Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Battlestar Galactica, The Complete (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlestar Galactica, The Complete (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted
Just finished breaking a case. Here's the short version:

Looks like about 30-odd base sets.
6 Galactica 1980 insert sets (20 cards per set) with 20 extras
5 Colonial Warriors sets (9 cards per set) with 3 extras
4 Artifex sets (6 cards per set) no extras
1 Case Topper #'d 460 of 600
Autos:
3 Laurette Spang
3 John Dullaghan
3 Terry Carter
3 Lloyd Bochner
3 Noah Hathaway
2 Herbert Jefferson Jr.
2 Audrey Landers
1 Patrick Macnee
1 Lance LeGault
1 Felix Silla
1 Jack Stauffer
1 George Murdock
0 Dirk Benedict Frown
0 Richard Hatch Frown Frown
Sketches:
1 John Czop Smile (b/w pencil)
1 David Day (b/w pencil)
1 Chris Bolson (b/w pencil)
1 Dan Schaefer (b/w pencil)

Overall, the cards are up to RA's usual high standards. The sketches are way cool. One Cylon! The big bummer is no Benedict, and no Hatch (which I didn't think was limited).

[This message was edited by xSaBx on January 29, 2004 at 04:14 AM.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Overall, the cards are up to RA's usual high standards. The sketches are way cool. One Cylon! The big bummer is no Benedict, and no Hatch (which I didn't think was limited).[/QUOTE]

According to Rittenhouse's web site it's a case of the following

R Hatch - Limited
D Benedict - V Limited
P McNee - Limited

It looks as if limited is 1 per case or less so what is v limited?

'Chap with wing's five rounds rapid':- Brigadier Leithbridge Stewart.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Doh

[This message was edited by Andrew David on January 28, 2004 at 07:45 AM.]

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
good way of getting your posts higher though!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for my case. I hope I pull some of those sketch cards. It's a shame you didn't get the Dirk Benedick or Richard Hatch autos.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
DCJ, how bout a scan of the sketches???? Big Grin

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Quote of the Week:

"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."
- Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
I'll try to post some later, Dan.

And thanks for the reminder, Andrew. I forgot Benedict was VERY limited and the other two were just plain old limited.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I should have my cases today... I am hoping to put together a master set....Except for Sketch Cards... The Barbara Bach from Women Of Bond In Motion was limited and I didn't get one in two cases so what's the Dirk gonna be like at very limited? Got the Kent McCord yesterday...

"Aluminum Boy"
S.C.R.A.M.
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
I got Terry Carter and Audrey Landers in my box. I'm very happy with those two! Smile

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
THE COMPLETE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

72 Base Cards
3 Checklists
20 Galactica 1980 (1:3 Packs)
9 Colonial Warriors (1:10 Packs)
6 Matt Busch ArtifFEX (1:20 Packs)
9 SketchaFEX (1:120 Packs)
14 Autograph Cards (1:20 Packs)
1 Case Topper
1 "From The Archives" Costume Card (Binder Exclusive)
1 Multi-Case Purchase Incentive Card
5 Promo Cards

Box 1
-----
11 checklists (3 sets of 3; 4th set missing checklist 1)
9 Galactica 1980 (1:3 Packs) - G1,G2,G4,G5,G6,G8,G9,G10,G13,G15,G17,G18.G20
4 Colonial Warriors (1:10 Packs) - CW2,CW4,CW6,CW9
2 Matt Busch ArtifFEX (1:20 Packs) - N3,N4
1 SketchaFEX (1:120 Packs) - John Czop (B/W Pencil - SnowRam w/multi-moon background)
CLICK HERE
[Mine has more details than the one shown. Multiple moons of varying sizes are shown in the background]
2 Autograph Cards (1:20 Packs) - A5 Lloyd Bochner (Cmdr Leiter); A15 Laurette Spang (Cassiopea)

