Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Walking Dead Season 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Opened my only 2 boxes, very nice, high quality set!

A6 Mellissa Mc Bride
A8 Madison Lintz (zombie
M23 Maggie
M11 Shane

You should have gotten 2 costumes in each box.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
It doesn't appear anyone else had the same problem I did. out of my two cases. I had three dud boxes with no costume, autograph or Shadowbox. I thought I would have had made up for it in the other boxes but ended up being shorted. Was kind of disappointed.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
This is my first ever box purchase. Normally I just buy items off of eBay to piece my set together, but with the prices dealers were/are asking I figured I couldn't pass up 2 boxes from Cryptozoic for retail (at the last minute sale the other day).

I figured if I got some of the wardrobes and "decent" autographs it would be cheaper in the long run. I was a little worried about what I would get, but I figured what the heck, experience counts also right?

Here is Box #1:

Not only did it have 1 extra Wardrobe...but it also had a dual Wardrobe. I never figured I would have one of them for the collection!

and here is Box #2:

I was pleased with the autograph as I believe he will command a higher amount on eBay (like last season). But as you can tell what really sets this box apart is the Glenn sketch by Shane McCormack! I figured I would never have a sketch from season 2 to complete the master set as I was guessing they would go for hundreds of dollars. Dance

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Even though I pulled my sketch in the first box, I ended up cracking 1 full case...other case will eventually be flipped (no, I am not offering it up for sale on the board). Here are the results (not in sequential order):

Box 1
M10 Maggie's Green Tank
M28
Sketch by Hayden Davis
A5 Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon

Box 2
M6 Glen's Brown Shirt
M28
DM03 Lori & Shane Dual (only dual of the case)
A14 Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes

Box 3
M21 Carol's Grey Pants
M31 (Teal with what looks to be blood splatter)
A13 Laurie Holden as Andrea

Box 4
M8 Dale's White Tank
M30 (with a little blood)
A7 Madison Lintz as Sophia

Box 5
M25 T-dog's Red Dirt Shirt
M30 (again with a little blood)
A11 Irone Singleton as T-Dog

Box 6
M14 Hershel's Beige Shirt
M32 (blue plaid)
A4 (season 1) Laurie Holden as Andrea

Box 7
M16 Rick's Dark Green Shirt
M28 (floral)
A4 Steven yeun as Glenn

Box 8
M1 Rick's Sherrif Uniform White Tee
M27 Daryl's Olive Green Jeans
M31 (funky teal/blue with dirt/blood plus gold metalic stripes)
A10 Scott Wilson as Hershel Greene

Box 9
M5 Andrea's "Blue" Hoodie
M18 Carl's Striped Hoodie
M29
A9 Lauren Cohan as Maggie Green

Box 10
M24 Dale's Cream Hawaiian Shirt
M32 Blue plaid with a bit of dirt/blood
A6 melissa Suzanne McBride as Carol

Box 11
M9 Sophia's Rianbow Tshirt (unfortunately all blue)
M31 teal with splatter
A2 Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh

Box 12
M12 Andrea's Striped Top (4 thin stripes)
m29
A1 Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes

Although I did not get a redemption, any of the crazy 5-6 hit boxes, or even one of the top artist sketches, I certainly can not complain on the autograph assortment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: igman7,

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Some nice pulls from my first few boxes:

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
This is my first ever box purchase. Normally I just buy items off of eBay to piece my set together, but with the prices dealers were/are asking I figured I couldn't pass up 2 boxes from Cryptozoic for retail (at the last minute sale the other day).

I figured if I got some of the wardrobes and "decent" autographs it would be cheaper in the long run. I was a little worried about what I would get, but I figured what the heck, experience counts also right?

Here is Box #1:

Not only did it have 1 extra Wardrobe...but it also had a dual Wardrobe. I never figured I would have one of them for the collection!

and here is Box #2:

I was pleased with the autograph as I believe he will command a higher amount on eBay (like last season). But as you can tell what really sets this box apart is the Glenn sketch by Shane McCormack! I figured I would never have a sketch from season 2 to complete the master set as I was guessing they would go for hundreds of dollars. Dance

Wow! Talk about beginners luck. Congrats!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box 1

M25
M30
A3 Jeffrey Demunn
SB03(not sure if this is a chase card or what but it was in a pack all by itself?)

Will open box 2 when my son comes home from school.

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box 2.
A9 Lauren Cohan
M15
M23
M32
SBO6

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
quote:
SB03(not sure if this is a chase card or what but it was in a pack all by itself?)
Yes...the shadowbox card is an insert...not sure on the ratio but I believe 1-2 per box.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I also got this color test card in one of my boxes...checklist shown for comparison.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Oh yeah, I also got this color test card in one of my boxes...checklist shown for comparison.
If you are selling it I will take it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
OK, so I could not help myself and busted case #2.

Hello, my name is Iggy and I am a crack addict...Red Face

Highlights were the threee autos that I needed to finish a S2 set, plus Season 1 A4 (again), as well as autos of Shane, Daryl, Lori, Carol, Maggie, Hershal and of course T-Dog and Glenn also another bunch of relics that I already mixed with the others so not quite sure what is new aside from another M8.

Here is the sketch

Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Got 1 box:

Costumes:
M11- Shane's Blue Shirt
M16- Rick's Dark Green Shirt
M32- Walker Horde

Auto:
A7- Madison Litz

4 chase:
CB04- Carl
CB08- Dale

Other 2 are puzzle ones.

Also got myself a shadowbox card SB03 which was good!

So, happy with my 3 costume cards from 1 box!

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
1 case breakdown:

Box 1
SB04
A06
M03, M28

Box 2
SB01
A13
M15, M30

Box 3
SB06
A12
M22, M30

Box 4
SB05
A01
M08, M29

Box 5
SB07
A10
M26, M29

Box 6
SB04
A06
M12, M30
Sketch: Shane McCormack

Box 7
SB03
A11
M09, M11, M31

Box 8
SB06
A04 Andrea Season 1
M06, M24, M28

Box 9
SB02
A06
M12, M30

Box 10
SB02
A14
M14, M28

Box 11
SB07
A04
M18, M32

Box 12
SB08
A05
M25, M32, DM02

I love this product. Almost perfect with one double autograph and 8 of 9 shadowbox to complete the set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Archifou, nice break. Did You get a sketch card?

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Archifou, nice break. Did You get a sketch card?

Yes thanks. I forgot to include it in on box 6.

Sketch: Shane McCormack

I like to exchange with another one so I forget about it lol

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I haven't busted any boxes in years... I picked up 5 Walking Dead season 2 boxes (2 from the Cryptozoic website and 3 from another source). I easily got my money's worth out of each box as I got them all at MSRP or less. Here's the break from my 2 Cryptozoic boxes:

Here's my first of three boxes from another source:

My 2nd box:

Andrew Lincoln auto!

My 3rd box:

I was satisfied with the breaks as I'd got Andrew Lincoln in the last box and this box was going poorly. I pulled the Hoffman sketch in the 3rd to last pack!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches everyone. Can't wait to get my boxes.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My two boxes from Cryptozoic:

Box #1

Box #2

Pretty stoked with the Lincoln auto and extra costumes in both boxes- definitely a pleasant surprise!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
riddler_149 I can't believe you got 2 dual costumes from 2 boxes, plus the Andrew Lincoln auto! They are awesome pulls. Now if only I can get as lucky when I open my boxes next week.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post