Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Walking Dead Season 1 (Cryptozoic, 2011)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 1 (Cryptozoic, 2011)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow601:
Tattoox Wow great job getting a sketch out of only two boxes! Also means you've got yourself a trusted dealer as sounds like they don't cherry pick boxes they sell.
Still waiting on my two boxes, hopefully I have the same luck as you,

I didn't go through a dealer that breaks boxes. I believe that's what you're implying that some dealer do....break boxes from a case until they find a sketch and then move on.

Good luck with your boxes.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
anyone seen a break down of the sketch cards per artist ??

or how many cases they made up ??

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Bought one box out of curiosity:

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Thats not a bad pull you got yourself!

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
My box yielded Emma Bell as Amy(Non-screaming version) and two walker costume cards - M14 & M15. Kind of underwhelmed by my double-walker pulls...

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
I'd be pretty bummed at that too to be honest Frown

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I'm not impressed by the walker costume cards either, besides the Greg Nicotero one, the choices seemed kind of flat IMHO.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
One of my buyers backed out of a sale, so I had 3 boxes left over. Decided to open them:

Box 1
Auto: A13 (Michael Rooker)
Costumes: M8 (Andrea), M12 (Military Walker)
Inserts: W02, W03, W06, W09, C03, C05

Box 2
Auto: A16 (IronE Singleton)
Costumes: M6 (Shane), M17 (Walker)
Inserts: W01, W04, W05, W08, C07, C08

Box 3
Auto: A10 (Emma Bell)
Costumes: M10 (Dale), M17 (Walker)
Inserts: W02, W03, W06, W09, C03, C05

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Thats a good pull!

Good costume cards too, I was hoping for Andrea in mine. Just holding out luck for bids now Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes

M02

M03

M10

M16

A6

A2

Plus W01-W07, W09 & C01, C02, C03, C09

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
opened 2 boxes tonight finally! Sadly, they weren't the greatest of samplings for the set.

Box 1: 23 packs (yes really 1 short). 1 costume card (walker)

Box 2: 24 packs- 1 auto (Lennie A12) & 1 costume card (shane)

On the bad collation front, only 1 base set made between the 2 boxes. Missing more than 12 cards for a 2nd set. More than 9 cards were badly miscut as well.

Pure stupid luck, all the chase cards doubled up between the 2 boxes lol

The cards look nice! I've sent an email to the info/customer service address on Crypto's website. Hopefully I hear something back and they can help me out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jake,

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
opened 2 boxes tonight finally! Sadly, they weren't the greatest of samplings for the set.

Box 1: 23 packs (yes really 1 short). 1 costume card (walker)

Box 2: 24 packs- 1 auto (Lennie A12) & 1 costume card (shane)

That's strange. The first box is missing 1 costume card and the one pack that should have contained the autograph card. The second box is also missing 1 costume card. Bad luck, but customer service should help out.

I wonder if this means that other boxes might have more hits than they should. Doesn't really matter, I bought 2 boxes and was not excited by my pulls:
A6 Yeun
A16 Singleton
M3, M10, M11 and M12

All and all, would have liked a better ratio on the sketches. Frown

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Jake, did you hear back from Cryptozoic?

posted Hide Post
Opened two boxes.
Box #1
W02, W03, W06, W09
C06, C08
A9- Emma Bell as Amy (scream version)
M5- Shane (cool button hole/ pocket)
M11- Daryl

BOX#2
W02, W03, W06, W07
C09
A1- Jon Bernthal as Shane (uniform version)
M12- Military Walker
M17- Walker

Bummed at getting two walker costumes in one box. Happy with autos and button hole variant costume. Missing one behind the scenes cards, as it seems you are suppose to get two per box. But happy all round with the set. Base set is nice too but needed more of some characters we lost in season 1.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I did hear back from Cryptozoic. They were very nice in their response and said they would send my the missing cards Smile They requested that I send them the box lids (where the stamps are on the inside) and the miscut cards. Which I of course did right away.

When the new cards have arrived I'll post a little update Smile I'm WAY behind in my scanning so you'll see scans of my recent additions all over the forum soon hopefully lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got a box of this. I have mixed feelings about my pulls:

No full base set (missing #3 & 18)
Emma Bell Auto (screaming version)
Andrea Costume (with seam)
W01, W02(x2), W07
C02, C09

I liked my auto and costume pulls, but kind of bummed I only got one costume, no full base set, and a duplicate foil card from the same box. Overall, I liked this release and may buy another box, but I am really hoping that my three Vampire Diaries boxes don't have the same flaws!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
I did hear back from Cryptozoic. They were very nice in their response and said they would send my the missing cards Smile They requested that I send them the box lids (where the stamps are on the inside) and the miscut cards. Which I of course did right away.

When the new cards have arrived I'll post a little update Smile I'm WAY behind in my scanning so you'll see scans of my recent additions all over the forum soon hopefully lol

Thats really good to hear that they do replace the missing ones.

Shame that people have got missing ones though.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
LCS opened a few packs for showing off and they hit a costume so I snagged a few packs to take a shot at a sketch or the Reedus auto. 5th pack had this-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Opened one box, results:
W02, W03, W07
C01, C02, C09
costumes M1 (Rick) and M5 (Shane)
auto A11 Morgan

Not an auto I particularly wanted, but very happy to get costumes from both Rick and Shane. My one major complaint with this release is that I did not even come close to getting a full base set -- I am missing something like 20 cards out of 81. Anyone else have this problem?

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
Opened one box, results:
W02, W03, W07
C01, C02, C09
costumes M1 (Rick) and M5 (Shane)
auto A11 Morgan

Not an auto I particularly wanted, but very happy to get costumes from both Rick and Shane. My one major complaint with this release is that I did not even come close to getting a full base set -- I am missing something like 20 cards out of 81. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi,

Not getting a base set is not normal. Please e-mail info@cryptozoic.com and they will take care of you. Smile

Thanks!

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post