Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Wallace and Gromit Sticards (Cards Inc)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wallace and Gromit Sticards (Cards Inc)
 Login/Join

Picture of Roz
posted
Breakdown of 1 50 pack box.

One full set of the trading cards (distributed as 2 per pack)

This consists of:

One full set of Were Rabbit puzzle cards

(another almost full set missing number 9)

Two full sets of Veg-B-Big puzzle cards

Two full sets of Victor Quartermaine Puzzle cards

(and a spare 1 and 5)

One full set of Giant Vegetable Competition puzzle cards

(spare 1x2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7x3, 8, 9x2)

Two full sets of the Anti Pesto Puzzle cards

(spare 1x2, 3x2, 9)

One full set of 60 stickers (distributed as 3 per pack or 2 in a pack where you receive a PVC sticker)

12 PVC stickers (from this box it seems that they are distributed one in 4 packs)
(10 different, 2 duplicates: 1, 8, 9, 10, 11x2, 12x2, 13, 14, 15, 16)

I'm very pleased with this - it's a great set (well the source material always makes me grin) and I like the way it's been done, and I was pleased to get a full base set of the trading cards and the stickers and then over half of the PVC stickers.

This has whet my whistle, I hope Cards Inc will go ahead and make a full monty card set with autos/props/sketches and maybe even a spare splodge of plasticine Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Have edited this post to correctly fit in the Title (Manufacturer) format.

Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One box for me too ...

50 packs of 2 cards + 3 stickers (all 2-1/2" x 3-1/2"). PVC "Scene Cards" (really die-cut stickers, not cards) displace stickers in the collation.

2 complete sets of 45 cards (five 9-card puzzles) with 9 extras. (Expect 2.22 sets on average if collation were perfect.)

1 complete set of 60 stickers, 11 short of a second set). Expect 2.30 sets on average.

12 "PVC Peel Off Scene Cards" (the chase). Sarah got the same, so we still assume an average of 1:4 packs. I also got 10 different with 2 duplicates (1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 17x2, 18x2). My dupes matched Sarah's missings and vice versa, and there's no way they came from the same case, so there probably aren't any short-prints.

Wallace: "I think we have to use a... really big trap."
Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
One box for me too ...

1 complete set of 60 stickers, 11 short of a second set). Expect 2.30 sets on average.

)

How do you work that out? Confused

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
)

How do you work that out? Confused

50 packs, 3 stickers per pack = 150. Subtract 12 for the stickers displaced by the chase. Take 138, divide by 60, get 2.30 on average "with perfect collation". Wink Of course, if we always had perfect collation, we wouldn't have to post our box breakdowns, and there would be a lot less trading activity!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh i understand. Ta So. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My box just obtained revealed the following

One full set of 60 stickers and 75 duplicate stickers (probably enough for two thirds of a set)

2 sets of Were Rabbit puzzle cards and 1 duplicate card
2 sets of Veg-B-Big puzzle cards and 3 duplicate cards
2 sets of Victor Quartermaine Puzzle cards no duplicate cards
2 sets of Giant Vegetable Competition puzzle cards and 2 duplicate cards
2 sets of Anti Pesto Puzzle cards and 4 duplicate cards
13 PVC stickers and 1 duplicate sticker

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
Just opened my box that I won here. Here is what I got:

1 base set of 60 cards

2-complete Veg-B-Big Puzzle cards
2-complete Were-Rabbit Puzzle Cards
2-Giant Vegetable Competition
1-Anti Pesto Puzzle Cards
1-Victor Quartine Puzzle card

I need 4,5,7,8,12, 16, 17 to complete one set of Peel of Scene cards. Shake Head

Extra Cards,

Lots of common cards
Victor Quartermaine 1-8
Anti Pesto, 1(3), 3(3),4,5,6,7,8,9
Giant Vegetable- 1, 7(2)
PSC- #10

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scorpiovamp,

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I want to open the box I won here, but am saving it to give to my girlfriend's son for Christmas. He loves the Wallace and Grommit movies and is also a card collector. Thumb Up

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
I bought a few boxes of these (they move very slowly I expected they would be faster sellers but then 99p for stickers is a bit much when you can get harry potter for 35p and you get more stickers.. oh well

Needless to say we did a full box over the space on a month becuse it was mostly for our 5 year old lad.

No set of stickers, missing number 9

One set of cards Vic. Q

NONE of the other card sets, I have a massive stack of rabbit cards number 1 and number 9. Something went **** up in colation here. At £49.50 a box retail I expected better, but from cards ink I am not shocked. I wouldnt have minded so much if it hadnt been aimed at kids, you cant make the odds that long on something for kids guys thats just wrong. We got 12 of the 18 red stickers as well. I'm not very impressed.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
I found #14 common card, it had fallen under the desk. Now I have a complete basic set, only missing some of the PSC stickers

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I got my box today; here is the breakdown:
  • 2 complete sets of the cards, with 12 dupes
  • 1 set of stickers, 13 short of a second set and 34 dupes
  • 9 of the 18 Peel-Offs, with 3 dupes

I'll be posting my list of wants/haves i nthe trading section later...
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
see you in the trade section. Wave