Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy & the Men of Sunnydale (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy & the Men of Sunnydale (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prophecygirl:
No problem Smile

Here is Eileen's PW4 variation, just click the thumbnail to make it bigger -

Nice pull Eileen Thumb Up. That certainly answers my variant question. Now I've just got to find myself one.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
Just a heads-up. This is the second consecutive Inkworks product that states "RANDOMLY INSERTED AUTOGRAPHS" and they mean it. We busted the "Case from Hell" last night and our 12 box case yielded only 10 autographs.
I am also the proud owner of Principal Wood's shirt Big Grin as we got 5 of those as well as 3 of Giles' shirt. The collation of the WA cards and the DK was absolutely terrible. Hopefully this case was just a fluke. As it stands now this case is a throw back to the Graffiti and early Inkworks product as far as collation goes. Shake Head

I've read (on the Inkworks site) that it's 1 auto & 1 piecework per box... like WOS. Is that not right?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That breakdown really sucks, but prophecygirl is right. The write-up published on Inkworks' website says "ONE PER BOX" for autographs and pieceworks. It also states odds of 1:36 packs. The way I read that is: You are guaranteed at least 1 autograph card and at least 1 pieceworks card per box. Since the odds state "approximately" 1:36 packs, you can conceivably get more than one auto or pw (which has happened to a few people), but you must receive at least the guarantee. I'm sure Inkworks will replace the missing cards.

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Some interesting comments, however I am holding both a BMOS and a Sopranos box in my hand and they state the following:"Stated odds reflect average of entire production run; this ratio is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case." Neither box gave odds for the autographs or in the case of BMOS the pieceworks. The fronts of both boxes have in large type "Look for randomly inserted autographs". I will however drop Inkworks a line and see what they have to say about this matter. Wink

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
Some interesting comments, however I am holding both a BMOS and a Sopranos box in my hand and they state the following:"Stated odds reflect average of entire production run; this ratio is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case." Neither box gave odds for the autographs or in the case of BMOS the pieceworks. The fronts of both boxes have in large type "Look for randomly inserted autographs". I will however drop Inkworks a line and see what they have to say about this matter. Wink

Arvin,

I pulled out the original sales materials sent from Inkworks on BMOS and it does indeed say 1 autograph per box. So I imagine you'll find Inkworks to be accomodating.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
My case arrived last Wednesday afternoon and between a busy weekend at work, I'm finally getting around to posting my break......

Box 1:
BL-1
WA1, WA5
DK2, DK6, DK7
PW-5 (Prin. Wood's shirt)
A-10 (Camden Toy)

Box 2:
BL-2
WA3, WA6
DK4, DK6, DK8
PW5 (Prin. Wood's shirt)
A-8 (Adam Busch) Big Grin

Box 3:
BL3
WA1, WA5
DK2, DK5, DK7
PW-1 (Xander's suit jacket)
A-5 (Harry Groener)

Box 4:
BL1
WA3, WA5
DK2, DK5, DK7, DK9
PW-3 (Giles's shirt)
A-8 (Adam Busch)

Box 5:
BL-1
WA1, WA5
DK1, DK5, DK9
PW-3 (Giles's shirt)
A-10 (Camden Toy)

Box 6:
BL1
WA3, WA6
DK3, DK4, DK6, DK8
PW-4 (Andrew's shirt)
A-4 (Robin Sachs) Big Grin

Box 7:
BL2
WA3, WA6
DK3, DK4, DK8
PW-3 (Giles's shirt)
A-3 (Mark Metcalf) Big Grin

Box 8:
BL3
WA2, WA4
DK1, DK5, DK9
PW-2 (Xander's suit trousers) Dance (yay, a full PW set!)
A-1 (Nick Brendon) Dance Clap

Box 9:
BL2
WA2, WA4
DK1, DK3, DK9
PW-3(Giles's shirt)
A-9 (Charlie Weber)

