Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Walking Dead Season 1 (Cryptozoic, 2011)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 1 (Cryptozoic, 2011)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
First Case

Autos
A5 (Steven Yeun)
A7 (Chandler Riggs)
A8 (Chandler Riggs)
A9 (Emma Bell)
A10 (Emma Bell)
A11 (Lennie James)
A12 (Lennie James)
A13 (Michael Rooker)
A15 (IronE Singleton)
A16 (IronE Singleton)
A17 (Norman Reedus)
A18 (Norman Reedus)

Memorabilia Cards (ended up with 25 - one box had 3 in it)
M1 (Rick)
M2 (Lori)
M3 (Lori) x2
M4 (Carl)
M5 (Shane) x2
M6 (Shane) x2
M7 (Glenn)
M8 (Andrea) x2
M10 (Dale)
M11 (Daryl)
M12 (Military Walker) x2
M13 (Deer Eating Zombie) x2
M14 (Walker) x2
M15 (Walker) x2
M16 (Walker) x2
M17 (Walker)

Sketch Card
Carl by Gabby Untermayerova

Inserts
Walking Dead/Walkers - 5 complete sets, 2 extras
Behind the Scenes - 2 complete sets, 5 extras

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just opened a case. Pretty disappointed. You'll see why when you read the breakdown.

Autographs:
A1 Shane (A)
A5 Glenn (A) x2
A6 Glenn (B) x2
A7 Carl (A)
A8 Carl (B)
A12 Morgan (B)
A13 Merle (A) x2
A14 Merle (B)
A17 Daryl (A)

FOUR Freaking Glenn Autographs and not one Amy or T-Dog? Come on there has got to be better collation on the autographs.

Costumes:
M1 (x2)
M3
M4 (x2)
M5 (x2)
M6
M7
M8 (x2)
M10 (x2)
M11
M12 (With Piece of velcro in swatch)
M13
M14 (x2)
M15 (x3)
M16 (x2)
M17

So Missing M2 and M9 for a complete costume set. 17 costumes with 24 costume hits per case I would think you would make a costume set from a case, I thought wrong.

But the biggest let down of my case? NO FREAKING SKETCH. I just went back through every single card to see if it stuck to a card or something...nope. No sketch. The cards look amazing, but the collation and the missing hit really turned this case break sour for me. I'm guessing since the odds are just approximate there is nothing I can do about the missing sketch?

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No M9 in either case posted. Is this a short print?

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would assume so. Just based on the size of the actress, the shirt used in the card is much smaller than any of the male wardrobe

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
But the biggest let down of my case? NO FREAKING SKETCH. I just went back through every single card to see if it stuck to a card or something...nope. No sketch. The cards look amazing, but the collation and the missing hit really turned this case break sour for me. I'm guessing since the odds are just approximate there is nothing I can do about the missing sketch?

I would definitely contact Crypto about that. You should have gotten one.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Second Case

Autos
A1 (Jon Bernthal) this card has a crease on the back Frown
A5 (Steven Yeun)
A6 (Steven Yeun) x2
A7 (Chandler Riggs)
A8 (Chandler Riggs)
A9 (Emma Bell)
A11 (Lennie James)
A15 (IronE Singleton)
A16 (IronE Singleton)
A17 (Norman Reedus)
A18 (Norman Reedus)

Memorabilia Cards
M1 (Rick)
M2 (Lori)
M3 (Lori)
M4 (Carl)
M5 (Shane) x2
M6 (Shane) x2
M7 (Glenn) x2
M8 (Andrea)
M9 (Amy)
M11 (Daryl)
M12 (Military Walker) x2
M13 (Deer Eating Zombie) x2
M14 (Walker) x2
M15 (Walker)
M16 (Walker) x2
M17 (Walker) x2

Sketch
Walker by George Deep (middle piece of a 3-card puzzle)

Inserts
Walking Dead/Walkers - 5 complete sets, 3 extras
Behind the Scenes - 2 complete sets, 6 extras

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miss Lizzy,

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Autos:
A-7 x3
A-8
A-9
A-11 x2
A-12
A-13
A-15
A-16
A-17

Wardrobe Cards:
M-1 x3
M-2
M-3 x3
M-5
M-7
M-8 x3
M-9
M-10
M-11
M-12
M-13 x2
M-14
M-15 x2
M-16 x2
M-17

Great color sketch by Gabby Untermayerova:

Overall happy with the results, but it was a bit of a let down to only get 9 different autos out of 16, I think that's something Cryptozoic will look to correct in the future, as it's only it's secong trading card release. The quality of the cards was great, looking forward to future cards from Cryptozoic!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

but it was a bit of a let down to only get 9 different autos out of 16,

I think you are only supposed to get 12.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

but it was a bit of a let down to only get 9 different autos out of 16,

I think you are only supposed to get 12.

