Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Tudors The Final Season (Breygent, 2013)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tudors The Final Season (Breygent, 2013)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Got one pack at the NEC from Jason of Cult Stuff.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers auto.
Costume C4
Costume C6.
Prop P4.
Prop P6

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two of the rarer cards in one pack?

That's either damn good luck, or a good omen for the rest of us Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't think any of the cards I pulled are rare. All numbered to 155.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Isn't P4 supposed to be numbered to 125, according to Tom?

Separate note, I see dealers are doing some damned silly things with individual card prices to begin with. Haha.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Isn't P4 supposed to be numbered to 125, according to Tom?

Separate note, I see dealers are doing some damned silly things with individual card prices to begin with. Haha.

Oops! The prop is P1 not P4. Sorry for confusion Roll Eyes .

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Bought 2 packs

Pack 1:
Joely Richardson auto
C-6 Charles Brandon costume Thumb Up
C-8 King Henry Shirt
P-4 Part of the bejeweled egg Thumb Up
P-6 King Henry painting

Pack 2:
Joely Richardson auto
C-4
C-7
C-10
P-7

I have to give Bregent props for getting photos of the costumes and props on the correct cards. That is one of those things that bugs me to no end. I think I did pretty well with these 2 packs. I got a couple that were less common the most. I wish would have gotten both autos but now I have an extra to trade.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lovemesomecards,

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That second Joely Richardson auto right there, that's the one that should be in the pack I intend to buy on Sunday Wink

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I caved in and couldn't resist buying a pack. For the first time ever I have found a premium format pack worth its money. SUPERB quality cards.
They looked great from the scans but to actually hold them...WOW...well done Breygent. Thumb Up

In my pack:
JM = Jonathan Rhy Meyers Autograph (In black..I've seen red and the limited gold, but not black yet).
C1 = King Henry costume
C2 = Charles Brandon costume
P5 = Tarot Card prop
P4 = Jewelled egg prop. This one is stunning. The part of it looks good enough to turn into a pendant. A simulated ruby surrounded by simulated diamonds. Beautiful. Dance

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Went to the Royal National show in London today. Couldn't get a pack from anyone. None of the regular dealers bought any. Disappointing.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Went to the Royal National show in London today. Couldn't get a pack from anyone. None of the regular dealers bought any. Disappointing.

But it's not surprising.

If any dealers were reading Card Talk, the majority seemed to think they would buy only when the price bottomed out. No dealer wants to put that kind of product into stock. Shame, looks great but overall there was no confidence in the product.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
But it's not surprising.

If any dealers were reading Card Talk, the majority seemed to think they would buy only when the price bottomed out. No dealer wants to put that kind of product into stock. Shame, looks great but overall there was no confidence in the product.

Ed

That seems to be the case indeed. Reasoning from those at the show was that there were too many other products (from other manufacturers) out at the same time that had more selling potential to them, and they felt that interest in this set would be low.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
people need to make up there own minds instead of listening and reading the nay sayers that seem to be here all the time on most products tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I got a pack at the Royal National.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Excellent on card autographs from only the main star and a significant co-star on the show, beautiful period costume swatches including some worn by the current big screen Superman, and cool props found in every reasonably priced pack means these packs won't be around long.
I do wish a base set could've been made this time, too. The earlier series was extremely well done. The character and story cards are cards worth looking at which is not always the case with base cards in "hits" driven sets.

Breygent base cards are never "filler". They take pride in their work, and it shows.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
If I can find a pack at a good price I am now seriously considering buying one Smile The cards are top notch and if the price is right then 5 hits would be worth it.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post