Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Walking Dead Season 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Open the one box I bought myself for Christmas, worked out well.

A full base with 21 doubles.

CB05, CB07, 2 puzzle pieces, and SB07.

Walker Horde costume (doesn't matter which one Big Grin) and M10 Maggie Green.

What made the box . . . A1 Andrew Lincoln auto, never would have got that one for myself. Clap

About those smudged signatures, I'm surprised because you hardly ever see that in a new auto these days. I think the improvement may be because the modern pens used don't blot like they sometimes did before. The ink dries faster and a slight mistaken brush doesn't damage the signature.

The lefty thing sounds plausible, but I can't say that I ever attributed it to that, just figured the card was mishandled when it still had wet ink. I have heard stories of celebrities who have purposely smudged their autographs, don't know why, maybe they think they're protecting their money signature. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally done breaking my boxes- was trying to make them last!
So I got 6 boxes (Boxes #1-6) from one supplier and 2 (boxes #7-8) from another.

Box #1:
A13 Laurie Holden
M12 Andrea's Striped Top
M31 Walker

Box #2:
A12 Greg Nicotero
M27 Daryl's Jeans Smile
M28 Walker

Box #3:
A4 Laurie Holden Season 1 Dance
M11 Shane's Blue Shirt
M30 Walker
DMO2 Hershel + Maggie Smile

Box #4:
A5 Norman Reedus Luv You
M1 Rick's Sheriff Shirt
M16 Rick's Green Shirt
M32 Walker
Sketch: Walker by Kyle Babbit Bouncey

Box #5:
A1 Andrew Lincoln Big Grin
M4 Carl's Orange Jacket
M29 Walker

Box #6:
A8 Madison Lintz Walker
M15 Glenn's Blue Shirt
M28 Walker

Box #7:
A1 Andrew Lincoln Big Grin
M6 Glenn's Brown Shirt
M28 Walker

Box #8
A4 Laurie Holden Season 1 Dance
M8 Dale's White Tank Top
M29 Walker

Full Puzzle set with extras
Full Bio set with extras
7 of 9 shadow box cards (1 was double)

My really stoked with my 8 boxes. To pull 2x Andrew Lincoln's, 2x Laurie Holden season 1 cards, a dual wardobe and a sketch is unbelievable. I never have luck with cards. So yeah! Plus it's my first ever sketch pulled.
Think I will wait a few months before selling the double Rick, Andrea and sketch to see if prices jump.
Now if only I could get my hands on another box at a reasonable price- don't like my chances.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Yellow601,

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
It had been a long while since I bought a box, but it turned out really, really good! I actually got a box and a half from my local store, and here's the breakdown:

Complete box:

2 puzzle pieces
SB06 - interesting card to say the least!
CB08 and CB09 - Dale and Carol
A3 - Laurie Holden (from season 1, from what I've been reading) Elephant
M15 - Glenn's blue shirt
M29 - Walker horde - with some very nice blood stains
DM01 - Rick's shirt and Sophia's pants Clap

Half box:

1 puzzle piece, already had it from the other box
CB01 - Rick
A5 - Norman Reedus Luv You

All together, I am very happy with these pulls, I wasn't expecting too much from the half box but was so thrilled with the auto! And I definitely wasn't expecting 3 wardrobe cards, either, especially the dual one.

Good start to the new year Thumb Up

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Martine pretty awesome pulls from a box and a half. You pulled 3 awesome cards.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
2 Boxes arrived and 1 sketch card(pulled by Flagcitycollectibles)

box1

box2

A Popplewell

sketch received from Flagcitycollectibles after a trade

R Hendrickson

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Martine that is an impressive box and a half. Thumb Up can't wait for my 2
boxes

Salama those are some nice sketches! Drool

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Anyone here pull a redemption? I can't wait to see what they look like. (THE actual card front and back) not the mock ups by crypto.) Please share if you redeemed and have pics. THANKSSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
2 Boxes arrived and 1 sketch card(pulled by Flagcitycollectibles)

box1

box2

A Popplewell

sketch received from Flagcitycollectibles after a trade

R Hendrickson

Glad to see you finally got your boxes! Nice sketch pull from only two boxes, that is pretty lucky!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments. I´m still waiting on 6 boxes from D&A.

Lovemesomecards - Thanks for liking the sketches. Yes they are really awesome. First I thought that if I pull a walker sketch I´m going to sell it, but I really like this one so I´m going to keep it. I hope You get some great cards from Your boxes!

Flagcitycollectibles - Thanks for the R Hendrickson sketch, its just amazing. Yeah, I got lucky on getting a sketch from only 2 boxes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Salama,

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 boxes from Cryptozoic. I've had them busted for a while, but am now getting around to posting the results. The sketch is no longer in my collection. I don't open as much as a used to, but I had a blast w/ these boxes.

Box #1:
A14 Sarah Wayne Callies
M21 Carol's Grey Pants
M30 Walker

Box #2:
A9 Lauren Cohan
M11 Shane's Blue Shirt
M32 Walker
Tim Shay sketch card

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I cracked up and decided to open 6 boxes:

Box 1
A05 Reedus Smile
M23, M29
SB01

Box 2
A01 Lincoln Smile
DM01, M01, M31 Smile
SB07

Box 3
A08 Madison Walker
M27, M29
SB07

Box 4
A13 Holden
M15, M32
SB03

Box 5
A04 Holden from Season 1 Smile
DM03, M02, M30 Smile
SB06

Box 6
A02 Bernthal
M07, M28
SB04

No sketch card but great autograph and Wardrobe line-up.

Come and see my trade list.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Finally here after a long wait, my 6 boxes.

Box 1

Box 2

Box 3

Box 4

Box 5

Box 6

Gary Kezele

Amazing cards. I think this is the best break I ever had, it feels so good when You find great cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Salama,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow...that Kezele is insane...best I've seen of his so far, and that's saying a lot because all of his are pretty amazing.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Chuck, thanks for the comment. When I pulled this card I was stunned, I knew this was something else. This is my first G Kezele sketch and I certainly hope its not my last!

posted Hide Post
Amazing Kezele! Congrats!!!

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Salma you are a lucky lucky fellow. A Lincoln, Reedus and Kezele color me jealous! Wink

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a great sketch and you got some good other cards also, well done. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Good job! Plus 2 of Dale's tank tops! Those were produced 10-15% less than the other memorabilia cards supposedly and have good value!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ok, I like the autograph (would love to get a Laurie Holden!) and the costume cards, but frankly, the sketches do absolutely nothing for me. Rotting and dead people are not my cup of tea, so to speak. So the ONE box I got from my order of four will remain unopened until Doomsday. (Unless I change my mind, of course)

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Ok, I like the autograph (would love to get a Laurie Holden!) and the costume cards, but frankly, the sketches do absolutely nothing for me. Rotting and dead people are not my cup of tea, so to speak.

I kind of agree with you, but then the whole set shouldn't be for you because its all pretty gross. The Walking Dead sketches that I have seen are almost all well done, including the ones of the Dead. I think you don't buy this product if rotting dead people are not your cup of tea, so to speak. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post