Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Bronze Age (Rittenhouse Archives, 2012)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Bronze Age (Rittenhouse Archives, 2012)
 Login/Join

posted
Opened 1 case:

Shanna by Michael Sta. Maria; Blade the Vampire Hunter by Mark Dos Santos;
Moonstone by Rhiannon Owens; Scarlet Witch / Black Cat by Anthony Tan; Arcade by Butch Mapa;
Juggernaut by JC Fabul; Magneto by Lui Antonio; Medusa by Jon Hughes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellcat by Marc Nguyen; Spiderman / Black Cat by Alex Magno; Cyclops by Leeahd Goldberg;
6 Panel Puzzle of Spiderman and Venom by Jomar Bulda

This message has been edited. Last edited by: floater,

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
The sketch by Mark Dos Santos is of Blade the Vampire Hunter the way that he looked when he was introduced during the Bronze Age.

The Spider-Man/Venom puzzle sketch I believe is by Jomar Bulda.

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Robert!

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up an Archive box a couple of weeks ago which finally made its way through Customs yesterday. These are the sketches I pulled in the order they came out of the box:

Spider Woman by Apriyadi Kusbiantoro, Luke Cage by Al de Stefano, The Vision by Norman Jim Faustino
Bullseye by Chris Moreno, Kitty Pride by Danielle Gransaull, Shang-Chi by Adam Cleveland
Thor Spider Woman and Mr Fantastic by Anthony Tan, Bullseye by J David Lee, Namor by Jomar Bulda

Shang Chi and Iron Fist by Mary Bellamy, Guardian by Cezar Razek, Spiderman by Mauro Fodra
Iron Fist by Rodjer Goulart, Nightcrawler by Mauricio Dias, Silver Surfer by John Jackman
Captain Marvel by Dan Borgonos, Colossus by Rich Molinelli, Spidermand and Sandman by Raimundo Nonato

Spiderman by Chris Foreman, Captain Marvel aka Photon by Irma 'Aimo' Ahmed, Dark Pheonix by Alex Magno
Human Torch by Lui Antonio, Moon Knight by Albert Morales, Mockingbird by Kristen Allen
Black Bolt by Marc Nguyen, Thor and Hulk by Jake Sumbing, Invisible Woman by Caio Majado

Human Torch by Rodrigo Dos Santos, Misty Knight by Arie Monroe, Sauron, Storm and Cyclops by Daniel HDR

If anyone can help out with the three Unknown artists, I would appreciate it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The last unknown is Daniel HDR

The Mockingbird is Kristin Allen

I believe the Iron Fist is Rodjer Goulart

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
The character you identified in the row between Spider-Man and Dark Phoenix as Misty Knight is actually Monica Rambeau, the second Captain Marvel aka Photon.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by floater:
Opened 1 case:

Shanna by Michael Sta. Maria; Blade the Vampire Hunter by Mark Dos Santos;
Moonstone by Rhiannon Owens; Scarlet Witch / Black Cat by Anthony Tan; Arcade by Butch Mapa;
Juggernaut by JC Fabul; Magneto by Lui Antonio; Medusa by Jon Hughes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The card in the centre by PJT is Electra/Black Cat.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
The last unknown is Daniel HDR

The Mockingbird is Kristin Allen

I believe the Iron Fist is Rodjer Goulart
Thanks for those Chuck Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
The character you identified in the row between Spider-Man and Dark Phoenix as Misty Knight is actually Monica Rambeau, the second Captain Marvel aka Photon.
D'oh, thanks for pointing that one out. I still have the issue of The Avengers where she put in her first appearance too Twak

Picture of MARKPERRY2000
posted Hide Post
About to open my box now, came in the mail today...wish me luck on some great pulls.

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MARKPERRY2000
posted Hide Post
Okay here's my pulls from Marvel: Bronze Age box...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MARKPERRY2000,

Posts: 43 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Anthony Tan's work is always a good artist to pull from a pack. Thanks for posting. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I have 3 cases still to arrive (USPS managed to take two weeks to sort within the NY centre) but today my case arrived from a goofy deal six months ago.