Box 10:
BL3
WA1, WA4
DK1, DK3, DK9
PW-5 (Wood's shirt)
A-7 (Tom Lenk)

Box 11:
BL2
WA1, WA3, WA5
DK2, DK6, DK8
PW-4 (Andrew's shirt)
A-11 (TRIO AUTO) Bouncey Dance Bouncey Elephant

Box 12:
BL3
WA2, WA6
DK3, DK4, DK6, DK8
PW-5 (Wood's shirt)
A-1 (Nick Brendon) Clap

Totals:
Boxloader sets: 4 (no duplicates)
WA sets: 3 (+7 duplicates)
DK sets: 3 (+12 duplicates)
Pieceworks: 1 full set + PW3(x3), PW4, PW5(x3)
Autos: 9 of 11, missing A-2(Marc Blucas) and A-6(Danny Strong), with duplicates of A-1(Nick Brendon), A-8(Adam Busch), and A-10(Camden Toy)

Collation with the chase cards seemed a little different than other Inkworks cases I've gotten in the past. For those of you keeping score at home, it wasn't until Box #8 that I pulled the "Women Men Adore" Willow card. And in the past it seemed that the chase cards found in the same box were in order in many instances, but this time they were more mixed up.

Overall, however....I was very thrilled with what I got. I *should* have my trade list updated and ready to go by the later part of this week.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Congratualations on a great case angelchick!!!! Clap

Although I wouldn't have been happy with all those woods pw's myself...

...and I've most likely just cursed myself into only get that one card. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
angelchick - Nice case breakdown Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
This was probably the strangest case of Inkworks product that I have ever opened. I have to agree with Arvin about the "random autographs" but the box loaders were a plain nightmare. The gory details:

Box Loader BL2
Dressed to Kill 2x3, 7x2
Women Men Adore 2,5
Pieceworks PW2 XANDER – SUIT TROUSERS
PW3 GILES – SHIRT
Autograph A6 DANNY STRONG/JONATHAN

Box Loader BL1
Dressed to Kill 5,7,9
Women Men Adore 3,5
Pieceworks PW4 ANDREW – T-SHIRT
Autograph A5 HARRY GROENER/MAYOR WILKINS

Box Loader BL1
Dressed to Kill 1,5,7,9
Women Men Adore 2,3,6
Pieceworks PW5 PRINCIPAL WOOD – SHIRT
Autograph A7 TOM LENK/ANDREW

Box Loader BL2
Dressed to Kill 4,6,8
Women Men Adore 2,3,6
Autograph A6 DANNY STRONG/JONATHAN

Box Loader BL1
Dressed to Kill 2,5,7,9
Women Men Adore 1,5
Autograph A2 MARC BLUCAS/RILEY

Box Loader BL2
Dressed to Kill 1,5,9
Women Men Adore 1,5
Autograph A3 MARK METCALF/THE MASTER

Box Loader BL1
Dressed to Kill 2,6,7
Women Men Adore 2,4
Autograph A4 ROBIN SACHS/ETHAN RAYNE

Box Loader BL2
Dressed to Kill 1,3,4
Women Men Adore 2,4

Box Loader BL2
Dressed to Kill 2,6,8
Women Men Adore 2,4
Promos P-UK, P-i

Box Loader BL1
Dressed to Kill 1,3,4
Women Men Adore 1,5

Box Loader BL1
Dressed to Kill 3,4,6,8
Women Men Adore 2,6
Autograph A4 ROBIN SACHS/ETHAN RAYNE

Box Loader NONE
Dressed to Kill 2,6,7
Women Men Adore 2,3,6

Recap:
Box Loader sets: NONE, 6 BL1, 5 BL2
Dressed to Kill sets 3 + 14 spares
Women Men Adore sets 3 + 9 spares
Pieceworks
PW1: NONE Mad
PW2: 4 Roll Eyes
PW3: 1
PW4: 3 Frown
PW5 shirt: 5 Eek
PW5 tie: None
Autographs
A1: None Frown
A2: 3 Mad
A3: 3 Mad
A4: 2 Frown
A5: 1
A6: 2 Frown
A7: 1
A8: None Frown
A9: None Frown
A10: None Frown
A11: None, can't really expect one though...