Box 2
-----
11 checklists (3 sets of 3; 4th set missing checklist 1)
9 Galactica 1980 (1:3 Packs) - G3,G4,G6,G7,G8,G9,G11,G12,G14,G15,G16,G17,G19
4 Colonial Warriors (1:10 Packs) - CW2,CW5,CW7,CW9
2 Matt Busch ArtifFEX (1:20 Packs) - N2,N5
0 SketchaFEX (1:120 Packs)
2 Autograph Cards (1:20 Packs) - A6 Lance LeGault (Maga); A6 Lance LeGault (Maga)

Box 3
-----
12 checklists (4 sets of 3)
9 Galactica 1980 (1:3 Packs) - G1,G2,G4,G5,G6,G8,G9,G10,G13,G15,G17,G18.G20
4 Colonial Warriors (1:10 Packs) - CW3,CW5,CW7,CW9
2 Matt Busch ArtifFEX (1:20 Packs) - N3,N4
1 SketchaFEX (1:120 Packs) - Dan Day (B/W Pencil - Viper vs. Raider) CLICK HERE
[Practically identical to the one shown]
2 Autograph Cards (1:20 Packs) - A4 Noah Hathaway; A5 Lloyd Bochner (Cmdr Leiter)

===================================================
3 boxes (combined) yielded

Checklists (10 sets of 3; another 2 sets each missing checklist 1)
Galactica 1980 (1:3 Packs) - 1 set of 20; 2nd set missing 8; 6 extra
Colonial Warriors (1:10 Packs) - 1st set missing 2; 2nd set missing 5; 1 extra
Matt Busch ArtifFEX (1:20 Packs) - 1st set missing 2; 2 extra
SketchaFEX (1:120 Packs) - 2 B/W Pencil - John Czop, Dan Day
Autograph Cards (1:20 Packs) - A4 Noah Hathaway; A5 Lloyd Bochner (Cmdr Leiter) @ 2; A6 Lance LeGault (Maga) @ 2; A15 Laurette Spang (Cassiopea)

The autograph cards use the same non gloss surface that was first used in "The Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction" set. The design has a on the right side of the card, a nice large image of the character the signer portrayed. The signer's name is in a futuristic font akin that used in "Knight Rider".

The Artifex cards are really nice. They are several notches above those used in previous sets such as Farscape. These cards are on a canvas like surface with a plastisized surface like that used in "(Inkworks') "Buffy: Reflections" set. The muted magenta or clay colors make the images really stand out. And the gold foil lettering adds an elegant touch to the cards.

The "Colonial Warriors" foil cards are a nice subset and uses the same style uised in recent previous RA sets.

The "Galactica 1980" subset nicely ties the spinoff into the main series' base set, like was done for "Highlander: The Raven" subset to "The Complete Highlander" main series base set. The profile of the Colonial Viper in Bronze adds a nice touch to the subset cards.

The binder looks better on the reverse side than the front. The reverse has lots of Cylon Centurions in various poses and versions. It's nice that since Lorne Greene is not around to sign autograph cards, that his former costume could be made into a costume card, to remember him by.

Overall, "The Complete Battlestar Galactica" set is a nice set. It's just too bad that Jane Seymour injured her wrist and was unable to have her cards signed in time for pack insertion. However I was informed that once her wrist heals and she is able to sign/return her cards, that they'd show up in a future BG set.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

[Edit added image links]

[This message was edited by MiniMe on January 29, 2004 at 01:08 AM.]

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew David:
Doh

No worries, that's what your Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator is here for!

All do'h cleared... oh, and incase DCJ wonders why his post is edited too, I'm changed the title to match the rest of the Box Breakdown threads, in the form of Set Title (Manufacturer)

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

Trading list @
http://www.gubbins.net/cards

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
The Barbara Bach from Women Of Bond In Motion was limited and I didn't get one in two cases so what's the Dirk gonna be like at very limited?

Who knows? That's the fun, isn't it??? Big Grin

I'm wondering if it works that if you get one Limited auto in a case you won't get the other one (DCJ got MacNee but not Hatch)

We need more breakdowns to see!!!

And to think some people thought this forum wouldn't be useful... Big Grin

--

Trading list @

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Half my case is broken, the rest will have to wait until Sunday... so far, it's looking hopeful...