Vision - Hernawan / Iron Man - Stefano (VL) / The Leader - Banks (EL)
Celestial - Jackman (EL) / Ghost Rider - Battalene / Avengers cover - HDR (EL)

Nomad - Treece (EL) / Iceman - Nonato (L) / Yellow Jacket - Magno (L)
Oracle - Lee (L) / Storm - Allen

So I get to the last box. Nice break (favourite is the HDR Avengers) but nothing I particularly collect, and then I open the first pack and realise why the pack felt odd, all parallel cards. That's right, I got one of the mini archive boxes Elephant - here are the sketches.

Nomad and Punisher - Sumbing (EL) / Spider Woman - Kusbiantoro (L) / Cyclops - Majado (VL)
Spiderman (black) - Borgonos (VL) / Thing & Spiderman - Fodra (L)

The mini archive box had all the chase sets, which was great because the bronze cards didn't break properly in the rest of the case. I have to congratulate Rittenhouse on the parallel break though, the other 11 boxes in the case delivered a full set of 81.

I like the set. It's probably my last big Marvel buy though. Now that DC sets are being produced regularly, I will probably drop back to 1 case and only for specific releases.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Opened three boxes today (one to come later)

Nightcrawler by Caio Majado

Storm by Arie Monroe

Black Cat by Arie Monroe

Love the two Monroe sketches. They work really well together with the black and white backgrounds.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
I treated myself to a box of these for Christmas. Here's my sketch --

Punisher vs Wolverine by Mauro Fodra

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a box for x-mas and pulled a Jayson Kretzer sketch(EL) of cyclops and pheonix.

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
I have 3 cases still to arrive (USPS managed to take two weeks to sort within the NY centre) but today my case arrived from a goofy deal six months ago.

Vision - Hernawan / Iron Man - Stefano (VL) / The Leader - Banks (EL)
??? - Jackman (EL) / Ghost Rider - ??? / Avengers cover - HDR (EL)

Nomad - Treece (EL) / Iceman - Nonato (L) / Yellow Jacket - Magno (L)
Oracle - Lee (L) / Storm - Allen

So I get to the last box. Nice break (favourite is the HDR Avengers) but nothing I particularly collect, and then I open the first pack and realise why the pack felt odd, all parallel cards. That's right, I got one of the mini archive boxes Elephant - here are the sketches.

Nomad and Punisher - Sumbing (EL) / Spider Woman - Kusbiantoro (L) / Cyclops - Majado (VL)
Spiderman (black) - Borgonos (VL) / Thing & Spiderman - Fodra (L)

The mini archive box had all the chase sets, which was great because the bronze cards didn't break properly in the rest of the case. I have to congratulate Rittenhouse on the parallel break though, the other 11 boxes in the case delivered a full set of 81.

I like the set. It's probably my last big Marvel buy though. Now that DC sets are being produced regularly, I will probably drop back to 1 case and only for specific releases.

That is a Celestial by Jackman.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:

That is a Celestial by Jackman.

thanks and updated

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Where are all the breaks? Anyway, lots of stuff arrived today. Here is my second case - I'm very happy with the break. Any ideas on artists or characters would be great.

Fontanez - Aurora / Texiera - Elektra / Chandler - cover recreation
Rodriguez - Kingpin / Bui - Nova / Acar - Capt America

Sumbing - Ghost Rider and Dr Strange / Magno - Hulk / Silva - Adam Warlock
Lagunsad - FF / Zapata - Man Wolf / Majado - Wolverine

Here's the sketches from the other boxes I have opened.

Foreman - Invisible Woman / Gonzalez - Cloak / Hennemann - Thor
Morales - White Tiger / Kohse - Wolverine / Geneta - Iron Man

Antonio - Vision / San Juan - Iron Fist / HDR - cover recreation
Correa - Daredevil / Streb - Adam Warlock / Soloud - Binary

There's some fabulous sketches here. I have been wanting a Ghost Rider sketch and the Sumbing is excellent. I collect Daredevil and I really like the Silva, and the Lagunsad sneaks in as a team sketch. Of the ones I'm not keeping, the Texiera and the Streb really stand out as well as the cover recreations and the Geneta. It's also the first time I've ever pulled an Acar sketch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
The sketch next to the Magno Hulk is of Adam Warlock w/ the High Evolutionary in the background.
The wolf guy in the next row is Man-Wolf, an alter ego of John Jameson (JJJ's son).
The guy in the white costume next to the Wolverine sketch is the White Tiger.
And the mystery dude in the bottom row is once again Adam Warlock.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post