Overall, terrible collation. My first box did not have a base set. My second and third only 1, and each box after that had 2. I'm fairly certain the spares will make up a few more.

And what's up with the box loaders? I've never had that kind of problem before. I can't even make a mini-master set as I don't have a set of box loaders after a case? Red Face

The cards themselves look great, both the base set and the chase cards. However something went horribly wrong when this one was packed out.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Promos in wax boxes? WOW this definitely is an interesting product.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
All we can say is "nice promos" Big Grin

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
After seeing some of the weird collations here I'm happy sticking with my decision not to buy any boxes for Men of Sunnydale, but buy the cards separately and hopefully save myself some money. This set just seems to be more hit or miss than most and at the moment I'm not prepared to take a risk on it.

However congratulations to those of you who have managed some great pulls so far. Thumb Up

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Randy Giles
posted Hide Post
Whoo hoo got 4 boxes today but only opened 3 as one is for a friend, but here is a break down:

Box 1
Box loader - BL2 Giles
Dressed to Kill - DK2, DK6, DK8
Women Men Adore - WA5 Faith, WA3 Cordy
Pieceworks - PW2 Xander suit pants Smile
Autograph - A2 Riley Smile
Base sets - 2

Box 2
Box loader - BL3 Spike
Dressed to Kill - DK4, DK1, DK3
Women Men Adore - WA2 Willow, WA Dawn
Pieceworks - PW1 Xander's suit jacket Smile
Autograph - A10 Gentlemen Smile
Base sets - 1

Box 3
Box loader - BL2 Giles (repeat)
Dressed to Kill - DK2, DK8, DK6 (all repeats)
Women Men Adore - WA4 Anya, WA2 Willow (repeat)
Pieceworks - PW3 Giles shirt Smile
Autograph - A11 Evil Trio!!!!!! Dance
Base sets - 2

Overall I am really happy, but want to open the box I got for my friend Twak

Posts: 200 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Wow, well done on the Trio auto card Clap

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my case yesterday. When the first PW pull was Principal Wood's tie, I thought it was going to be a very good case... Instead, I will say it was an interesting case.

Box 1
BL-3
Dressed to Kill 2, 7, 5
Women Men Adore 6 (Dawn), 3 (Cordelia)
PW5 Principal Wood's Tie -- very nice piece
A8 Adam Busch/Warren Mears
Many, many cards that are cut incorrectly. Many cards that are bent.

Box 2
BL-2
Dressed to Kill 8, 4, 6, 2
Women Men Adore 4 (Anya), 2 (Willow)
PW5 Principal Wood's Shirt
A5 Harry Groener/Mayor Richard Wilkins

Box 3
BL-2
Dressed to Kill 4, 8, 6 x2
PW4 Andrew's Shirt
A6 Danny Strong/Jonathon Levinson

Box 4
BL-1
Dressed to Kill 8, 6, 7, 2
A1 Nick Brendon/Xander Harris

Box 5
BL-1
Dressed to Kill 5, 9, 1
Women Men Adore 4 (Anya) x2
A5 Harry Groener/Mayor Richard Wilkins

Box 6
BL-3
Dressed to Kill 9, 3, 1
A2 Marc Blucas/Riley Finn

Box 7
BL-1
Dressed to Kill 6, 8, 2
PW3 Giles' Shirt
A10 Camden Toy/Turok Han/Gnarl/One of the Gentlemen

