Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Premier (Upper Deck, 2012)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Premier (Upper Deck, 2012)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted
As promised here is what I pulled from three packs/boxes:

The Thanos sketch by Cyrus M. is one of the nicest sketches I've ever seen. The Bob Petrecca Ironman/Tony Stark is a very solid card which I really like even though it's not in color. I think Upper Deck put Jason Adams linocuts to good use by having them in the Emotion cards.

The Mystique is the weakest sketch out of all my pulls, but for most products it's not a bad card. The Jusko is a fantastic pull and I really can't say anything else about it.

Very happy with the Venom sketch by Lawrence Reynolds. The Frankie B. Washington piece is awesome, it looks just like a page out of a comic book.
This is a really nice product that seriously ups the ante for all sketch card sets. I'll be very curious to see how RA responds to this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Arvin:

Hope you don't mind but I added a missing bracket to your code so that the second image would display. I needed to standardize the thread name anyway so I figured you wouldn't mind me adding one extra character. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Arvin - I think you have just looked after your mortgage for a while with that Jusko Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Arvin - I think you have just looked after your mortgage for a while with that Jusko Thumb Up

You're absolutely correct, it's already gone for a kings ransom. Eek I could hardly believe the offer, but the cash has already arrived.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
quote:

You're absolutely correct, it's already gone for a kings ransom. Eek I could hardly believe the offer, but the cash has already arrived.

What would something like that be worth??i woulnt have a clue where to start??

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great sketches! Are all the sketches of this quality?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
quote:

What would something like that be worth??i woulnt have a clue where to start??

Check their website and see what commissions go for. Jusko charges $3,000 for a 11x17 color painting or $800 for a 14x17 black and white.

Commissions or eBay art completed listings are probably best place to start.

Posts: 14 | Location: Indiana, USA | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A case of Premier

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is my break. I think I did pretty ok but could use some experts opinions. The Thor Texeira is awesome! I can't find an artist signature on the Thanos (does anyone see anything I'm missing on the scan). Also I'm not sure who it the female character in the green in the quad fold?? I'm not familiar. Some opinions are appreciated an all the sketch art. Here are the scans:

Posts: 3 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: November 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Looks like Lady Hydra to me (sometimes called Viper).

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
I believe it is Carmilla Black as Scorpion. 1st introduced in Amazing Fantasy vol. 2 #7.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Excellent set of sketches, kobe824. I think, however, at this price point, Upper Deck should have shown a lot more effort in stopping duplicate base and shadow box cards in the same case. There's really no excuse Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tried one morev here are the results. Only thing not pictured is I got doubles on Capt America Base and Sub Mariner Classic Corners. Really like my base sketches. The Galactus is AWESOME and love how they got SS in it. I need some help with chararacters...on my singles hinges who is the guy with the purple head and the female character with heart on her chest below the Iron Man? Any thoughts or opinions are welcome...

Posts: 3 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: November 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
Great pulls! This product is looking better than i thought!

Purple head is Baron Zemo! Not sure on the female with heart.

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried just 1 pack. Nice product!

Base Dr Doom, Elektra:

Shadowbox S-17 Wolverine / Lady Deathstrike:

Emotion Booklet E12 TORMENT:

Base Sketch Galactus by LAK LIM:

2 Panel Sketch Invisible Woman by Eliseu Gouveia:

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by floater:
Tried just 1 pack. Nice product!

Base Dr Doom, Elektra:

Shadowbox S-17 Wolverine / Lady Deathstrike:

Emotion Booklet E12 TORMENT:

Base Sketch Galactus by LAK LIM:

2 Panel Sketch Invisible Woman by Eliseu Gouveia:

Is the Nar sketch card.a hand drawn sketch by him??or a print??ive seen a couple of them and they look like a stencil of somesort?if someone can fill me in?please do so.thanks.

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
Is the Nar sketch card.a hand drawn sketch by him??or a print??ive seen a couple of them and they look like a stencil of somesort?if someone can fill me in?please do so.thanks.

It's worded poorly.

The NAR! art on the inside of the Emotion cards is printed. The same on every card.

The outside has art (sorry, it's not a sketch IMHO) by Jason Adams. I'll let him explain his process if he stops by.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking to trade for any and all James Riot and Bukshot sketches...also will consider any sketches from Premier

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 5 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: June 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post