So far they are all getting 12 autographs, but there are doubles and triples reported, which is a packing problem.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I got 12 autos, but only 9 different out of 16. Distribution could be better, but I've already got my dupes up on the trading section so if everyone is having the same issues trading is the way to go.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My case results:

Costume cards
M2
M3X2
M4
M5X3 (that's right three of these)
M6X2
M7X2
M8
M10
M11
M12
M13
M14X2
M15X2
M16X2
M17X2

The autos I pulled were

A1
A5
A6
A10
A11
A12
A13
A14
A15
A16

That's right...shorted two autos, but hey no doubles.

My sketch was Carl by wu wei.

Very disappointed in this release, and a very poor start to Cryptozoic's venture into non sports cards. Not only was I shorted two autos, but it was hard not to feel like I was pulling the same costume card over and over again because hey that's what I was doing. My sketch card was pretty nice and I was happy that I pulled both Morgan and Glenn autos, but for the most part it wasn't a great experience.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Third Case

Autos
A1 (Jon Bernthal)
A2 (Jon Bernthal)
A5 (Steven Yeun)
A6 (Steven Yeun)
A7 (Chandler Riggs)
A8 (Chandler Riggs)
A9 (Emma Bell)
A11 (Lennie James)
A12 (Lennie James)
A14 (Michael Rooker)
A15 (IronE Singleton)
A16 (IronE Singleton)

Memorabilia Cards (1 box was missing a costume card)
M1 (Rick)
M3 (Lori) x2
M4 (Carl)
M5 (Shane) x2
M6 (Shane)
M7 (Glenn) x2
M8 (Andrea)
M9 (Amy)
M10 (Dale)
M11 (Daryl)
M12 (Military Walker)
M13 (Deer Eating Zombie)
M14 (Walker) x2
M15 (Walker) x2
M16 (Walker) x2
M17 (Walker) x2

Sketch Card
Walker by Victor Rodriguez

Inserts
Walking Dead/Walkers - 5 complete sets, 3 extras
Behind the Scenes - 2 complete sets, 7 extras

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I got 12 autos, but only 9 different out of 16. Distribution could be better, but I've already got my dupes up on the trading section so if everyone is having the same issues trading is the way to go.

Have to agree - you would expect to get 12 different auto's with 16 Listed

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

But that assumes that all 16 cards were made in the same quantity, which is probably not a good assumption. No different that the breaks on a Rittenhouse case where some of the autos are more limited and the common ones you duplicates of.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of yorkbag
posted Hide Post
I sure hope Smallville is better and draws more happiness.....those are the cases I'm holding out for!!

Posts: 33 | Location: SoFla | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I stopped by a local monthly card show today and much to my surprise they had boxes of The Walking Dead. I decided to get 2 for fun.

Box 1

Autograph- A8 Chandler Riggs
Costumes- M8 Laura Holden as Andrea. M15 Walker

Box 2

Autograph- A5 Steven Yeun
Costumes- M4 Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes, M8 Laura Holden as Andrea

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
But that assumes that all 16 cards were made in the same quantity, which is probably not a good assumption. No different that the breaks on a Rittenhouse case where some of the autos are more limited and the common ones you duplicates of.

Ed

Most people are reporting pulling multiple A-5 and A-6's, I didn't get one but got three A-7's. It may be true for some cards, maybe A-1 and A-2, which seem a bit tougher, but overall the others seem to be out there in fairly equal amounts. Distribution of cards within cases could have been better.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Ed

Still would have thought that this should have been better - triples of 1 and none of 7 others is poor, basically this case only had 56% of the Auto's in the set. Other case pulls have 11 or 12 different or 10/10 on the shorted case, so 9 is poor.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Looking forward to receiving my boxes. I will post breaks here once I have them and I will post my doubles in he trades section.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
I've just got the 1 box at the moment, which is getting dispatched tomorrow Big Grin

So will report with the 1 box results. Not much I know compared to cases!

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post