Box 8
BL-2
Dressed to Kill 5, 7, 1, 9
A3 Mark Metcalf/The Master

Box 9
BL-3
Dressed to Kill 7, 5, 9
PW4 Andrew's Shirt
A4 Robin Sachs/Ethan Rayne

Box 10
BL-1
Dressed to Kill 8, 4, 6, 2
Women Men Adore 6 (Dawn), 3 (Cordelia), 2 (Willow)
PW3 Giles' Shirt
A8 Adam Busch/Warren Mears

Box 11
BL-3
Dressed to Kill 3, 1, 4
PW2 Xander's Trousers
A5 Harry Groener/Mayor Richard Wilkins and A4 Robin Sachs/Ethan Rayne

Box 12
BL-1
Dressed to Kill 4, 8, 6
Women Men Adore 2 (Willow), 3 (Cordelia), 6 (Dawn)
A10 Camden Toy/Turok Han/Gnarl/One of the Gentlemen

In summary: 1 really nice case card
Box Loaders: 3 sets + BL1 x 2 and BL3
Dressed to Kill: 2 sets + 2 sets w/o DK3 + DK2, KD54, DK6x3, DK8x2
Women Men Adore (The most disappointing of all -- no complete sets. Missing WA1 (assume this is Buffy) and WA5 (I think I read that this was Faith)): WA2x6 (Willow), WA3x6 (Cordelia), WA4x7 (Anya), and WA6x6 (Dawn)
Pieceworks (Missing Xander's Jacket): PW2 (Xander's Trousers), PW3x2 (Giles' Shirt), PW4x2 (Andrew's shirt), PW5x6 (Principal Wood's Shirt), PW5 (Principal Wood's Tie)

This probably isn't the place to ask; but, I'd like to post for trading and have never done this. I take it I need to add my e-mail address to my member profile so that people can contact me. Does this usually result in a lot of spam? Also, are there any rules about trading -- how things will be shipped, how soon they will be shipped? Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks!

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add the summary for autos:

No A7 (Tom Lenk/Andrew Wells), A9 Charlie Weber (Ben), A11 (Evil Trio): A1 (Nicholas Brendon/Xander Harris), A2 (Marc Blucas/Riley Finn), A3 (Mark Metcalf/The Master), A4x2 (Robin Sachs/Ethan Rayne), A5x3 (Harry Groener)/Mayor Wilkins, A6 (Danny Strong/Jonathan Levinson), A8x2 (Adam Busch/Warren Mears), A10x2 (Camden Toy/Gentleman/Gnarl/Turok Han)

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
This probably isn't the place to ask; but, I'd like to post for trading and have never done this. I take it I need to add my e-mail address to my member profile so that people can contact me. Does this usually result in a lot of spam? Also, are there any rules about trading -- how things will be shipped, how soon they will be shipped? Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks!

Interesting case breakdowns...

You can add "no spam" or something similar to your email address as a spam trap to prevent that such as my_name_nospam@ispaddress.com

Rules about trading - I've always worked out who is sending what & when as each trade happens.

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maxpower03
posted Hide Post
Has Allan said anything specific yet about the reasoning behind all the mishaps with the boxes? It seems quite bizarre.

Posts: 106 | Location: UK | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Well, including Eileen's PW4 variation which PG posted these are the variations I've seen so far of Andrew's PW... and which I think are selling way over their value considering how large that image on his t-shirt is.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxpower03:
Has Allan said anything specific yet about the reasoning behind all the mishaps with the boxes? It seems quite bizarre.

I think this was a case of breaking in a new printer for this product, so some of the cases didn't come out as well as any of us might like.

As with all of our products, if you have a concern, complaint, or have missing or damaged cards, contact Inkworks at info@inkworks.com. It is a good idea to be clear about the nature of your problem, specific about which cards are a problem, include the box number (inside the front flap), and when/where you purchased it. Include your name, address, and email address so that we can contact you with any questions or additional instructions.

You'd be surprised how many people contact us and want us to fix a problem, but never actually tell us what was wrong or what we can do to help. Smile

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post