Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy & the Men of Sunnydale (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy & the Men of Sunnydale (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'd be surprised how many people contact us and want us to fix a problem, but never actually tell us what was wrong or what we can do to help.

I'm not Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andy

FYI

Speaking of breaking in a new printer, don't be surprised if the box number several people give you is 1940606. This is the number printed on all four of the boxes I've bought so far. Two came from San Diego and two came from my local dealer (who got his stock at San Diego).

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
We put our sets together yesterday and managed to come away with 34 base sets and another set is 6 cards short. That's close to 3 sets per box which isn't bad.
I saved only six of my empty boxes and five of those are numbered 1940906, the other is 1941006.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by morenomark:
Andy

FYI

Speaking of breaking in a new printer, don't be surprised if the box number several people give you is 1940606. This is the number printed on all four of the boxes I've bought so far. Two came from San Diego and two came from my local dealer (who got his stock at San Diego).

LOL Smile See, the problems must just be limited to two or three boxes. Big Grin Just kidding... I don't know what's up with box numbers, but if you have them, I'd go ahead and include the information if you contact Consumer Relations.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:
quote:
Andy

FYI

LOL Smile See, the problems must just be limited to two or three boxes. Big Grin Just kidding... I don't know what's up with box numbers, but if you have them, I'd go ahead and include the information if you contact Consumer Relations.

I can't speak to the MOS release in particular, but in regards to past Inkworks product, I've been told by a reliable source in the customer service department that the box numbers under the flap are the same for each box in a given case.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:
quote:
quote:
Andy

FYI

I can't speak to the MOS release in particular, but in regards to past Inkworks product, I've been told by a reliable source in the customer service department that the box numbers under the flap are the same for each box in a given case.

I suggest you find yourself a new source. I have checked empty boxes I have here in the house for BWOS, SPIKE, Sopranos, and Alias 3. The boxes within a case have sequential numbers.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:
quote:
quote:
Andy

FYI

I suggest you find yourself a new source. I have checked empty boxes I have here in the house for BWOS, SPIKE, Sopranos, and Alias 3. The boxes within a case have sequential numbers.

We'll I'll give Alyssa a call and see if, between us, we can remember which releases that info pertained to, then.

And I'll let her know you think a new source is indicated.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened two boxes today.

Box 1

DK 2, 5, 7
WMA 1 (Buffy), 2 (Willow) Smile
BL1 (Xander)
PW4 Andrew (all black)
A9- Charlie Weber (Ben)

Box 2
DK 1, 3, 9
WMA 1 (Buffy), 5 (Faith)
BL1 (Xander)
PW2 Xander's suit pants Smile
A9- Charlie Weber (Ben)

Not pleased with getting duplicate autographs, so it's off to the trading board....

ETA: I just compiled the sets and ended up with 6 sets out of two boxes plus 2 extra cards. Wow! Makes up for the double of the auto.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dark_Angel,

Posts: 211 | Location: Bel Air, MD | Registered: August 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Too bad about the doubled auto Dark Angel, but otherwise a pretty good breakdown. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Not a full box but I'll contibute my 12 pack breakdown Big Grin

58 of 81 base cards with 20 doubles (more than I was expecting)

Dressed to kill- DK9 (Angel)
Women Men Adore- WA-2 (Willow), WA-6 (Dawn)
Pieceworks- PW4, all black (I may send this one in when I finally send in my WOS Tara pieceworks as it has some chipping or curling of the plastic coating at the bottom)
Auto- A-6, Danny Strong

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
quote:
Promos in wax boxes? WOW this definitely is an interesting product.

Even more interesting than you think. I know of at least 2 people, myself included, who pulled a Serenity promo from a Men of Sunnydale box and at least one person who pulled a Lost promo from a Men of Sunnydale box. If you check out the ended listings on Ebay, you'll see someone listed the Serenity promo as a RARE card . . . it's just the general distribution promo. Apparently those promos and MoS were all printed at the same time, and at least a few of the promos somehow managed to sneak into the MoS boxes.

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
hi,
got 1 box today - waiting on many more..lol
here is what i got

BL-2
DK5,DK7,DK9
WA2,WA6
PW3 giles
A-1 nick-xander harris Elephant Bouncey Luv You

not sure hany sets yet,but hey i got the xander auto
but the set looks great

Posts: 158 | Location: australia | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
easy to forget about commons when you pull a Xander auto,congrats piperprue Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ended up with 3 base sets and only 1 spare card.

Posts: 158 | Location: australia | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First box breakdown, I have 15 more to open but will have to be later today Frown

BL-2
DK1, DK3, DK5, DK7
WA2,WA6
PW2 Xanders Pants
A10 Camden Toy

Very pleased with this box because I got to see the cards for the first time Wink By far my favorite Buffy release. Also pleased with the auto since I've wanted that card to made for years now.

Posts: 46 | Location: Manchester, UK | Registered: May 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Got 3 boxes this morning...

Box 1

BL1
WA-1, WA-5
DK1, DK3, DK4, DK9
PW3 (Giles)
A1 (Xander) Dance

Box 2

BL2
WA-2, WA-4
DK2, DK5, DK7
PW1 (Xander's suit jacket)
A8 (Warren)

Box 3

BL3
WA-2, WA-4
DK4, DK6, DK8
PW4 (Andrew all black) Big Grin
A3 (The Master) Bouncey

:edit: Just sorted base sets, and I got 6 complete ones with one missing one card, and a load of spares.

Very very happy with these boxes.. managed to make a complete box loader & dressed to kill set! Hope my next box is this good! The base cards are really nice too. Well done Inkworks Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prophecygirl,

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angeleyes777:
quote:
Promos in wax boxes? WOW this definitely is an interesting product.

Even more interesting than you think. I know of at least 2 people, myself included, who pulled a Serenity promo from a Men of Sunnydale box and at least one person who pulled a Lost promo from a Men of Sunnydale box. If you check out the ended listings on Ebay, you'll see someone listed the Serenity promo as a RARE card . . . it's just the general distribution promo. Apparently those promos and MoS were all printed at the same time, and at least a few of the promos somehow managed to sneak into the MoS boxes.

As has been mentioned before, it is common that promo cards that are printed on the same print form as base cards sometimes end up in a few packs. It just means that a few slid over into the wrong stack. It isn't anything intentional, but can be a nice surprise for the collector who finds them. If you find one of these unexpected promo cards and want to exchange it for a base card, just let us know. As far as the "RARE" designation - that might have been true at the time that the card was found because it had not been released yet, but there will be lots of Serenity general distribution promo cards around soon.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

As has been mentioned before

You're right - you have mentioned it before!!!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i got one box and i got
BL2 - giles
WA1 and WA5 - Buffy and Faith
Dk3 DK4 Dk8
PW4 - Andrew - Red with bit of pattern
A1 - Xander

i got 2 full base sets in my box and loads spares
Big Grin im pleased

Posts: 3 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
KrazyKel...nice first post.
Great box there,with a Xander auto and a variant PW.

Also welcome aboard,have fun and enjoy your stay Wave

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post