at the show yesterday.Here are the goods

Armored Hero #8
Casting Call 1 and 2
Archives 2,3 and 4

Jeff Bridges Costume

Terrence Howard Costume

Thanks for the look.

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought about 4.5 boxes

4 base sets
4 Sketch - Tom Hodges, Brian Denham,Kevin Graham,Cat Staggs
1 Auto - T. Howard
15 AR cards
8 Costume
8 Casting Calls
6 Armored Heroes

The Cat Staggs is a really great sketch card.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
4 sketch cards by opening 4.5 boxes......boy, you beat the odds with that!! Thumb Up
Oh, and lets see some scans!!!

And watchers of watchers - Sweet sketch by Wilkinson!! Thumb Up Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really suck at loading images so if you go to the url below - these are 3 out of the 4, missing the Graham sketch.

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/gazellemel

Out of the 4 sketches I really only like the Staggs. Wish I'd gotten the RD jr auto. Now that would have been a dream pull.
Instead I got tons of AR cards and 3 Leslie Bibb costumes.

oh well....

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Box 1:
=====
1 Base Set
1 Armored Hero H6
1 Autograph Jon Favreau
2 Casting Call CC6,7
1 Costume Tony Stark Shirt
3 Iron Man Archive AR1,6,9
0 Sketch

Box 2:
=====
1 Base Set
1 Armored Hero H1
0 Autograph
2 Casting Call CC5,6
2 Costume Raza Olive Jacket, Tony Stark Pants
3 Iron Man Archive AR5,7,8
0 Sketch

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
I got these from me box

Costume Cards
Terrence Howard as Jim Rhodes (USAF Dress Shirt)

SketchaFEX Sketch Cards
Brian Denham 158 "Iron Man Face"

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Box 3:
=====
1 Base Set
1 Armored Hero H2
0 Autograph
2 Casting Call CC8,9
1 Costume Pepper Potts Bustier (Limited)
3 Iron Man Archive AR7,8,9
1 Sketch Hernandez

Box 4:
=====
1 Base Set
1 Armored Hero H3
0 Autograph
2 Casting Call CC6,7
2 Costume Jim Rhodes Blue Shirt, Jeans
3 Iron Man Archive AR3,4,5
0 Sketch

Box 5:
=====
1 Base Set
1 Armored Hero H1
0 Autograph
2 Casting Call CC4,5
1 Costume Yinsen Vest
3 Iron Man Archive AR1,6,9
1 Sketch Kong

Box 6:
=====
1 Base Set
1 Armored Hero H2
0 Autograph
2 Casting Call CC1,2
1 Costume Pepper Potts Jacket
1 Sketch Gould

Box 7:
=====
0 Base Set (missing 3 cards)
1 Armored Hero H3
0 Autograph
2 Casting Call CC3,4
1 Costume Tony Stark Shirt
3 Iron Man Archive AR1,2,6
1 Sketch Kong

Box 8:
=====
1 Base Set
1 Armored Hero H5
1 Autograph Shaun Toub
2 Casting Call CC7,8
1 Costume Obadiah Stane Blue Shirt
0 Sketch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: venom5liter,

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlca:
How you know if the Pepper Pots costume card is a piece of the bustier or from her shirt??? Confused

The bustier card is a metallic blue fabric while the shirt I believe is cloth.

I have bought 16 total boxes, but not a full case (meaning, boxes from other cases).

I have pulled:

Six autos, including two Favreaus from one box (only time I've seen that) and the big one - Robert Downey! I sent it back to Rittenhouse for replacement as it was damaged.

Five sketches - Buckshot, Grant Gould, Jim Kyle and Brian Denham (x2)

34 Costume cards, the most notable were Obadiah Stane's tie and Pepper Potts' bustier.

The prices on boxes have dropped, so I'm looking into getting a full case to break.

Posts: 75 | Location: Planet Toronto | Registered: September 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post