Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Pieces of the Past 2018

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/8307090196

February 03, 2019, 06:04 PM
Raven
Pieces of the Past 2018
Busted 2 boxes of the 2018 Pieces of the Past Antiquity Edition just to see what was in them.

Boxes had 7 base cards each and 4 hits. The base is 200 cards, so that alone will keep you busy. Cards are made to look "antiqueish", lots of old paintings and brown photos and borders. They cover everyone from Bach to Pasteur to da Vinci to Kit Carson to Henry Clay. You get the idea, anyone historical.

The hits are relic cards with bits of newspapers, paper in general, vintage postage stamps and also autographs. The autos are probably very rare, I got none of those.

What I got: In The News - Press clippings
Donald Trump
Amelia Earhart
Richard Nixon
John F. Kennedy

Relic - Paper, no idea from what
William Fargo
John Hancock

Stamp On Our Past - Postage Stamp
Mount Rushmore 3 cent stamp
Declaration of Independence 13 cent stamp

I would think stamp collectors would like this stuff. Would have loved to pull an autograph, but probably long odds on anyone good. Paper bits are a nice touch, but not the most attractive cards.

Seems nice if you are into the history cards, but not much text. If you think you're interested you know it. Big Grin
February 04, 2019, 01:21 PM
TC00
Nice breaks. Looked up these cards. The designs weren't really astounding but I liked the autograph and Stamps cards. Thanks for sharing.
February 04, 2019, 03:35 PM
Raven
Yeah I got these boxes cheap, they must not have sold well somewhere. The thing about the hit cards is that they don't have cut-outs or windows. The postage stamps and newspaper clips or document snips seem to be just pasted to the area on the card. They really should be mounted, as in a window.

Also the cards say to go to the website to see the original documents the paper came from, but I couldn't identify the document for either relic card of Fargo or Hancock, and the pieces themselves are mainly blank paper.

The autograph cards may have been better made, but I don't have one, so can't say. I think the idea has merit, but I suspect most people would find what they actually get underwhelming.