Case Number 243

Box 5227 of 6000
13 Galactica 80 Cards
4 Colonial Warriors Cards
2 Artifex cards (N1, N6)
Autos: A3, A13

Box 1161 of 6000
13 Galactica 80 Cards
2 Artifex cards (N3, N5)
Autos: A7, A11
Sketch! Czop, pencil, ne of the funky tank vehicle thingies the Warriors used on the ground.

Box 2744 of 6000
13 Galactica 80 Cards
2 Artifex cards (N3, N4)
Autos: A14, A6
Sketch! Dan Schaefer, the most *gorgeous* Muffett... Big Grin

Box 3352 of 6000
13 Galactica 80 Cards
2 Artifex cards (N3, N5)
Autos: A7, A11
Sketch! Eudardo Pansica, the Galactica (a bit small, but you can't have everything... Big Grin)

Box 2227 of 6000
12 Galactica 80 Cards
2 Artifex cards (N2, N5)
Autos: A4, A9

Box 1621 of 6000
11 Galactica 80 Cards
2 Artifex cards (N2, N6)
Autos: A10 (MacNee Big Grin), A16

Couple of observations: LOVE the new feel and card stock for the autograph cards! I'm assuming this will be 'de rigeur' for all autos... very nice. There is a problem with the print rubbing off of nearly all the Colonial Warriors cards, in some form or another, which is a shame because they're lovely cards otherwise. Oh, and I notice the foil that makes the wrappers is noticeably thinner this time around, which makes all my wrappers far easier to pack for sending off to Rittenhouse...

Overall, with 3 sketches in the first 6 boxes, I'm scoring these as an 8...

--

Trading list @

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed that this thread isn't going anywhere! Surely someone else out there broke a box of these last week!!

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aagranata:
I'm disappointed that this thread isn't going anywhere! Surely someone else out there broke a box of these last week!!

I will be breaking one shortly....

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Quote of the Week:

"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."
- Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
... and I'm a Happy Bunny

Box 3864 of 6000
12 Galactica 80 Cards
2 Artifex cards (N1, N6)
Autos: A6, A14
Sketch! Czop Cylon face/visor (no red eye, but you can't have everything)

Box 0270 of 6000
13 Galactica 80 Cards
2 Artifex cards (N3, N4)
Autos: A4, A9

Box 4775 of 6000
13 Galactica 80 Cards
2 Artifex cards (N3 x 2)
Autos: A16 and from the last pack... A1!

Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant

Well, assuming I pull the remaining 4 autos I need from the remaining 3 boxes (A5, 8, 12 and 15) I will be even happier.

I'm still in two minds about collecting the sketches, mind...

--

Trading list @

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Congrats on 4 sketches in that one case Sarah!

Lessa
- Addicted to eBay -
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
Congrats on 4 sketches in that one case Sarah!

Actually, 4 is right (1:3 cases), which is why the last three boxes I opened are really something of a bonus:

I pulled the same basic numbers of Artifex, Galactica 80 and Colonial Warriors from the last 3 boxes, and the following autos:

A3, A5, A7, A11, A13, A15

which means my case yielded everything except for Starbuck (which I've already sourced once I knew it was very limited) So, I'm happy, but not as happy as I was when I pulled a Martineck Cylon Raiders sketch from the penultimate box! Okay, so I didn't pull a colour sketch, but getting 5 from the case is more than compensation for that and the one auto short...

I'll be scanning all the sketches tomorrow and I'll stick the URL up in the Discussion area... Big Grin

--

Trading list @

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
Box 2910

Colonial Warriors : 2,4,6,8
1980 : 1,3,5,7,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,20
Artifex: N3, N4

Autos:
A10 Patrick Macnee
A15 Terry Carter

_____
Everything that has a beginning has a beginning.

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my four boxes today and this is what I got:

52 Galactica 80 Cards
16 Colonial Warriors Cards
2 Artifex cards (N1 x2, N2, N3, N4, N5, N6 x2)

Autos: A2 (yes this is not a typo) Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance

A3, A7, A9, A11, A14, A15, A16

Sketch Card by Cris Bolon (pencil)

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post